It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Knight paints Bush as American hero...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The latest Batman movie continues to obliterate box office records while spreading ‘the praise of the Bush administration in a clever way’.

A Wall Street Journal editorial says the main objective of the latest Batman epic, The Dark Knight, is to place the current US president in a mask, tacitly encouraging Americans to appreciate the ‘war on terror’ in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The US-led war on Iraq began in 2003 after the then US secretary of state, Collin Powel, presented the UN General Assembly with evidence implicating Iraq as an active producer of chemical and biological weapons with ties to al-Qaeda.

Over one million civilians and a handful of American soldiers have so far lost their lives in the war on terror in oil-rich Iraq in spite of the fact that all such US allegations have been discredited as lies.

The WSJ article suggests that the filmmakers of The Dark Knight are secret conservatives who mask their real opinions by putting them in a comicbook movie.

“The good guys become indistinguishable from the bad guys, and we end up denigrating the very heroes who defend us,” reads the article in support of the war launched by misleading public opinion.

A Washington Independent editorial claims The Dark Knight weighs in strongly on the side of the Bush administration by presenting the concepts of security and danger that ‘align so perfectly with those of the Office of the Vice President’, Dick Cheney.

“The Batman’s moral hand-wringing results in the deaths of innocents,” reads the article. It argues that, “Only by becoming like the monster he must vanquish can Batman secure a victory that even he understands is Pyrrhic.”

Christopher Nolan’s new Batman epic, which has received awe-inspiring reviews by critics, crossed the $300-million mark in just ten days with a whopping $75.6 million gross in its second weekend in theaters, The Associated Press reported.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I noticed too.
It's still a sweet movie, though.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I couldn't help but roll my eyes through most of the movie... maybe the gov killed whats his name because he figured out the real intent of the film, and they had him suicided.

Let that one bake your noodle...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueHusslin

The dude that played the Joker, I meant... they suicided him. Maybe he was going to blow the lid on the movie to the media. Make a big scene in an anti-war sort of way. People would have listened to that guy... its all about credibility.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In all honesty, I didn't get that impression after having watched the movie. What you get from the movie depends on your own predispositions I suppose (of which I have my own).

Leave it to Bush's cronies to twist something that was entirely against their mentality and re-route it in their favor. Some of the points in the movie work on many levels. If you think the terrorists are the bad guys and Bush's pack of idiots are the good guys, then you'll cheer for that reason. If you think Bush and the terrorists are equally disgusting entities who are selfish and would like nothing more than to 'see the world burn,' and that you and I are the good guys, then you'll cheer for an entirely different reason.

Bush once smugly said that 'either you're with us or against us,' and this film makes a similar statement, however the point being made is not 'you're either with the government, or you're against it,' it's that it's time to make a very clear decision between what is right, and what is wrong. This decision is very personal and includes no government, and no controlling elite. It is up to you to be a 'decent person in indecent times.'

If being decent and good places you in opposition with the government, then that opposition is necessary. If you have made a clear decision on what you want to stand for, then no man can shake that. Even though the choice should be obvious, it is up to you and only you to choose.

The film is meant to speak to each person intimately, to raise the questions in your own mind about who the real enemies are, and what you really stand for. You can be a hero, and you don't have to hold an office, carry a gun, be richer than god, or be all powerful to bring about change. The film is about the faceless hero, the stranger in the crowd that helps those in need.

It's about recognizing evil when you see it. It's about being the change you seek. It's about deciding who you really are. Anybody can do this.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I pretty much agree with your perception of the movie. I just saw it yesterday and I found it to be very disturbing!! I came home and put on a relaxing, calm English film. It helped to remove some of the uncomfortable feelings that the movie provoked.

I found that it eerily portrayed the chaos that is going to take place, and on some level is taking place now. The joker said many times to the effect; that he was the leader of chaos and loved creating it. He loved exposing people and their motives. In many ways he was unfortunately correct.

The comparisons of good and evil were quite overwhelming and disturbing.

I did not capture the Bush connection. It was not obvious to me in that way.

Also, we could not get over the previews!! They all were so tumultuous, dealing in chaos, violence and darkness.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yes this movie is made sense to me in a subliminal way but i didn't really want to ask anyone else if they notice it too. Great movie by the way.

top topics

join