It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Remember, that in Challenge Matches, you two may determine the details yourselves...topic, pro/con, etc...

Or if you prefer, I can determine all of that, which would just leave the start date being decided by you....

This will be a good one and I am looking forward to it...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Remember, that in Challenge Matches, you two may determine the details yourselves...topic, pro/con, etc...

Oh, that's awesome. Much better. Ok, Lestat. I'll be thinking of some topics over the week and I guess you do the same then we can come to an agreement regarding what we want to debate.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Count me in.

Unless of course Ian smashes my soul in our current debate in which case I shall curl into a fetal position in the corner.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We have a tentative 13 debaters now out of a field of 24. There are 11 spots remaining open. This is the current order of priority, in case we end up with too many fighters. This order will change slightly if people hold debates before the tournament, the rankings will change as debates finish and victories are assessed.

Experienced fighters who have not yet entered will be inserted into the list in order of ranking (the numbers on the side)

TruthWithin....14
nyk537....4
whatukno.....2
bodrul....2
LDragonFire....1
Ian McLean...0
maria_stardust...0
jasonjnelson...0
GUNSINWAR....0
Cadbury...0
LestatG....0
AshleyD...maybe...0
emsed1.....0

Tentative Dates
Although this is subject to change, right now you should expect the list to become final on August 15th. That gives you ~2 weeks to get your ranking up and to study past debates. If it works out, then Round 1 will begin on August 18th.

I encourage new Fighters to enlist, but please note that experienced Fighters will take precedence. As well, remember, the top eight ranked Fighters will have a first round bye.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hey, I'm a newbie up for practice debates. I used to be on the debate team in high school but that was ... ummm .. 30+ years ago.

Round 2 anyone? or anyone else want some practice with an easy mark?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Ok Ashley, looks like we need some ranking points if we are to stay in this. I prefer not to pick a topic as I will already be biased. Yourself or Memory shock could come up for one then we can start, looks like as we both have nil point we have to give it some soon.

Peace

Any suggestions on topics MemoryShock??

Cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I would like to enter into the Debate Tournament.
A calm meeting of the minds is due!! Beware ye of little brain!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
anyone want a one on one warm up debate?
get ready for the Real deal

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
sign me up

i'll take a stab at something non-political - it's all getting a little....TOO angry for me

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I always seem to come up on the wrong end of things, but these debates open my mind to subject matters that I sometimes never would have considered. So even in defeat, you win by gaining so much knowledge.

Count me in.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If theres a spot throw me in. Im kinda new around here but no stanger to debate. Im ready to take q's and kick a's
lol been wanting a legitimate excuse to say that EN GARDE FELLOW DISPUTATNS

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have been out of commission for a while, I would like to join in on this tournament.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As far as topics, I can adapt to any side of the issue, pro, con. Just let me know who, what and when I have to do this.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Are you signing up for the tournament or asking for Challenges Matches?

Either/or is okay, as I don't want to include your name on the sign up sheet if that wasn't your intent...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Um, I think I was asking for some practice first if anyone is willing. I'd hate to lose by default just because I don't fully understand the rules and haven't ever debated in this type of venue.

But I suppose if you don't have enough people at the end you can have me for a spare and just throw me into the lions' den.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Thanks for the clarification...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I`m game for a warm up match! the only problem I have now is that for three weeks I wont be able to debate over weakends! if you want to start lets do it!

Its ON

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

chisslers already offerd

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
No one wants to take me on? Are y'all scared of me already?

I'm old, practically senile. You can beat me easy.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Read the rules again and again - stil dont understand.

Count me in

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join