It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im truly undecided. Help me vote.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
But whatever you do, dont give up your constitutional right to vote. Its your patriotic duty.

Sorry mate. If one of the candidates were even remotely close to my values, I could vote for them. Not voting is also voting: Voting for something different than those two clowns.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You have the wrong idea of the stick . If the candidates who have any of holding office don't reflect the views of the electorate then there is a clear case for reforming the political system in question . Look even National Leader John Key who's party wants to hold a referendum on MMP has said that if voters ditch MMP there wont be a return to FPP and that there would still be some Proportional Representation . Personally I think that Key is barking up the wrong tree but that is another matter .

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Sorry mate. If one of the candidates were even remotely close to my values, I could vote for them. Not voting is also voting: Voting for something different than those two clowns.

I agree

especially if you're registered - during the last election there were several stories covering the tracking of the "non-vote" vote

so - you will be counted

I didn't vote for president in the last one - I couldn't handle the idea of one more election where the only choice I had was the lesser of two evils

finally I had to decide - if I were really honest I could only come to one conclusion - and vote for neither

I did vote locally - on every issue - in every race

this is where it originates - you can show your support or do your culling in your state

a form of natural selection

can't help you in this election - I'm in a trance just watching the whole thing

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

In retrospect I have to say that this thread was pretense. I´ll remain true to myself and admit: Im not about to vote.

Im shocked at how many people are deceived into thinking that any of these two candidates are even close to having an intelligent program.

When looking at their issues I feel like Im an alien living in a stone-age civilization.

Candidate 1: "Lets not teach em how to fish, lets just give em fish"

Candidate 2: "Lets not teach em how to fish, lets go steal fish from other countries"

Cant get any more dumb than that. And guess what...people are placing their hopes into it on a mass-scale.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

which is why the non-vote is an actual vote

and I'm willing to defend that - as a true patriot

I can't vote for an unacceptable candidate - I just can't

the way the system has evolved - how we've allowed it to evolve - has put us in the position of having no position

so, if only in my fantasy life - the non-vote represents the true vote for change

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Vote for Paris Hilton. Her energy policy makes more sense than either Obama's or McCain's.

Sure she is sort of shallow and self serving, but what politician isnt?

Plus, as she said in her political ad, she is hot.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

we might just as well

how much could she really mess up?

besides - we still have the senate - and congress

oh, wait...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Candidate 1: "Lets not teach em how to fish, lets just give em fish"

Candidate 2: "Lets not teach em how to fish, lets go steal fish from other countries"

Cant get any more dumb than that. And guess what...people are placing their hopes into it on a mass-scale.

earlier - I forgot to say - I really have to agree with the fish analogy - when did we become so simple?

and when did this become such a team sport that you root for your team regardless?

and you're right - I can feel people's need to believe in a way I haven't in past elections - but that's the one thing I do get - I have that feeling - that need this time around too

but, where to go - what to do?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I too am having trouble deciding who to vote for: Barr who I agree with totally but who will never win, Paul who I agree with but isn't running, or Mccain who is like 1% more conservative than Obama but actually has a chance of winning.

On my more idealistic days I say Paul or Barr, and on my more realistic days I say McCain. Then other days I just say why vote.

The only thing that gives me hope is that if every single person who hated both candidates voted for Ron Paul I'm sure he'd win by a landslide. Who started this myth of the two party system anyway?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

I'm guessing the 2 parties

but - if we survive this election - and go on to survive several more elections after that - I think we'll see a change

it's already starting - this sort of discussion is going on everywhere

it never happens overnight - it just never comes soon enough

but change happens

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hi. I know Iam not from your country. But if there really is a world agenda for new world order? then dose it really matter which one you vote for? as the hidden rules will in the end control it all behind closed doors.
We hear a bit about it over here in Australia, and things have gone a little quiet right now. the games. but I have seen in the past, that no matter who you vote for there or here. we still seem to get the sharp end of the stick. Any way Good luck. Cheers

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GEF1378

Trust us, we the people here in the US tend to get the sharp end of the stick no matter who we vote for as well.

Unfortunately, our government no longer serves us, it serves itself and its buddies in the corporate realm. It also no longer matters, (thanks to globalization) if the corporate entity is American or Multi-national.

So, we do understand, and we feel your pain in the rest of the world, literally. What you see on TV about Americans living this fantastic life is only partially the truth. We have a very high rate of poverty here, we have one of the highest rates of child mortality in the industrialized world, and we are far from number one when it comes to many of the other things considered markers on the UN human development index. The US is #12 on the "high" list.

hdr.undp.org...

Although this sounds good, for a country with our wealth, it is pretty sad. It is also an indication that we really havent figured out a way to get our government to serve us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join