It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama sounds good in speeches but not interviews.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Sorry but to me this is true.I heard some of his speeches and i'm sure he don't write them.But sitting down late lastnight watching the interview with Tom Brokaw..he stumbled many times.Seems to not know exactly what he even says or remembers in the speeches.Just my 2 cents of the good car salesman.Just a opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Its been stated by many that he's an outstanding speaker when he has the assistance of a teleprompter...not so much when he has to speak off the cuff. True? Well, let me ask you this: Why won't he meet McCain for any of those ten townhall debates that he was challenged to, including the one at Fort Hood where military families can ask questions? That one is scheduled to be held on August 11th and will be televised nationally by CBS. He's excuse is a scheduling conflict, but they've offered to work with him on the date. No dice, apparently.

Article

To my knowledge, no agreement has been made yet for him to attend.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh change, ti-time for a uh uh change

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"Yes", Barack Obama is a staunch supporter of the military and their families. Unfortunately he just can't seem to fit them into his busy schedule..

“Senator Obama strongly supports America’s veterans and military families and has worked hard on their behalf in the Senate,” said Phillip Carter, director of Mr. Obama’s veterans effort and an Iraq war veteran. “While we unfortunately had a previously scheduled commitment on the date proposed, Senator Obama looks forward to continuing the dialogue he’s been having throughout the country with veterans on how we can better serve our men and women in uniform as they serve us.”

Carissa Picard, managing director of the Fort Hood Presidential Town Hall Consortium, said she had suggested Aug. 11 and asked the campaign to suggest other dates if that was not convenient, but after several conversations she had not been able to work anything out.

“I’m having extreme difficulty getting the Obama campaign to commit to this event, and we do not understand why,” said Ms. Picard, whose husband is deployed in Iraq. “We made it very clear to them that if they would commit to the event, we would work with them on dates.”

Source

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I watched the same interview and did you notice his excessive blinking when speaking?

I counted an average at least one time per second. Sometimes very rapid blinking.

Weird, but if a Car Salesman is going to lie to me, i'd rather he look me straight in the eye with out flinching. I'd believe him more.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
One of the most probable reasons for his complete inability to string together coherent or consistent remarks on his own is that he's juggling multiple positions on most issues and he's obviously got a lot to think about to make sure he's saying the right thing to the right interest group. Most people, even politicians, have actual principles and don't change their stated stance on an issue depending on who they believe is listening at the time.

I don't think Obama's as much of an idiot as he appears to be while being interviewed or speaking off the cuff. I just think he's a major liar.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I can look past what happened in Germany to a large degree given that it was a spur of the moment cancellation, but this particular instance is inexcusable. He has PLENTY of time to work with the organizers of this event. That's a great message he's sending: Obama is more than willing to talk with every third world, America-hating dictator on the planet, but he won't meet with a 71 year old political rival to field questions from this nation's military and their families.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I've often wondered if maybe his trance-like moments with his closed eyes aren't cannabis related. He has a self-admitted history of using marijuana along with coc aine, and is an advocate of softening penalties for drug users.

Just a thought..

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I've often wondered if maybe his trance-like moments with his closed eyes aren't cannabis related. He has a self-admitted history of using marijuana along with coc aine, and is an advocate of softening penalties for drug users.

Good point and possibly true.

I'm sure BH or Quazga will come back with some outlandish argument to that like "Barack has Contacts so his eyes get dry or did you ever think it was the lighting causing him to blink??".

It's comical and enteraining though I guess.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Good point and possibly true.

I'm sure BH or Quazga will come back with some outlandish argument to that like "Barack has Contacts so his eyes get dry or did you ever think it was the lighting causing him to blink??".

It's comical and enteraining though I guess.
You know that's going to happen without saying, but you must keep in mind that they're completely unbiased, and not Obama supporters. He's just happens to be the best hope they see for America..

[edit on 28-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yeah to mention it,McCain did invite him to these townhall meetings..wonder why he wont meet him???I thought he said he would at least one.Doing a little research McCain did invite him to 10 townhall meetings...

McCain Challenges Obama to 10 Town Hall Meetings
blog.washingtonpost.com...

Then the response from the Obama camp which is one townhall and 4 debates

Obama camp offers one town hall, 4 debates
elections.foxnews.com...

Although if there was or wasn't a meeting on the 4th i haven't heard of it.This is exactly what i want to see Obama do,if ever at all.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Obama is a highly rehearsed and scripted speaker. He does a very good job at acting and should probably do that versus being a politician. Heck at least the big movie guys would know he has a track record of being "present"!

[edit on 7/28/2008 by AndrewTB]

new topics

top topics

join