It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the fact that alien life exists not fire sweeping ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I for one find it a bit strange that this revelation is not completely fire sweeping this forum and ATS in general. Edgar mitchell, a respected doctor and astronaut has revealed that yes in fact there is life out there and everything we have been talking about is true. Is he lying? What more do we need? this is like the government admitting that 911 was an inside job or that sasquatch does indeed exist. There is life out there! This man is putting his reputation and his legacy on the line to say so. This is what we've been waiting for- no? I dont feel the excitement....

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

Last warning: stop editing mod notes....please

[edit on 7/28/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tasteslikethunder

People are too denial about everything. To me, I think it's gonna take aliens talking on CNN for everyone to really care! It frustrates me too. I don't know why people don't want to believe in other intelegent races. Fear? I honestly think aliens aren't hostile. Not like HUMANS in other words!

Freaky

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Using the search function you will find threads upon threads discussing the recent "disclosure" from the respected former astronaut. Personally I don't find this to be a defining moment the ufo community has been waiting for especially because there is no evidence to back up the claims he has made. Even when great men talk, at the end of the day, they're still words.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"UH..."

i've seen the posts, the straight info. the fact is that this is what people have been waiting for- you might say the whole reason a site like ats exists. yes i've seen the previous posts so dont pull some " you might want to do a search before you start a new topic" type bull on me. I know ats is aware of this topic - obviously, i'm just wondering why everyone is not more celebratory of the news.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

usually everytime i think a UFO case is important you dont

i was actually thinking of you at some point when this story first hit on ats. do you think this interview is weak and that we should move on? does this case pass your approval

many thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If it is true then it is great. I tend to believe the man as his life did seem change after his space exploration days.

I am waiting for extraterrestrial life to make life here better. I am not saying they come by my place a hand me things but a positive effect on the thinking of humans and the way we treat each other and the planet.

If they are flying around space and we on Earth sit here, kill and poison ourself, then their existence hasn't done much in my eyes or apparently any other human eye.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Because, I for one, KNEW there always was life outside earth There just had to be, we exist therefore they exist. If the government really does grow some balls and admit that there are indeed advanced alien civilizations, I won't be surprised.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Might be that most people on here already belive in ETs to some degree or another and its not as shocking to us as it would be to the rest of the world...if only the major media would release it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The story will probably get bigger in the next week as other sources pick up on it and it spreads around...

To me, its just another story. Theres no substance with it, doesn't matter who it was from. I can name plenty of big names with tall tales that never went anywhere.

And tasteslikethunder I simply listed those links for reference.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No hard feelings Dulcimer. thanks for putting all the related topics into the post. This is the start of something that we've all been waiting for. it's like when you were a kid at christmas and you started to rip open the "big present" everyone told you to save untill the end. we have the ribbons off and the wrapping is in strips on the floor by the tree, now we are starting to cut open the tape on the box...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I got closed but now i'm back. I think this is a legitimate question. obviously the mods are a little touchy about me asking it. maybe once this is out, ATS will be slightly less relevant? Myself i think ATS will be a great tool to discuss this and thats why i posted this....

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
We'd love to believe the guy. And he probably believes what he says is true. But unless he comes up with the goods, it's all just second- or third-hand information. Just an opinion.

The minute he produces some independently verifiable documentation, photos, video, a flying saucer carburetor, an alien skull, the names of his sources -- something -- then we'll do the cartwheels.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
disclosure is here y'all it will just take time to accommodate.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I must say it kind of creeps me out when something like this doesnt get more media attention. our local news had a story about an old boat that overturned while anchored, but nothing about this. even things that are obviously just paparazi rumour get more attention than this.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I find it a strange world when someone that has walked on the moon can come back and tell us that there is life out there and we dont believe him. I find it really strange. The extent of scepticism baffles me.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

as time passes the people of our recent history become less and less important, do you give a whoot about christopher columbus at this point.. no! the younger generation (myself included) dont really appreciate the triumphs of our human development, were lacking empathy for the man who walked on the moon for 9 hours and is now trying to relay his life experiences to us. we dont even care

because it didnt happen yesterday, but then again we were desensitized to the moon walking once we hit grade school, it was one more accomplishment "NEXT"..

more people do actually believe edgar than deny him..those who appreciate the heroism of our astronauts..like yourself.

top topics

join