It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another little drinky could get you hung

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yet another reason not to embrace Sharia law in the 'West'.

Iran hung 29 people in one go yesterday morning. Among those hung were drug dealers, murders and the odd tippler of alcohol. What a bummer, bang goes the odd pint of Ringwood bitter and glass of malt.

Iran executes more people every year, 317 last year, than any other country; except...?

There is no prize for guessing the top of the hanging, shooting list.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Survey Says: China! I can't recall the exact number, but it is somewhere around 450 annually.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

The most amusing thing for me is the claim of 'enlightened societies'.

I shall rest my case.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

China may have the most, but when you look at the population count, the percentage of those executed in Iran looks a lot higher.

China's poulation = 1,330,044,605

Iran's population = 65,875,223

source = www.census.gov...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

That is a very good point, thanks for sharing that. I am not thinking outside the box this evening, so I might not have come up with that angle on my own...

I suppose I should have another tea instead of the alcoholic beverage I am enjoying.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The United States keeps more of its own people than any other country on the planet. The US has better than a half million more people behind bars than China does, with their enormous population and Communist totalitarian rule. Per capita, China doesn't even come close to the US. Iran comes in thirteenth on that list topped by the US.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The United States keeps more of its own people than any other country on the planet.

That's true. No one is fighting to get out or leave the US. There are lots still trying to get in though.

You have to count China's germ warfare accidents that result in "Mystery Diseases". The Last one killed dozens of kids.

Don't forget to factor in the underground Nuclear explosion causing the most recent quake in China.

China hands-down kills the most of it's own people one way or another.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

If you want to talk about killing your own people, think of how many people die of heart attacks, strokes, and other health reasons every year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to mention the number of people who are killed in street violence and such because parents are working too hard for too many hours to be able to raise their children properly.

top topics

join