It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kitten Skull on MARS ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Very interesting find, but not likely what it's claimed to be. Just another rock.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What!! Holy scratching post.....there's pussy in space. I'm soooo happy.

Meow,

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There is a strange amount of members, today, registered on 2004,2005,and 2006 with 2,3,4 posts or less than 1000 points. This is NOT ordinary. How comes?
Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this whole Mars Kittens thing is very old news:

www.stevemartin.com...

At least they aren't Evil Kittens

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Dude, last time i got a kitten its skull didnt extend down below the jaw line.....How can anyone think this is a kitten skull, for one, if it was...it would be EXTREMELY deformed....Have any of you saying it looks like a skull ever had a kitten???? The dont have giant bone growths that come off the bottom of there skull....

Yeah, Ive seen alot better photos from mars then this...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would like to add that any creature with a nose, Its skull wouldnt show the nose, just the the holes where the nose was. I am surprised nobody has brought that up. I have seen pictures from mars that do look like something that doesnt belong there and i have seen many that are questionable. This picture falls into I am just a rock catagory.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Looks more like a rock to me, naturally formed by weathering. Who decided to call it a kitten skull anyway?
On what facts do you base your claim that NASA has known about fossils for a long time? I have never heard that before.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Must be a rock, the eye-socket is way to small to be able to have normal eyes in it, unless it are very small eyes.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I don't think it's a kitten skull... but certainly it's a skull...whose that skull??? cannot it be a allien's skull instead?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

but maybe it's a rock...yeah...it must be a rock... try again!! we continue to look for!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
LOL jeez if i wanted to be so arrogant i would go to the lander website and find many rocks and post them what i like also.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

LOL jeez if i wanted to be so arrogant i would go to the lander website and find many rocks and post them what i like also.

just so everyone knows i am not the one who named the artifact 'kitten skull'

if anyone bothered to click the link in the op you would have seen that.

i thought it looked like a skull of somekind when i first looked at it and wanted to see what everyone else thought and from the replies i got it's easy to say that most people here think it's just a rock....and that's ok

thanks internos for your kind words...

thread closed...lol

xul

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Can't see s###, captain!!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ill just be glad when the summer gets over.. and most of the 10yr olds quit posting this junk..

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It looks like an odd formation but even if it was a skull there's no way we could verify that from just one picture, anyway nice find we have to keep looking but I'm sure that if there're compromising material coming from the rover's camera it'd be filtered at NASA before releasing it to the public, just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i havent read all the posts (sorry) and again im no doctor, but since when did kittens have bone for the nose? I thought it would be cartilage.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I've seen other things in Mars photos that were damn confusing but not this.
Seriously...that looks like a rock.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
just so everyone knows i am not the one who named the artifact 'kitten skull'

if anyone bothered to click the link in the op you would have seen that.

i thought it looked like a skull of somekind when i first looked at it and wanted to see what everyone else thought and from the replies i got it's easy to say that most people here think it's just a rock....and that's ok

thanks internos for your kind words...

thread closed...lol

Ah jeez man you don't have to take it so seriously.

I can see where someone may get excited about the details of a Martian landscape and hope to find some form of fossilized remains (or actual life) and quite possibly think that they did catch something abstract that could look like remains.

I am glad you brought it up at least for us to have a look and I don't hold you responsible for the title. Although it does lend itself to being mocked it soooo many funny ways.

Sorry dude.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That rock possesses very little in common anatomically with a feline skull. The "eye sockets" are far too small, especially for a juvenile of any mammalian species. It possesses no apparent sagittal crest, has no visible zygomatic arches. I suppose that with an accumulation of dust and martian soil over a great span of time a skull could have it's appearance altered to a great degree, but with that said, how would one know that it was a skull, or even identify it as specifically as being a "kitten" skull? You should google the anatomy of feline skulls and see for yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

thanks for your post but..let me repeat this for the last time...

I DID NOT NAME THE THING

check the link in the OP you will see it was not me....geeesh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join