It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously injured in fall, cops taser teen 19 times

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

check this one out...the latest in cops love and affection

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Thanks for sharing. As you know first hand, it's not so much a "good cop bad cop" thing. It's an "error in the system" thing.

I've heard so many people argue, "well, cops are people too," as if that's some sort of excuse. Yes, they are people, with biases and compulsions, and all sorts of other garbage that other people don't need in their lives.

So you know what, keep the cops out of the lives of citizens as much as possible. Instead we have the exact opposite. Everyday they are coming up with new ways for a cop to poke his nose in your car, your bag, your pocket, your house, and straight up your ass. THAT's the problem.

A few times when I was a teenager, I called the police for help, and regretted it. Since then, I have never called the police for help, and I'm still alive. We don't need the police in our lives, and the police can't protect you.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Tasers a form of torture, says UN

Australia Daily Telegraph
Sunday November 25, 2007

TASER electronic stun guns are a form of torture that can kill, a UN committee has declared after several recent deaths in North

America.

"The use of these weapons causes acute pain, constituting a form of torture,'' the UN's Committee against Torture said.

"In certain cases, they can even cause death, as has been shown by reliable studies and recent real-life events,'' the committee of 10

experts said.

Three men, all in their early 20s, were reported to have died in the United States this week, days after a Polish man died at Vancouver

airport after being Tasered by Canadian police.

The man, Robert Dziekanski, 40, fell to the ground and died after the police officers piled on top of him.

There have been three deaths in Canada after the use of Tasers over the past five weeks.

The company that makes the weapons has said that similar deaths have been shown by "medical science and forensic analysis'' to be

"attributable to other factors and not the low-energy electrical discharge of the Taser".

The UN committee made its comments in recommendations to Portugal, which has bought the newest Taser X26 stun gun for use by police.

Portugal "should consider giving up the use of the Taser X26,'' as its use can have a grave physical and mental impact on those

targeted, which violates the UN's Convention against Torture, the experts said.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i hate the police, they do more harm then good. I live just a few miles from this incident. I hope it doesn't happen to me

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Cop Probed For Tasering 82-Year-Old Woman

RCMP subdue hospitalized man, 82, with Taser

Police taser 75-year-old at nursing home

Ohio Police Taser Blind Woman Suffering From Cancer

Blind Woman Tasered by Dayton Police

Pregnant woman 'Tasered' by police is convicted

That's frightening to say the least.

This crap is drilled into their heads. Their indoctrinated to think they're always above the law and above the common citizen and have the power to do anything and no one has to right to override them.

Helloooo good little Germans!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
All the police have brain damage from using tasers as I believe that each police officer gets shot with one during training. Their is a study out about them that being hit with a taser could impair cognitive functioning.

UPFRONT
Stun guns may cause brain injury

New research finds that stun guns—also known as Tasers and used by two-thirds of the nation's law enforcement agencies—may impair people's cognitive functioning.

In a study of 62 police officers, researchers at Rosalind Franklin University of Medical Science in Chicago and the University of Illinois found that police officers who had been "tased" during training drills fared worse than a control group in attention, processing speed and memory. The results, though preliminary, suggest that law enforcement agencies should reconsider their use of Tasers in training exercises and that researchers need to further investigate the potential long-term effects.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

This crap is drilled into their heads. Their indoctrinated to think they're always above the law and above the common citizen and have the power to do anything and no one has to right to override them.

It's worse than that really. I'm not sure where I posted it, if it was in this thread or not, but yesterday I posted something along these lines...

There is nothing to fear but fear itself, so be very afraid of the police. It's not so much that they are trained to be above the law, they are above the law. What they are trained to be, is scared. They live in a constant state of fear. They are trained that every single person they come across, might be the person who prevents them from going home to their family at the end of the night. They jump at shadows. How long can a person, trained or not, keep up a tempo of fear like that day after day before they snap?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the granddaddy of all taser headlines!

“COPS TASER CORPSE FOR NON COMPLIANCE”

Police chief O’Malley stated earlier today that the corpse did not respond to repeated request to comply to officers during predawn raid on cemetery...

[edit on 29-7-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Does anyone know what kind of steps could be taken towards having an investigation launched towards having tazers removed from police officers?

We could all get our own.....

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I wouldn't bother. You try to tase a cop, you might as well send some lead their direction, because they'll be sending plenty of it your way.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Cops caught again....they could at least train them to break their own laws with some stealth.
Then again, causing the fear that comes from their blatancy without punishment is largely the point.

A cop can't (legally) shoot someone in the back for running away from them during an apprehencion (unarmed of course). You can't shoot an intruder in the back that's invading your house with ill intent. Yet, tazing in the back is a viable option...strange?

Since the UN as well as many other bodies have declared the use of such high voltage submission devices as torture tools capable of inflicting death. If I get shot with one by some wannabe tough guy cop, sounds like I can hold them accountable for attempted murder. And when I say held accountable I don't always mean legally.

Ya really wanna know what I want to see happen. I'm waiting for the day that one of these candy boys in a uniform decides to pull some of these tricks on the wrong person.....oh something like MS13 should do the trick.

With the new materials on the market that are supposed to neutralize the effects of the probes and some other gadgets of the sort, I expect quite a market for counter operational equipment to equal things out a bit.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
simply put "why was there a need to deploy the taser needles (19 times)" that alone makes it worse then rodney king, minus the race factor.

this is so sad, soo sad, then that "so called cheif" justifies what happened to this boy, what if his son was shot with a taser "19 times" OBSIOUSLY (sp?) the taser wasnt working, and by the size of that kid, me myself, and i could subdue him easily being 6'2 275. no need for that much tazer, that cheif needs fired for even justifying this brutal act.,....

them cops were prolly like zAp him, OK AGAIN, ok again, ok again. etc 19 times...... comon, when will it stop?

sadly i know the answer is never it will only get worse? why ?

why is that?
more and more. population count is only thing i can think is why we see things like this happen and its ALMOST considered "norm" heh

you know i just thot, damn this kid is going to have a SEVERE case of post tramatic stress of police officers, even if he was saying" kill cops" now he has a imprint for life in his mind of cops zapping him 19 times, wonder what his opion is now of cops? i feel real bad for the mental state of this person, he prolly hates anyone that in uniform that even comes close to representing a police officer, if i only had the money to help people like this i would, try to make a foundation that can help people that get "abused" by the law

[edit on 29-7-2008 by noone81]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
For christ sakes these taser stories are always so ridiculous, the kid did nothing wrong, as with most cases... right annoying... someone should just hook up those electrodes to some 5-0 testicles and let it shock away see how they like it...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I live about a 10 minute drive from Ozark and this is the first I have heard of this. This is sick that the cops would do that to him with a broken back.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be outraged at the use of tazers and want them banned. Well good luck and if you haven't figured it out yet, the US is NOT a free country but a police state. Spout off about the Constitution and Bill of Rights all you want in court and see how far it gets you. Exactly nowhere!! All courts are under the UCC, I suggest you educate yourself.

The poor kid can win in court and have the officers loose their bond and jobs without hope of ever being in police work ever again. However, he has to use the UCC. The judge will not go against it or he will loose his bond and position also.

Police officers use tazers because they can and get away with it. You might want to check out the meaning of "police office Vs peace officer". We used to have "peace officers", not anymore.

"THERE IS NO FEDERAL COMMON LAW, AND CONGRESS HAS NO POWER TO DECLARE SUBSTANTIVE RULES OF COMMON LAW applicable IN A STATE, WHETHER they be LOCAL or GENERAL in their nature, be they COMMERCIAL LAW or a part of LAW OF TORTS." (See: ERIE RAILROAD CO. vs. THOMPKINS, 304 U.S. 64, 82 L. Ed. 1188)

The enumerated, specified, and distinct Jurisdictions established by the ordained Constitution (1789), Article III, Section 2, and under the Bill of Rights (1791), Amendment VII, were further hodgepodged and fundamentally changed in 1982 to include Admiralty Jurisdiction, which was once again brought inland. This was the FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE necessary to effect unification of CIVIL and ADMIRALTY PROCEDURE. Just as 1938 Rules ABOLISHED THE DISTINCTION between Actions At Law and Suits in Equity, this CHANGE WOULD ABOLISH THE DISTINCTION between CIVIL ACTIONS and SUITS IN ADMIRALTY." (See: Federal Rules of Procedure, 1982 Ed., pg. 17. Also see Federalist Papers, No. 83, Declaration Of Resolves Of The First Continental Congress, Oct. 14th, 1774, Declaration Of Cause And Necessity Of Taking Up Arms, July 16, 1775, Declaration Of Independence, July 4, 1776, Bennet vs. Butterworth, 52 U.S. 669)

Link to external content]

You have a choice, you can either fight them with their own laws or fight them by force. If you choose to do neither, they will just keep on tazing people. Do you want your family or loved ones tazed by "law enforcement"?

The motto was "serve and protect", today I wonder, serve who and protect from what? It sure isn't the public nor a 19 year old with a broken back.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am absolutely outraged by more news of a Stun gun used on an innocent person by these retarded cops! This also just happened last week here in Canada where a kid was running away from police down the street and he was tasered like 13 times or something and fried to death.Something needs to be done about this ,I am at the point of giving every cop I see the finger! Power tripping bastards!!

Thank god this boy did not die like the one in Canada.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by mistr_b2]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The supreme court ruled that its not the responsibility of the police to protect the people, despite the "protect and serve" slogan. Their only responsibility is to enforce the law.

here

You are responsible for your own protection, from criminals and police.

Buy a gun and get a concealed carry permit.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is another example of how f***'d up our whole society is at the hands of "free enterprise"/ big business.
The people who manufacture these gadgets supply training videos and programs that hype up the imagined "danger" lurking out there from the common man in the public. They exaggerate the supposed need for the thing in the first place, and eventually the hype becomes accepted wisdom in the forces so the cops are truly scared of us as another poster noted earlier.
Point is, once they (the police forces) have it they will use it #1. And if they are scared silly they will use it stupidly #2.
The police department defends its use to legitimize their expense and extend the self-serving paranoia - serving who? -- the people who manufacture these things of course, no-one else #3.
Its no different than the drug industry filling people with fear over every imaginable disease or worry for which they coincidentally have the magic elixer/drug to solve your designer disease and empty your pockets at the same time making both them and doctors rich.
Today's society is totally suckered by the business interests who inflame our worries and fears to sell us a gimicks that in the end are actually doing more harm than good. The big business has the first world by the short and curlies.
Its time to wake up people and start questioning and fighting back this ridiculous and dangerous march towards what can only be the destruction of life as we have enjoyed it. Tasers are but one part of the bigger picture. The problem with their misuse is a clear indicator that we need to tackle the bigger picture and get back control of our governments, media and way of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join