It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So are you going into space?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sir Richard Branson unveils Virgin's spaceship
Branson unveils tourist spaceship VIDEO

Sir Richard Branson has unveiled the shuttle his company will use to send tourists into space and revealed that one of the first launchpads for flights will be in Scotland.

So when are you going into space?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Right after I make my first Million $ or so, Heck at the rate the dollar is falling and the way the economy is going maybe my first Billion

Who knows maybe never.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I would love to go.

If I had the money to "waste", I certainly would sign up. Ever since I was about 6 or 7 years old, I've wanted to go into space.

It's kind of hard to beleive that we'll see civilians get the chance to do it. I didn't think this would happen until way after my life time.

Imagine the view of the earth from up there

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Right after I make my first Million $ or so, Heck at the rate the dollar is falling and the way the economy is going maybe my first Billion

Of course it's going to be expensive at first, but so was air travel and now you get flights for less than £30.00.

So if it was cheaper would you go?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOpsychiczebra

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Of course it's going to be expensive at first, but so was air travel and now you get flights for less than £30.00.

So if it was cheaper would you go?

Hm, what about this idea: on the first trip the seats should be drawn by lot!

how much do they want for one trip? I´m sure some booked already today!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
$ 250.000 for the flight... not bad!
so i am for the lotterie

have a look at the thread, same subject
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonslostgolfer
$ 250.000 for the flight... not bad!
so i am for the lotterie

have a look at the thread, same subject
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There will be more flights and they will get much cheaper.

You mean 'related' subject don't you? The other thread is just about the craft, this thread is asking people if they would like to go into space.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
ok I'll go only if it's first class and they serve those little bags of salty almonds, they're my favorite

Also do you think they'll take a third party out of state check with no ID?

[edit on 29-7-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Now this for me owuld be a dream come true

I sure need to find a very well paid job. Live at home for ages and not go to football! then maybe I could have the money to go but then that would still take years.

I wonder what it really feels like to be in space. And I know it is dark in space but what could you actualy see? Debris? Stars? Plannets? (If you got close enough)

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Nah it's way too expensive from my working class ass. Plus it's only sub-orbital your only weightless for 5 mins then it's a 2 hour journey back to earth. I guess that would be pretty cool still.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You won't have to wait long for cheap flights into space, I'm sure Stelios Haji-Ioannou is already working on 'Easy Shuttle' a bright orange space shuttle flight for $500. just don't eat the in flight food.

peace....

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

I want to go immediately to the moon, into space, off the planet, wherever.
If they put a prison on the moon, I would commit whatever crime was necessary to get myself incarcerated there. I would be the indentured fulltime clerk for thirty years sleeping on a cot in some asteroid 7-11 store.

Getting off the planet is the only political issue of any importance.

I seen Barney Frank on TV couple days ago and the interviewer-entity asked him why he hates Mars, and BF replies that he doesn't hate Mars but he just doesn't want to spend (I'm paraphrasing here) millions of dollars to go there when those millions of dollars could go instead to follow the other millions of dollars that have gone fruitlessly down the rathole of easing the endless sufferings of the millions of low-functioning ordinary Americans who can't do for themselves and might as well be dead, and perhaps would be if not for these green beans grown in a community garden thanks to a neighborhood grant. (It takes a brilliant committee to devise a job for each worker ant, at great expense and with much self-congratulation...But feelings are beyond monetary etc...But I digress...)
But private commercial space is the way to go anyway.
The government didn't lead the settlers into Indian country, back in the cowboy days...The folk scented freedom and pushed their own way into the lawless emptiness, et cetera...
I think space life will soon be cheaply available if you don't plan on coming back and you're willing to take a sporting chance on dying in the process...
But we will soon see, yup yup.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

I think space life will soon be cheaply available if you don't plan on coming back and you're willing to take a sporting chance on dying in the process...
But we will soon see, yup yup.

The question is, if that is the criteria what would be the motives of the people sending you?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well the way I see it. This is the only real way mankind will get out into space. I mean all the worlds governemnt space programs are nice and all but unless we get out there on a commercial bases we will never advance

new topics

top topics

join