It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with the Mods here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Am I the only one at this site that thinks that some of the mods at this site are on serious power trips? Seriously, I'd be more descriptive but I'd fear my thread would be closed if I used anything worse than that fairly mundane description. I mean, posters are allowed to ridicule, accuse, defame and otherwise outright libel various institutions, governments, politicians etc. BUT, God-forbid you call someone on their idiocy on this site; you'll be censored in the name of 'anti-topic derailing', or whatever. I mean, if someone posts a thread about why ancient reptilian, pedophile, shapeshifting, humanoids are the clandestine overlords of mankind, why the heck can I get my post pulled for ridiculing someone who presents no evidence? Obviously, I'm not saying people should be allowed to name call like children, but some mods here clearly have an agenda; and if you call a spade a spade then they censor you. For a site that is supposedly about open-exchange of ideas the mods here are the most over-zealous of any forum I've ever been to. For real.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
What's the deal with the Mods here?

Usually Texas Hold 'em or Omaha...

Everyone has bias. But we as staff adhere our bias to the Terms and Conditions. Period.

As well, we discuss the action prior to making it.

Our interest is in continuing a civil flow of discussion and if you have taken a look around at the topics some people start (try the political forums to start) you can see that we have a lot of people with agendas.

My agenda is simple. Play nice. Play by the rules this website has established.

Seriously...instead of bringing attention to what you have (in your limited experience, no offense) take a look around and see what people post...and there are still rude posts that stay on the board...!

I suggest taking a breather, perhaps look around the boards and not fault volunteers who really wish that topics like this didn't get started to distract from the many other topics that are interesting...because this isn't the first thread of its' kind here.

Cheers...
MemoryShock

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The ATS staff and owners appreciate all feedback be it criticism or praise. Obviously in this case it's criticism so I would like to direct you to the The ATS Issues Thread where all these concerns should be expressed. I will be closing this thread and look forward to you making your viewpoint known in the proper thread listed above.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Regards,
The ATS Staff

Closing

new topics

join