It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction in Action! Proof? (with pics)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Quick Backstory

Ok, so I'm a journalist and we all know that from time to time journalists suffer from writer's block.

Normally it goes away before you rip all your hair out and you get on with your day.

The last three weeks have seen me suffer from a terrible block with one word.

That word was "galvanized".

It had been plaguing me and driving me insane – not matter how hard I tried, looking randomly in the dictionary and thesaurus, writing down every word that I thought was it then finding synonyms – NOTHING worked.

The Word is Revealed

Last night while watching the NRL Pre-Game show (6pm Fox Sports 2), one of the hosts, Gordon Tallis, said the word!

I jumped from my seat and screamed with joy "GALVANIZED!" "That’s the word!!!" My roommate thought I had lost the plot. I explained the story, we had a laugh, got on with the night.

Weirdness From a Bottle Top
So about an hour later a mate came round for some beers and footy.

We were drinking Carlton Draught. This particular brand of beer puts questions on the underside of the bottle top. Between the two of us, we thought we had seen them all. Always getting repeats and never any new questions.

But last night, I almost fell out of my chair at the word that appeared in one of the questions from one of my beers. The odds of getting a new question, with 'that' word must be highly remote to say the least.

Coincidence or Law of Attraction?

So while I know this isn't necessarily proof of the Law of Attraction (LOA) but damn if it isn't close!

I believe that the my reaction to hearing the word 'galvanised' on TV, screaming out the word getting all excited, sparked the LOA in action and accordingly created reverse causality ensuring the beer with THAT question was in my hands.

Readers of Gregg Bradden's works will be familiar with this possibility, but there are MANY authors who cover this area (Bradden is simply one that resonates with me)

So is this proof of sorts for Law of Attraction?

It certainly hit me as such when I saw that word on the bottle top.

Anyway I just thought this was a fun story with a great example of the power of consciousness and our own ability to manifest the reality before us.

What a shame I can't manifest more beers now…

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Sorry for the double-post.

I should probably add that I do believe in the Law of Attraction and the power of our consciousness to affect/manifest our reality.

So yes, my position is biased on this one - just thought I should declare my interest.

Also, for those unfamiliar with the concept, here's a link with some good info. I chose a Gregg Braden link because, as i stated previously, i personally like his way of explaining it all.

www.greggbraden.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Interesting story. I was especially interested to see that your concept of reverse-causality corresponds with mine. The concept of reverse-causality "plays nicely" with the concept that souls exist in a timeless state. Just an interesting connection to my philosophy

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yeah my idea of reverse causality always causes a ruckus when I mention it to people. But it makes perfect sense when applied through quantum physics.

If we are simply experiencing 3d time in a linear fashion, then all events are occurring at the same time, so therefore it matters not how we experience the events (past to present to future). This means that we can influence events (through consciousness) at any point in the timeline, regardless of when they occurred.

I always tell my girlfriend to remain positive after taking a University exam, even if she had to guess most the answers. I tell her that if she remains positive then reverse causality could come into play and make those guesses she took actually the correct answers.

Interestingly, she thought she had failed three exams, was SO SURE, but she got her marks – pass, pass and pass.

I just HAD to tell her I told you so…

Well that’s my take on it anyway

[edit on 28-7-2008 by srsen]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
well....yes would be my answer. But I dont think you´re likely to get many responses from L-O-A practitioners because its nothing out-of-the-ordinary for them.

In other words, this stuff happens all the time (once you pay attention to it) and yelling "wooooooooooooooooooooowzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....insane man! Unbelievable! Incredible! Out of this world"....makes it just that: Something rarely noticed and rarely believed.

Yes, sure. Thats Loa in action (imo).

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I think this is law of attraction. I've got a little tip for you, it is a technique you can use to remember anything you have a block over. Freemasons use it (and deny using it, maybe some don't know). You touch the fingertips of your right hand gently on your forehead while thinking of what you want to remember. Guarenteed to recall whatever within a couple hours at the most. Should save you 3 weeks.

Law of attraction working. Try and change the colour of your eyes using LOA? That's fun. Best Wishes. Starred and flagged.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by TrueLight]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good thread, and although I wouldn't go so far as to call this proof, it's to closest were gonna get I believe.

"If we are simply experiencing 3d time in a linear fashion, then all events are occurring at the same time, so therefore it matters not how we experience the events (past to present to future). This means that we can influence events (through consciousness) at any point in the timeline, regardless of when they occurred."

loved this man, that is pretty much my assumption, that everything that can, has and will exist, exists simaltaneously, all our past lives, our future lives and all alternative lives from alternate dimensions/universes of our current life all exist simaltaneously. Now I believe that we have the ability to 'view' these, through meditation and reaching our 'higher self' (spirit guide, angel, maybe even our intuition is a distant echo of this, who knows).

Stephen Hawking recently came out with a new theory on how the universe began, although it started with the big bang again, he stated that he now believes that every possibile universe that could've happened, existed at that initial burst, then disappeared almost as quickly leaving our current 'universe'
as it had the most potential to exist. I believe that he was correct, although, not completely, at the point were it is determined they 'disappeared', I believe they all settled into there own 'niché' or frequency.

Interesting possibility in my eyes. S+F

EMM

[edit on 29-7-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
ElectroMagnetic Multivers wrote

"I believe they all settled into there own 'niché' or frequency. "

.........................................................................................................

It very much explains how a person can move between other dimensions or other reality
By tuning into the different vibration or frequencies
Everything is contained with in itself
As one mass multi-universal consiousness
this dimension ..as known as... our universe of sensory perception
This is where one has a "sense" of being-ness ...existence

The law of attraction ..all ready is
in other words "it" ..is there ...all ready... waiting in place
before it is even known it is needed

"ask and it is given"

"look and you will see"

"listen and you will hear "

The "flow" of the swan messenger
brings both the question and the answer
For both wings are one and the same vibrational body
brought through and out into existence
by a harmonized state of consciousness ....

yes .... srsen

you tuned into the flow
and there it was

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

In other words, this stuff happens all the time (once you pay attention to it) and yelling "wooooooooooooooooooooowzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....insane man! Unbelievable! Incredible! Out of this world"....makes it just that: Something rarely noticed and rarely believed.

Hey Skyfloating,

You know, that's a very valid point and one i didnt think of. Tho on the flip side, the more people know about it then the more it becomes accepted and moves closer to the norm.

But still, at the time, it spun me right out!

Originally posted by TrueLight

You touch the fingertips of your right hand gently on your forehead while thinking of what you want to remember.

Law of attraction working. Try and change the colour of your eyes using LOA?

Well yeah the fingertap would work, but wouldn't it also work if i tapped my foot, sctrached my ear, rubbed my elbow, etc?

Wouldn't it work simply as a tool of LOA? Either way, i will certainly break it out next time i get mega writers block!

Change the colour of my eyes? Have you done this before? I am certainly across the theory of it, heck i'll give it a crack....

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

loved this man, that is pretty much my assumption, that everything that can, has and will exist, exists simaltaneously, all our past lives, our future lives and all alternative lives from alternate dimensions/universes of our current life all exist simaltaneously.

I believe that he was correct, although, not completely, at the point were it is determined they 'disappeared', I believe they all settled into there own 'niché' or frequency.

How interesting you mention the past lives stuff EMM. I have been mentally hacking away at an idea for last week involving this exact concept and how it presents itself in our everyday.

Could the concept of living all our past/present/future lives in the same moment account for 'soul mates'? How bout deja vu? Dreams? When you start thinking about it, the list goes on and on... I may even break out a new thread about this topic coz i think its fascinating.

And while i hadn't heard of Stephen Hawking's new twist on the big bang (i dont buy the big bang at all personally), i would tend to agree with you. All the universes settled into their own frequency - makes more sense than disappearing.

The Stephen Hawkings equivalent in on of those other unvierses is probably assuming the same 'disappearing universes theory' haha

So just going back to the point that LOA practioners experience this type of thing all the time...

I think it is a slow process, but once the mind is open to the realty of the situation, and LOA becomes second nature, it is amazing the type of stuff that unfolds - the 'galvanised' incident just particualrly spun me out for some reason.

I know this is a dumb example, but whenever i play video games, i use LOA and it undeniabley works. Especially sports games.

Last night after having a fight with my girlfriend i turn on NBA 2K8. While i was angry and still fuming a little, no shots would go in depsite perfect timing and set up. Nothing would go my way, not even dunks. As i started to chillax a bit, my shots started to drop.

Now my shot timing didnt change (i've played this game to death and normally win easy, so timing is the same every time) the only thing that changed is the Xbox 360's equation (??) to determine whether the shot dropped or not. Does that make sense?

It gets th epoint where you call the play (such as a steal or block or OOB) and then watch it unfold.

I know, nothing major, but i just reckon its great to see LOA happen before your eyes. No matter how much it happens tho, i still get somewhat shocked.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

You touch the fingertips of your right hand gently on your forehead while thinking of what you want to remember.

Law of attraction working. Try and change the colour of your eyes using LOA?

Well yeah the fingertap would work, but wouldn't it also work if i tapped my foot, sctrached my ear, rubbed my elbow, etc?

Wouldn't it work simply as a tool of LOA?

No.
The body gives off a subtle bio-electric field, holding the fingers of the right hand against the forehead subtly alters the electrical activity in the brain allowing you to recall anything you like. Childhood memories, where you left your keys, crossword puzzle answers, etcetera ad infinitum. I just threw that information out there to assist you. Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
LOA is my life-philosophy. It always ALWAYS works if you stay with it! I loved reading all the books of Joseph Murphy - he was just great. He explains very well why it works and how. If someone says negative things around me, i always try to stop them gently and to explain why this is so harmful.
so I tell the ppl just to try it and see if life changes to the best.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by milabb.
If someone says negative things around me, i always try to stop them gently and to explain why this is so harmful.
so I tell the ppl just to try it and see if life changes to the best.

Well done for gently explaining negativity to negative people. You are a blessing to this world, keep up the good work. Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No.
The body gives off a subtle bio-electric field, holding the fingers of the right hand against the forehead subtly alters the electrical activity in the brain allowing you to recall anything you like. Childhood memories, where you left your keys, crossword puzzle answers, etcetera ad infinitum. I just threw that information out there to assist you. Best Wishes.

That's awesome. Thanks so much for the info - i will defintely keep this one handy for the next writer's block!!

And i know exactly what you mean Milabb.

When i visit my parents if i'm not in the best mood or just a bit quiet they start going on bout how i might be getting sick or coming down with sometihng or blah blah blah. I have to remind them not to go down those paths as i never even acknowlegde the fact that i even can get sick.

To me, i never get ill and am always at 100 per cent health. And accoridngly, i NEVER get sick. If others say otherwise it opens up the possibility.

So yeah, im with ya!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by srsen

I think this is law of attraction. I've got a little tip for you, it is a technique you can use to remember anything you have a block over. Freemasons use it (and deny using it, maybe some don't know). You touch the fingertips of your right hand gently on your forehead while thinking of what you want to remember. Guarenteed to recall whatever within a couple hours at the most. Should save you 3 weeks.

Law of attraction working. Try and change the colour of your eyes using LOA? That's fun. Best Wishes. Starred and flagged.

I've learned to let the subconscious solve problems.
Think about a particular problem and if no answers come, let it go for a while and next time you come back to it the answer is usually there.

I probably shouldn't mention this ahead of time, but I'm trying your memory technique to see if I can remember where the heck I put a piece of 6" x 14" x 1/4" piece of stainless steel.

I bought the stainless steel and a length of aluminum solid round.

When I finished machining the aluminum the stainless was nowhere to be found.
That was about 2-3 weeks back and I look around in the shop every day.

I need it to finish a project and hesitate to buy a new piece since it's so expensive.

Time was 5:38 PM MST when I tried your memory method so we'll see what happens in the next couple of hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No daylight savings time here in Sunny Arizona - or Hawaii.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
"wooooooooooooooooooooowzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....insane man! Unbelievable! Incredible! Out of this world"

ANOTHER MILLION BUCKS! I AM ALREADY WORTH OVER A MILLION BUCKS, SO COME TO PAPA! LIKE ATTRACTS LIKE! COME JOIN MY MILLION BUCKS, YOU LOVELY, WONDERFUL MILLION BUCKS YOU!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My manifestations are getting quicker and quicker and quicker. They happen multiple times a day. I've now moved into the "1000% sure LOA is real" zone.
Here's a very recent example.

Yesterday I was talking to my sister's fiance at dinner, who was talking about how chaos would ensue if people learned they were going to die and they started doing those crazy dangerous things they've always wanted to do. As he was talking about this, what came to my mind was the movie "The Bucket List", about Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. After dinner my parents left in one car, and I left with my sister and her fiance in another car.

When we got home, my parents had been to the movie store, and had rented The Bucket List, despite already having seen it, because they thought my sister might like it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Truelight, sorry to say the memory aid isn't working.

Even with both hands held to the forehead.

So, aside from trying the method that always works - buy a new whatever, get home and there's the lost item - Sweetie and daughter are going to walk through the shop and see what they can see.

More than likely the lost piece of stainless is right there in plain sight....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

This is an excellent example of Law of Attraction.

I'm so happy that for once, someone came out and shared an experience that didn't involve getting a new boat/house/car/pile of money or other material object merely by wishing for it.

And that's why I don't like "The Secret." It only encourages materialism.

But your Galvanized story is excellent.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

You told your friend to remain positive and reverse causality would come into effect giving her passing grades. Interesting how she remained negative and got the same results. I am not sure how the concept of reverse causality has come into play here when doing the exact opposite of what is needed to be done in order for it to come into effect.

Care to explain?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

Really? Why just the right hand? Is the left hand not as effective as the right? What are the mechanics behind this claim? How does the right hand effect the electrical patterns within the brain for memory recall?

Could this technique be nothing more then a psychological ploy? Kind of like self hypnosis. You lead yourself into believing this technique and the properties of are a real deal, and so your brain acts accordingly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join