It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli 'shooting video' condemned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This subject concerns daily human rights violations carried out by Israeli occupation forces in the Occupied Territories against Palestinian civilians. This is just one example of a "minor" crime...Israel has killed over 4000 Palestinian civilians since September of 2000...600 of whom were young children. Know your facts...

Israeli 'shooting video' condemned

The Israeli defence minister has condemned an incident, captured on video, in which an Israeli soldier shoots a Palestinian detainee.

Ehud Barak vowed on Monday that the incident would be investigated, but Sarit Michaela, from rights group B'Tselem, told Al Jazeera that such incidents are usually ignored by the military.

"Generally, there is very little accountability when it comes to Israeli security forces following up on cases we report - cases like the use of weapons, harassment charges, beating up civilians or killing children," she said.

On Sunday, B'Tselem released a video showing a soldier firing his rifle toward a captive Palestinian man.

The rights group names the Palestinian as 27-year-old Ashraf Abu Rahma.

He was hit in the foot by a rubber-coated steel bullet

Israeli media said the army arrested the soldier involved and that he told investigators his commanding officer, a lieutenant colonel, ordered him to fire.

Even though Abu Rahma was tied up and blindfolded, the officer said he told the soldier who shot the bullet only to shake his rifle to frighten the Palestinian.

According to reports, an Israeli military spokesman, said: "When the investigation is over and the results are in, steps will be taken."

Barak on Monday insisted the incident would be investigated.

"The Israeli military will investigate the incident, learn its lessons and hold those responsible to account," he said.

"Warriors do not behave like this."

'Whitewashed'

The incident occurred three weeks ago in the Palestinian village of Nilin during protests against the construction of Israel's barrier in the occupied West Bank.

Michaela told Al Jazeera: "In my four years here, I haven’t seen anything this severe.

"However, the phenomenon of firing rubber coated steel bullets at protesters and the culture of whitewashing a community is very common amongst Israeli army officials."

Michaela said that high-ranking officials hardly try opening investigations that could potentially charge soldiers who commit such crimes, "and even when reports are made, the government rarely follows up on the charges to punish them through a military tribunal", she said.

According to Michaela, Israeli military regulations stipulate that rubber coated steel bullets are not permitted to be fired within a 40m radius, and officials are advised to aim for the legs only.

However, B'Tselem reported in a press release that the rifle, which appeared to have been modified to fire rubber-coated metal bullets, was aimed at least 1.5m away from his foot.

"I think the incident wouldn't have gained media attention had the video not been released and it forced him [Ehud Barak] to react. Otherwise, the incident would have been whitewashed and nobody would have known about it," Michaela said.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
When will people wake up?

Another proof of the gross mistreating from Israel's side.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
When will people wake up?

Another proof of the gross mistreating from Israel's side.

Aipac and their Lobbies make sure that this is not fit for Media Attention and the Media knows that if they ever Print or Show these News Reports, they will lose all their Members Advertisements, so democrazy is for real, after all !!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I was going to create a thread for the video but saw someone beat me to it.

here is the video. pretty shocking.

israel if full of zionist trash thugs like this. and through their lobbying groups they seek to turn america into a state like this.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I only have read 1 article in a newspaper here about it, talk about controlled media

Everyone should see how Israel has become a monster in the middle east.

And we trust these people with nukes and the Iranians not?

top topics

join