It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing pics!! Madrid stand together in protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wow this is amazing!! Millions of people have gathered in cities and towns across Spain in a display of solidarity against the train bombings which killed 199 people in Madrid.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Al Quaida has just unified spain to kill them. If I were Al Quaida, I would be digging a hole somewhere to hide in or find a rocket to another planet.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'll believe progess when I see it. Gathering together and lighting candles doesn't mean #. You honestly think any dedicated terrorist would give a damn about a candle-light vigil? Puh-lease.

Real progress needs to be made, instead of anothert stupid gathering of "unity" that doesn't affect people that have no value for the lives of that gathered people...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Instead of thinking a couple arabic passports actually mean anything. I mean a couple of stupid kids could have put them there, printed them on a laser jet, or even the CIA, MI6, etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
I'll believe progess when I see it. Gathering together and lighting candles doesn't mean #. You honestly think any dedicated terrorist would give a damn about a candle-light vigil? Puh-lease.

Real progress needs to be made, instead of anothert stupid gathering of "unity" that doesn't affect people that have no value for the lives of that gathered people...

TS,

I disagree with you 100%. You want further hate and war probably as a sign of progress. However, the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq have done nothing to slow the terrorist agenda. In fact, it has intensified their resolve.

The solidarity showing in Spain is much better than any war on terror you can conduct. Standing their ground in the face of terror, showing they will not be scared into hiding, they will not be coaxed into war (this is yet to be seen). Is a TRUE sign of progress IMO.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

TS,

I disagree with you 100%. You want further hate and war probably as a sign of progress. However, the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq have done nothing to slow the terrorist agenda. In fact, it has intensified their resolve.

The solidarity showing in Spain is much better than any war on terror you can conduct. Standing their ground in the face of terror, showing they will not be scared into hiding, they will not be coaxed into war (this is yet to be seen). Is a TRUE sign of progress IMO.

Actually no, I don't want further war and hate as I agree that the latest wars the US have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan were meaningless.

It may make the people feel all better. But like I said, you think terrorists give a crap about the people or how united they may be? Terrorists aren't exactly ones to be afraid if they are willing to blow themselves up. What do they have to fear? A bunch of people with candles?

What's the first thing a terrorist will think of when looking at a scene like that? Candles? Or body count?...

I just don't think that terrorism can be stopped because you can't force people into getting along and people will continue to kill eachother as they have for thousands of years. It looks nice and everything. But what does it really mean? When the sheet hits the fan, are candles going to do anything? No. It sends a pretty message, but unfortunately it falls on def ears...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
TS,

Yes, terrorists do care how united people are. The reason they commit these atrocities is to invoke fear in people and to cause confusion, hate, and fighting. The people of Spain should be proud of their actions. The shear number of people who turned out to show their support of each other in the face of terror is a sign of their victory over the terrorists.

No terrorists aren't afraid of candles, but their missions are complete failures if the do not produce fear and terror. I'm not saying that the people of Spain weren't terified by the bombing, but thier response was ideal.

The US didn't use candles (well actually they did...then they dropped their own bombs) was the result any better? So don't tell me what's better when # hits the fans because in reality there is very little that we can do, other than stop the war mongering and leave peoples religions alone. Terrorists are very independent, unpredictable, and next to impossible to locate and detain, so let peace be the new action against terrorism.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
TS,

Yes, terrorists do care how united people are. The reason they commit these atrocities is to invoke fear in people and to cause confusion, hate, and fighting. The people of Spain should be proud of their actions. The shear number of people who turned out to show their support of each other in the face of terror is a sign of their victory over the terrorists.

No terrorists aren't afraid of candles, but their missions are complete failures if the do not produce fear and terror. I'm not saying that the people of Spain weren't terified by the bombing, but thier response was ideal.

The US didn't use candles (well actually they did...then they dropped their own bombs) was the result any better? So don't tell me what's better when # hits the fans because in reality there is very little that we can do, other than stop the war mongering and leave peoples religions alone. Terrorists are very independent, unpredictable, and next to impossible to locate and detain, so let peace be the new action against terrorism.

Good luck with those solutions. I've said it before, there is no stopping it.

But I do believe that religion can be blamed for most of the worlds problems today. So, as long as religion sticks around, people will be killing eachother for their ideals...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Haven't seen anything on Mr. Kerry's comments on what has happened in Spain....anyone?
Last I seen was this assertion, which rivals and mirrors that of Mr. Hans Blix's comments of yesterday:

"Kerry says threat of terrorism is exaggerated"
washingtontimes.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i honestly believe that this is the best answer to terrorism by Al Quaida, or any muslim terrorist group.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Al Quaida has just unified spain to kill them. If I were Al Quaida, I would be digging a hole somewhere to hide in or find a rocket to another planet.
+

your right about that!!! The Crusades have begun. It's going to get ugly!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
i honestly believe that this is the best answer to terrorism by Al Quaida, or any muslim terrorist group.

Yea that will bring the wold community together
If we did some dumb # like that you might as well say goodbye to washington D.C and New York. Cause that would really cause a Nuclear WAR!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

TS,

its been one day, why are you assuming what they feel or will do in response to this? dont speak for them so soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Excuse me namehere, but I didn't assume anything. It is clear how the general public in Spain feels...millions showed their support of solidarity. As for their future actions and how they feel in general, what the consequences will be etc..., if you had have read the entire post you would have realised that I did not assume anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The terroists have only accomplished making Spain more united.

It was similar here when my city was hit.

I hope they find the cowardly bastards and have a new "dead-end street" version of the running of the bulls!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
and after 911, what did the us get......the patriot acts I and II and a bunch of lies from the govt

the american public is incapable of solodarity......don't worry....i'm just an angry 30 something white guy that owns guns so my opinion doesn't count..........

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I agree with Lukefj here. Before anything can be done to stop any kind of terrorism, the people must be united in their efforts to do so. This is the first step in fighting back.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Weren't a bunch of the 911 terrorist linked to madrid somehow? I seem to recall something along those lines.

Anyway, Time to brush up on my history of Spain and the Moors. I suspect that there are some long standing issues being played out here.

top topics

join