It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it's the end of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
One thing that ATS likes to talk about is how the world may end, whether it be 2012, end of September, or even 11 days from now. We spend so much time wondering about prophecies and such things, but what about when the end is actually here? What would you do? Would you cry to yourself? Whould you panic and riot? Would you go to church? What about calling those people you haven't heard from? Or just simply spending time with our kids? So many people may do different things when the time comes. You may even be one of those who are afraid to die a virgin and will try to pick someone up before the end of time, or you might be that person who felt that they did not give enough to their God and will ask for forgiveness. You may react in rage, destroying whatever is around you. Some may commit suicide, some may simply try to live their life to the fullest, but where would you be?

How would you react? What would you do? Would you scream in terror? Or would you laugh to your friend's stupid jokes? Did you have a list to do before you would die? Was there one person you never forgave? Would you go out there and try to fix alll the wrongs you commited? Or would you go out to the front yard and play a little ball with your son?

Think over these answers, then ask yourself, why does it have to be some catastrophic even that would make you realize what you should have done all along? For too long I see people deny what it truly means to be human. What it means is to develop relationships with one another, yet we seem to pull ourselves away from this, instead we try to find another purpose, which is usually wrong. Just think about it, figure out what you would do before everybody died, then do what is on that list now. We shouldn't have to wait for a catastrophic even to make us realize what is important.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i've asked myself this many times. it is a very valid point that i think many people try to avoid.

there are many things i would do if the world was ending and i knew the exact time. of even if i knew the day of my own personal death. its fun to think about the what if's in this scenario, but in reality we just can't do it. or most of us would be locked up, broke, jobless and homeless.

although for fun.. if i knew the world was ending tomorrow, i would...
play bumper cars in traffic and just push the cars out of my way, instead of only wishing i could.
i would sing to my favorite songs without worrying about breaking glass or shattering eardrums.
i would buy a brand new awesome car and race random people.
i would go up to some of my enemies and finally tell them what i think.
i would be a lot more honest about the negatives i have with people. and i wouldn't bite my tongue like i do now.
i'd have a yard sale and sell everything in my house, then take all the money i got and give it to random homeless people.
then i would get all my friends and take them to the beach and enjoy the rest of the night under the stars, in front of the infinite ocean and with the warm sand between my toes. ^_^

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Frank Spinelli
One thing that ATS likes to talk about is how the world may end, whether it be 2012, end of September, or even 11 days from now. We spend so much time wondering about prophecies and such things, but what about when the end is actually here? What would you do? Would you cry to yourself? Whould you panic and riot? Would you go to church? What about calling those people you haven't heard from? Or just simply spending time with our kids? So many people may do different things when the time comes. You may even be one of those who are afraid to die a virgin and will try to pick someone up before the end of time, or you might be that person who felt that they did not give enough to their God and will ask for forgiveness. You may react in rage, destroying whatever is around you. Some may commit suicide, some may simply try to live their life to the fullest, but where would you be?

How would you react? What would you do? Would you scream in terror? Or would you laugh to your friend's stupid jokes? Did you have a list to do before you would die? Was there one person you never forgave? Would you go out there and try to fix alll the wrongs you commited? Or would you go out to the front yard and play a little ball with your son?

Think over these answers, then ask yourself, why does it have to be some catastrophic even that would make you realize what you should have done all along? For too long I see people deny what it truly means to be human. What it means is to develop relationships with one another, yet we seem to pull ourselves away from this, instead we try to find another purpose, which is usually wrong. Just think about it, figure out what you would do before everybody died, then do what is on that list now. We shouldn't have to wait for a catastrophic even to make us realize what is important.

I'd take some time to reflect on my life. I would definitely get out and do everything crazy I could. Bungee Jumping, Skydiving, White-Water Rafting. I have plans to do those things anyway but I would move them up on priorities. I'd take a month of leave and go all over Europe. I've always wanted to backpack and I haven't taken the chance yet. Right now I can't go and see the world like I want to. (military obligations)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If it was truly the end, and everyone knew it, it would be complete lawlessness and anarchy...

Society rules are based on consequences...without consequences (i.e. end of the world), it all goes out the window.... People would shoot, rape, etc. anyone they wanted, they'd definitely do the bumper cars in the streets bit, all and any kind of illegal activity.

Personally, I'd probably experiment with strong drugs, go shoot a few particular people, and have lots of sex...and I'm a pretty nice guy....so you could imagine what not so nice folks would do...
:bash: :w:

top topics

join