It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Barack Obama Revealed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Maybe we LIKE it stuck in our ears? You ever think of that?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

thank you Quazga and now the post can be closed as debating it would be futile and pointless

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by Quazga

thank you Quazga and now the post can be closed as debating it would be futile and pointless

You are quite welcome.

If there are any further questions.. please contact Army Times

As they have tracked it down and verified that it was a fraud.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by TruthWithin

I currently hold a title as a veteran upon leaving Military Service. I understand greatly how veterans are treated. I also undertand what is going on with soldiers returning home.

There are a few things about this war that need addressing yes... such that.

We are fighting over oil but currentl have the understanding to produce clean running cars... but we dont? Why? Because half of the representative of the U.S. are bought and paid for by soldiers who have saved them the right to "buy"(steal) oil from these people. While our government does so much evil it also does so much good. A good portion of the people in Iraq have so much going against them. THe conditions heat... I would be paranoid too if I lived in a desert and was always being tormented by coniditions such that they face. However I would not turn to blowing people up in the name of a religion that was created to control mankind. Christians have smeared the Name of Jesus for their own purpose. Jesus would back very few of the people calling themselves Christians today... THE PROBLEM I HAVE. Is that instead of fixing the system we continue to support it with a broken system and a paid for senator.

ITS TIME AMERICA WAKES UP- And quits thinking they know where i come from
. I agree with some of you Supporters of Obama... but obama mccain and all of them are fake. They are just the representation of a broken system and all of you are playing games voting them into office so they can stick it in your rears... I dont understand any of you.

I appreciate your OBAMA FAN support

- This is not however your thread/post
-Do not try to run/close threads/posts that are not your own

This is open for discussion. Do not be ignorant or indecent.

Edit to add more. Im changing the title to more appropriately address your ...misguided oppinions.

The topic of discussion is now about the letter and government covering it up

[edit on 28-7-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And just for the record Quazga, the Army Times is not an official US government resource. All US government sites end with ".gov".

Trying to pass off this obvious pro-Obama site as government in context, is as bad as trying to pass off the information on Obama's site as credible.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
And just for the record Quazga, the Army Times is not an official US government resource. All US government sites end with ".gov".

Trying to pass off this obvious pro-Obama site as government in context, is as bad as trying to pass off the information on Obama's site as credible.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by jetxnet]

Whoa..

Ok, so now the Military Times are in on the conspiracy. LOL

From their site:

Every week, the print edition of Army Times delivers to you exclusive, original, in-depth news and analysis about your career, pay and benefits and issues impacting your professional advancement. In addition to vital career news, Army Times is packed with community information and active lifestyle features of interest to Army personnel and their families. Army Times offers over 18 supplements throughout the year, including valuable military resource guides, a special annual historical issue, military healthcare specials and important second career and educational supplements.

Army Times is part of the Military Times Media group, consisting Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times and Marine Corps Times.

ArmyTimes.com offers the speed and convenience of the Internet. The right information, right away! Rely on ArmyTimes.com for breaking news, a wealth of personal finance information, including tax and financial planning information, a comprehensive guide to your healthcare, recreational resources, an expanded community area, information for the Guard and Reserve and MUCH MORE! ArmyTimes.com is the site a Soldier can depend upon.

In addition, Army Times subscribers receive FULL access to the premium areas of ArmyTimes.com - only available to subscribers. Premium areas include:

Newsletters
This week's edition of Army Times
Army Times and ArmyTimes.com team up to give you a complete guide to your career!

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Army Times is part of the Military Times Media group, consisting Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times and Marine Corps Times.

And guess what? Military Times is not an official government source either.

Do you want to see what an official government site looks like? Notice the web address (they either end with .gov or .mil for the military):

enterprise.spawar.navy.mil...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

And guess what? Military Times is not an official government source either.

Do you want to see what an official government site looks like? Notice the web address (they either end with .gov or .mil for the military):

enterprise.spawar.navy.mil...

So let me get this straight.

Your point is that the Military Times news complex is Pro-Obama?

If that is the case I would really like to better understand.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No, i'm just saying you use this site alot for reference as you have in other threads.

If you are trying to imply that this is a government-based resource, then you are wrong. It is not. It is owned and operated by an independent company outside of the military and government.

In other words, it has a CEO and board-of-directors.

It is a MEDIA source, and all media sources are biased in one form or another.

Quit posting BS from their site, it is no more credible than information presented on Obama's site.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Do Not Waste your time Jet. While we support the same argument others would rather resort to chest beating. Primitive monkeys.

This Thread is CLOSED.

The letter was described as a fraud. The Soldier was indeed punished because of his act of doing so. The Global Elite are monitoring the situation and there is nothing we can do. Please move on about your pointless lives.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No, i'm just saying you use this site alot for reference as you have in other threads.

WHAT
?????

Could you please show me any other thread that I have used the Army times as a reference for, other than for this story? (I think there was another thread on this story)
I've never used this site before in my life prior to today. Although, during my time in the Navy I read Navy Times rather frequently.

If you are trying to imply that this is a government-based resource, then you are wrong. It is not. It is owned and operated by an independent company outside of the military and government.

All that I am implying is that this is a news source which is closer to our troops than any other I can think of. And it is credible.

In other words, it has a CEO and board-of-directors.

It is a MEDIA source, and all media sources are biased in one form or another.

Well I'll buy that all news sources are biased one way or another, even if unintentionally, but the Navy Times always was biased towards the sailors, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Army times is biased towards the troops in the field.

Quit posting BS from their site, it is no more credible than information presented on Obama's site.

How is it not credible? What IS a list of credible sites for you?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Above Top Secret Is Slowly getting worse.

MODs Close Thread...

[edit on 28-7-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Turns out there are 3 versions of the letter. One from CPT Porter in the Army, one from CPT Porter in the Air Force and one from CPT Porter in the Marines. LOL This guy is really devoted to serving his country!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by rjmelter

www.snopes.com...

Ah once again Snopes comes to save the confused and gullible from the spurious chain email.

"True Obama Revealed"?

Hardly.

No...this is an example of the insidious political smear machine churning out more bunk.

Common sense would tell you that after being heavily criticized for not visiting Iraq, to have him go and ignore the troops ENTIRELY would be absurd. That would have made him easy fodder for the neo-con smear machine. Since he clearly didn't do this, they had to make up a lie that he did. As in most cases making up a story is better if you can't find one. Listen...if any of you get one of these chain emails about either candidate, odds are there is a 99% chance it is a fraud. Think twice before forwarding, unless of course you don't care whether it is true or not. It which case you are now a sheep.

The ones about Obama are absurd, but even more shocking is that people believe them. Like the chain mail about Obama refusing to pledge the flag. I understand there are some that hate him so much, that they don't care about little things like FACTS and TRUTH and would rather not even figure out if the story is accurate. Instead they simply and happily forward the bunk to any and everyone with the hopes it will bias at least a few people. Then there are those that just believe everything they read.

I have one question though: How the heck do you guys get these messages??

Granted I wouldn't think twice about such rubbish (much less rush to post it up or pass it along) but I never end up receiving any of these sort of chain mail ruses.

The only time I ever got forwarded nonsense like this was through my work email system...something about AIDS needles in gas pump handles that the cleaning lady felt obliged to send everyone...including the bosses in all divisions...and there was the time a friend of mine called me in a fluster. She warned me not to go to any malls on October 30th because of an email she received. The email was from some concerned citizen that knew a nice old lady that saved an Arab/Muslim from being hit by a car in a mall parking lot. He was so grateful that he passed on some "secret Muslim info" to her. He told her that an attack was going to happen in a mall in October and to stay out of all malls.

That was seven years ago and it still cracks me up.

So how do you get these Obama messages to your personal email?

Are you signed up on a hard-right conservative website that has access to your personal email?

Are your friends hard-right conservatives that are a part of a smear campaign to get this junk out?

Are you?

Seriously, how does junk like this reach your Inbox?

Busting this sort of BS is fun and without receiving any I'm feeling left out.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
The topic of discussion is now based on the fact that this soldier has his own oppinoin but has been discredited... he even discredited himself after being pressured to do so... yet they say he said his sources are innaccurate. So is the soldier himself inaccurate?

Yes.

Look, you are still desperately clinging to the story as if there is some possible shred of truth somewhere in its layers.
Are you serious? It has been proven false.

Ok...let me help you out, man.

Yes, what he said in his chain email is inaccurate.
Officially the Military denies this, and there is much proof to the contrary.
Are you suggesting that all of those sources are all inaccurate and this one soldier is the only reliable source? That this is now simply his opinion?

If it was just solely his opinion he would be speaking of his own interaction with Obama and not speaking for the entire military in Iraq. He stated that Obama refused to meet, speak, or thank the soldiers in Iraq.

Not refused to meet with him personally.

Not refused to meet any of the soldiers he knows.

He said from your source (my edits):

- TAs the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General.

- He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

It is a lie.
There is nothing else to discuss.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think it's going to be pretty hilarious when all the things referred to lies, are proven to be true about Barack Obama. There's still three months to go, and Obama is getting more and more scrutiny all the time. The GOP is just holding back on the real show-stoppers till it's too late to do damage control.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sorry guys.. Double posts!

[edit on 28-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I think it's going to be pretty hilarious when all the things referred to lies, are proven to be true about Barack Obama.

The proven lies will remain just that, save for in the minds of those delusional enough to ignore common sense and basic fact.

So you believe the conservatives are waiting to contradict the military and videos in this case, come to the rescue of this admittedly dishonest individual, and vindicate his bunk of a story as fact with some irrefutable proof?

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

- Lee

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join