It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Lets Raise Taxes!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Full Story

snippets:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain drew a sharp rebuke Monday from conservatives after he signaled an openness to a higher payroll tax for Social Security, contrary to previous vows not to raise taxes of any kind.

Speaking with reporters on his campaign bus on July 9, he cited a need to shore up Social Security, saying: "I cannot tell you what I would do, except to put everything on the table."

He went a step farther Sunday with his reponse on a nationally televised talk show to a question about payroll tax increases.

Gee. As i've been saying all along - you can't do what you say you will (as a president) without means of paying for it.

Obama got it right, and McCain was just telling you what you wanted to hear.

"no new taxes!!!" RAH RAH mcCain

Now.....all of that has changed.

How else does he expect to fund the war in Iran if he doesnt tax us all a little more?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
At this point, I'm becoming convinced that neither one of these two guys actually want to win this election considering how many stupid mistakes they're making. Then again, I'm also absolutely convinced that we'd probably all be better off if neither one of them actually did win this election.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

They're not making stupid mistakes, they're surveying and playing the field perfectly. You have idiots on both sides thinking either of these men have made it a goal to change anything tangible. Well, surprise suckers. Raising taxes isn't a partisan issue, because these two men know exactly what they're doing, and every move they make isn't a step in the right direction for us, but their employers. Everybody that is concerned about their country and their countrymen have been outted one way or another. I guess the "Republicans" and "Democrats" can bicker back and forth, even though the candidate they're rooting for are employed by the same people.

Sounds good.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Andrew, you're the guy who complains when someone doesn't post the source link so i'll return the favor.

Please post the source link. There has been no indication in the news that i've seen, not even on O-MSNBC.

If it is true, it still fails in comparison to Obama's tax scheme which is to not only add new taxes, but double the existing taxes.

Thanks dude.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I agree with you.

And that goes back to what i've been saying all along

You dont really have a choice in a corrupt vs. non-corrupt politician. They're all corrupt - its part of the job description.

So. You have to choose the one who best suits you and what you want.

For me: Thats Obama.

I learned a long time ago (through quite a few elections) that if you choose to cry and moan about the candidates, you'll never be happy. (no offense intended)

So i learned to accept them for who they are - and vote accordingly.

Is Obama corrupt? Yep. He's a politician.

But he's my kind of corrupt. He not only says things that i agree with, but as an Illinois senator, he's done things that i like.

As a US senator (despite length of time) he's voted for, and officially stated, many things that make me smile.

His out in the open stance AGAINST the iraq war, publically speaking, since the start, gives him brownie points for me.

His approval for a credit card bill of rights, whereas bush and mccain signed them away to the credit card companies themselves, gives more points.

See. McCain and Bush both (along with others) pushed for a bill that makes it almost impossible for a MIDDLE class American to file for bankruptcy. its easier than ever for the super rich, and even easier for the super poor.

But if you work a decent job, making a living, and something happens to you or your spouse

you're *snip* ed

Bankruptcy is no longer an option for THOSE people, thanks to the likes of McCain.

Conservatives, like mccain, are corrupt after 2 things:

War and Money.

Liberals, like Obama, are corrupt after 1 thing:

Oppose conservatives.

Since i despise most everything conservatives stand for.....i've voting for Obama, until such event that McCain does something to impress ME.

i'm a tax paying citizen, and i vote for whoever does the best for ME. Is that selfish? You bet your ass it is.

And i have every right to be

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
IF Both Bomb bomb Iran and OSama bin bomba
had even an ounce of credibility they would be telling you
that
Your govt pension funds have a balance of 0
all trust funds balance of 0
in america you are living hand to mouth
and on borrowed time
house prices are still over priced by 25%
that taxes need to go up big time and that
massive layoff and bankruptcies are about to paralyze the nation.

But they have no credibility no decency and no truth
their only way out of the financial mess they believe is starting ww3.
and while Americans trip over themselves jumping for joy to vote for them
your real politicians and statesman Larouche Gravel Kucinich and Paul
are not glamourous enough or are not smoother talkers enough or are not good looking enough to make the cut . Because Americans are dumbed down to the point that 3 out of 5 of Americans cant even name the three branches of govt
5 out of seven cant find Iraq on the map
and 80% of Americans believe Saddam caused 911 !
with a nation So retarded how can you expect any better
You get the leaders you deserve !
The world will not endure morons pushing them around much longer

www.presstv.ir...

When kooks like Mcain speak this is the result

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 29-7-2008 by solo1]

new topics

top topics

join