It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega tsunami to hit USA?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Exactly! That's what the scientists predicted. They found that the past few eruptions of Cumbre Vieja have caused a chunk of land to slip further and faster toward the water. If a scheduled eruption occurs, it could ultimately shove the rock into the water.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I live on the ocean, around 100 yards from the beach; on the east coast.

That would really suck bad, thats all I can say. The east coast of the US is supposed to be the safest area of shoreline in terms of tsunamis.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreakyBesides, most REAL psychics aren't WRONG about any predictions; they're just not accurate

This sort of sums up everything doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

It IS rare that tsunamis would hit the east coast. That's because there is little seismic activity in these oceans.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Devil

Absolutely. There are no psychics! There are just different levels of understanding. Anyone can be a psychic, you just have to have a few people who choose to believe you rather than themselves.

The rest is a snowball effect.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

That's exactly what I said. Maybe being at a greater level of understanding IS psychic ability.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

It's just tapping into the ether. I have had close contact with some of the "best" psychics in the world my whole life. I know them all! Most are family friends.

A great majority of them just pull stuff out of their bottoms with hopes that someone will say they are correct. Only a very small few actually know how to tap in and they are the ones that do not have followings...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Nevermind. I'm getting off for a while. I'm done trying to convince people. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Freaky

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hey guys this is my first post in this forum. After viewing this thread I immediately registered here. Im from Brazil, sorry if i make english mistakes. Please guys i swear that this is not fake. From my IP you can see that Im from Brazil. I can prove with my brazilian ID, etc...

This thread is a big coincidence to me. Please read, NO BS

Today(28 july 2008) i dreamed, very real, me and my friend Pedro and sister was at a California beach, many girls, guys, crowded beach in a hot sun day. I noticed the waves started to get bigger and longer. So i yelled TSUNAMI, TSUNAMI... and started to run and run, I went to the highest floor of a building. Than the things got quiet, I came back to the beach and a old man said a Tsunami hited California and many people died. I tried to find my sister, i couldnt, i started to cry and i woke up...

I am dreaming with Tsunamis many times, all those dreams is very real. Last week I dreamed with Tsunamis too. My last dream, today, for the first time I was certain about the location of the beach, it is in California. I dont know the city, but was a crowed beach with many hot girls.

Maybe was just a symbolic dream. But was very real, I never went to EUA and all I saw in my dream was very vivid. If you live in California just pay attention, if you are in a constant state of fear dont try to run away of it, fear is a great thing to have and to learn from.

I believe that sometimes God, or the thing that created all this, say hints about future events. Maybe we are just pieces of a game table, and the players sometimes show us hints...

[edit on 28-7-2008 by bugasman]

"HOW DO I KNOW
WHEN TO EVACUATE?

A major tsunami-producing earthquake will likely shake the ground strongly for at least 20 seconds. Get into the habit of counting how long the earthquake shaking lasts. If you count 20 seconds of strong ground shaking, evacuate as soon as it is safe to do so.

If evacuation is impossible, the third floor or higher of a reinforced concrete building may offer protection, but such a building should be used only as a last resort.""

from the website
CALIFORNIA'S TSUNAMI RISK
NatGeo

[edit on 28-7-2008 by bugasman]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So many times this one is brought up. And it terrifies me. When I was a child I had a dream that wave at least 1000 feet froze in place for a moment about to fall, and we lived in the south Okanagan, the interior of BC, 1000 feet above sea level. I told my mother, who also had had the same dream at one time. So many people have dreams like this, I think it might be normal to dream of catastrophes a bit, it doesn't mean they're all going to come true. At least, I hope not.
It would take quite a disaster to bring the kind of wave I saw. Like the one that happened many thousands of years ago when a huge chunk of ice fell into the ocean, perhaps becoming the Noah story. Like a crustal pole shift, which is hopefully very unlikely, like the Hopi natives myths coming true and the earth spinning 4 times, but then, we will all perish.
Lastly, like Dr. Deagle spoke of in Hawaii, with regards to the huge amount of magma building under the worlds largest volcano. He said scientists did estimates on computers, I believe in Beligium, and that would be a wave at least half mile high. Probably want to head to the rockies if it looks like that volcano is about to go.
I'm really sick of all the catastrophes that are supposedly coming. I spend time picturing our earth healthy, stable and balanced. I feel she was a really old soul, and hence, despite our lack of concern for her, she really cares about all of us. I think praying, visualizing and affirming good things is really healthy.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If it hits where I live then I will die most likely look at the Treasure Coast in florida on a map, but honestly if it's my time to go I won't fear death.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Looking at Serraino's past predictions realized listed on his Web site, I'm not totally sure what to think. I mean, sure he has some hits, but most of them are things that could easily be seen as happening in the foreseeable future. Predicting that the Dow would be over 10,000 by the turn of the century in 1983 seems like a good bet considering inflation and such. And then the prediction about the war in Iraq, he had a 50/50 shot there because most of us knew George W. would want to finish what is dad started!

I'm with MurderCityDevil, I'd like to see the predictions he's gotten wrong so far. I'll be anxious to see if any of the future predictions come to past...especially the rapidly-healing protein that will help with all those ailments!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

Yes, this is scary. Could you imagine what another natural disaster of this magnitude would do to the US? I mean with Katrina, 9/11, the Iowa flooding, the fires in California. Oh and add the financial crisis that we are already in.

Good god, it makes you want to dig a hole and crawl in it. No where is safe anymore. Lets just hope he is wrong.. But he did have a accuracy rating of 82 %. We will find out soon enough...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
Doesn't anyone think this sounds really scarey? I hope this doesn't happen NEXT MONTH. Or ever. I'll be safe 'cause I'm on the other side of the Appalachian Mountains, but what about the east coast? Heavily populated areas such as New York city would be devistated almost like the Day After Tomorrow! That's how big they expect this wave to be.

The likely hood of this being an east coast event is nearly not at all when compaired to the west coast. The West Coast has the shielf that would alow for a killer wave to impact with full force where the east coast has a tapper that would dampin the wave's force. Ad to that the aspect that the direction of the water's movement in accordance to the earth's rotation.

I'm not making a prophecy here. It's a shame I need to say such. However what would be the likely hood of a slip of the poles in so much as to cause a tidle wave?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
if this peter guy is as accurate as they say im very interested in these predictions

November, 2008 There will be major archaeological discoveries in Ethiopia including lost texts relating to the Bible and an unusual referrence to what we would call today extra terrestrials

December, 2008 A new planet will be discovered. It will be Earthlike and will be in the outer part of our Solor System. It will have an odd oliptical rotation, two moons and will be generating light and heat. (dont let the nuburu fans read ths )

December, 2010 Proof of a second gunman in the shooting of President John F. Kennedy will become known. He will be revealed as a hired European assasin.

December, 2010 A major medical breakthrough involving a protien which promotes rapid healing will be revealed for diseases and illnesses such as Cancer, AIDS, Influenza and the Common Cold.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here are his predictions, just in case they "disappear" from his website.

Time of Event Prediction
May, 2008 There will be the start of a financial upswing in the US economy.

August, 2008 Contamination threats will result in closures of major waterways in the U.S.

August, 2008 A tsunami will hit the East Coast of The United States.

November, 2008 Cuba will be open to tourism and trade.

November, 2008 State rights will be brought to the forefront as a political and election issue.

November, 2008 There will be major archaeological discoveries in Ethiopia including lost texts relating to the Bible and an unusual referrence to what we would call today extra terrestrials.

November, 2008 The President of Mexico will be assasinated.

December, 2008 By December 2008, the advent of biomechanics will be viable and a good investment in companies involved with this industry.

December, 2008 Before the end of December 2008 will bring the start of a revolution in China.

December, 2008 A new planet will be discovered. It will be Earthlike and will be in the outer part of our Solor System. It will have an odd oliptical rotation, two moons and will be generating light and heat.

December, 2008 A new energy technology will be revealed. It will be relating to plasma.

December, 2010 There will be a new discovery of oil within The United States and it's territories.

December, 2010 Proof of a second gunman in the shooting of President John F. Kennedy will become known. He will be revealed as a hired European assasin.

December, 2010 A major medical breakthrough involving a protien which promotes rapid healing will be revealed for diseases and illnesses such as Cancer, AIDS, Influenza and the Common Cold.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

May, 2008 There will be the start of a financial upswing in the US economy.

That is his most recent...i might be wronge...but were still on a downswing as far the US economy goes.

And considering there are like 10 predictions for the next 6 months, and he has like 15 actual events predicted for 20-something years. that can't be 82%...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Tidal Wave?

soooo what? Just make sure you know how to surf well... epic ride dudes!

[edit on 28-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
"A new planet will be discovered. It will be Earthlike and will be in the outer part of our Solor System. It will have an odd oliptical rotation, two moons and will be generating light and heat."

generating light...LOL, haven't heard a planet that generates light, maybe lots of volcanoes?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I live overseas but will will be in myrtle beach oct. 4-8th so that will be when it happens as i have the worst luck known to man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join