It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike missile bases in New Jersey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Does anyone know much about these abandon missile silos? Not necessarily their past use (I've read all about that) but about the structures there. Is there any access to underground portions there still or were there never any underground portions there?

And on a side note, does anyone know of any top secret facilities or abandon military installations in new jersey? I'm planning to explore.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not seeing any way into the abandoned ones, BUT....

"Though most have been abandoned or redeveloped, one base in Livingston, has been preserved and opened to the public as Riker Hill Park. Part of the Essex County Parks Department, the old barracks and command center have been leased to local artists and crafts people to be used as studio space."

www.weirdnj.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah I love Weird NJ. The thing is though, there is a portion of the nike missile base that is still abandon military things. It hasn't been redeveloped. I just could not find anything about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've been exploring at Riker Hill and talked with the pottery teacher in one of the barracks who said that he tried to go into the underground and it was all impossibly flooded with oil and rainwater. Also interesting to note that under the hill is not where the missiles were stored. It was actually the command center and the missiles themselves had to be kept a mile away (somewhere behind Daffy's on route 10) -I think they put up condos there now but you can find old pictures online.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Marlton Nike Base:

ph32.homestead.com...

top topics

join