It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Barack Obama Revealed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is from a letter that I received in the Email. The person I received it from received it from a friend of the soldier. All of them are honest people and would not bother to resend this if it were fake.

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just
wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for
about an hour on his visit to "The War Zone". I wanted to share with you
what happened. He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got
to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander
here at Bagram. As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew
them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet
the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty
much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out
in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing
basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank
them for their service. So really he was just here to make a showing for
the Americans back home that he is their candidate for President. I think
that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you
would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing
for you. I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the
Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be
the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone
would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was
scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great
country.
If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I
wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What
you see in the news is all fake.

In service,
CPT Jeffrey S. Porter
Battle Captain
TF Wasatch
American Soldier

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any,
is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential or privileged material of Linde Process Plants, Inc
and/or its Divisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive
communications through this medium, please so advise sender immediately.
This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading,
use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or
associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message
or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments permanently from
your system.

Edit to add

The topic of discussion is now based on the fact that this soldier has his own oppinoin but has been discredited... he even discredited himself after being pressured to do so... yet they say he said his sources are innaccurate. So is the soldier himself inaccurate?

[edit on 28-7-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

there has to be a sure fire way to trace this letter to someone and who exact this is

this seems like something a soldier would talk to his family about and not just a hello everyone email

seems a little odd, but also odd that obama didnt go up to the troops

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Im sure there are many ways to trace this letter. However he name and information is on the bottom. Im sure if you do more research you will find he is still based out in Afghanistan.

I find it highly probably that Obama would surpass those soldiers... If there isn't a camera who cares about those guys. I personally would shake the hand of every soldier I saw and probably a couple of them twice.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow you got the same letter this guy did , yall must know the same guys.From a soldier in Afghanistan ....

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the post and re-enforces many our views of the *real* Obama. The guy is a complete fake.

It was almost that he was
scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great
country.

I really think he's Muslim and the soliders over there are killing his radical Islamic brothers in arms (because they are trying to kill us off).

In any case, it goes to show you the guy doesn't respect America or what she stands for.

It's rediculous and the American people who have even a single ounce of Patriotism should not vote this guy into office.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Can I get you to repost the exact link to his post so i can respsectfully give credit where credit is due?

Edit to add. Oh ok thanks He didn't post the letter he posted it in another forum about Obama Thanks for that. Thought I was taking another persons post
But im not

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Im sure there are many ways to trace this letter. However he name and information is on the bottom. Im sure if you do more research you will find he is still based out in Afghanistan.

I find it highly probably that Obama would surpass those soldiers... If there isn't a camera who cares about those guys. I personally would shake the hand of every soldier I saw and probably a couple of them twice.

First off great thread RJ! It's nice to hear some news that isn't filtered for us by the mainstream media.

Don't worry, some Obama fan will track this guy down to verify he actually wrote the letter.. If he says he did, you'll never hear about it.. It'd be interesting if you could find out just how many do try to contact him as a result of your posting.

Thanks again for the thread, and give him my best.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Echo3Foxtrot

Page 6 :O)

[edit on 7/28/2008 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by rjmelter

www.snopes.com...

Dont like the one liners...

However Snopes says that they have a video of Obama meeting with soldiers eating with them etc.... a video... lol... again i will resay it... A VIDEO.

And according to snopes they did research and the man exists. So a real man has a real oppinoin and this is flagged as false on snopes ay?

I suggest all of you read the snopes article. and read it throughly

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The letter is a lie...

snopes.com

In addition to the official military denials, the following Department of Defense video shows Senator Obama meeting, talking and eating breakfast with US troops in Afghanistan (and includes a brief interview with a soldier who noted that Obama "took time out of his schedule to come over and visit with us, not just at this camp but at other surrounding camps in Afghanistan):

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
To quote a reply from another forum about this very letter:

I called a few of the people I know who sent this to me or got it and they all believed it at face value. Some of them were upset about it that they sent it to their friends. Not willing to take this at face value, I decided to do some research. First google search on Jeffrey S. Porter revealed a bunch of links. This was the first.

richmonddemocrat.blogspot.com...

Apparently, its a fraud if you read the rest of the google searches. So, why aren't republicans willing to research this kind of thing?

Its just further proof that news isn't news unless it falls in line with what you feel or believe is right. Which is why Fox News ratings are very very good. Where else are right wingers going to get the news they can agree with?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ok so I ask you this... Read your snopes Mass Media source...

Have you ever been filmed on camera? Do you know how it shows your true colors so you act out what you want so others can see.

Since this whole election is about color. The Soldier who was interviewed saying Obama had dones these things Where is his proof. Last of of all note his color. This is all a sham. The U.S. is about to get the worst Wake up call in all of World History. - You can quote me on that. Rj Melter-

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sorry, rjmelter, this story continues to fall apart...

Porter’s reply declined the interview request, but said:

“I am writing this to ask that you delete my e-mail and not forward it, after checking my sources some of the information that was put out in my e-mail was wrong. This e-mail was meant only for my family. Please respect my wishes and delete the e-mail and if there are any blogs you have my e-mail portrayed on I would ask if you would take it down too.”

“These comments are inappropriate and factually incorrect,” Bagram spokesman Lt. Col. Rumi Nielson-Green told the New York Daily News.

“We were a bit delayed ... as he took time to shake hands, speak to troops and pose for photographs,” Nielson-Green said.

Navy Times

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Even if the video is authentic BH, which doesn't make alot of sense because the DoD doesn't conduct media coverage like that, then Obama is still posing for Cameras and media coverage.

Did you see all the flashing bulbs going off in the background? It's more Obama media exposure.

Someone put the "Department of Defense" video tag line across the top.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
The Soldier who was interviewed saying Obama had dones these things Where is his proof. Last of of all note his color.

You just lost all credibility with me. Sorry.

If you google this mess you'll find the truth, Or you can keep on believing CPL Jeffreys, even though he admitted he lied.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Then i will say this and leave it at this.

As the letter falls apart it must be one of the most significant emails to go out into the Mass Media. You have all of these people saying its denial even the Soldier himself. If he were a part of the group of soldiers... is he the source wrong in his accusations?

And once again... its just one man.. an email for his family.. So why is it getting soo much attention. The Sins of our fathers have been covered up and painted a pretty picture for all to see. If that isn'y quoted yet you can quote me as saying that also

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
And BH, this is already causing a stir and to further avoid any leakage the story was obviously make-shifted to be in a more neutral light.

It is drawing too much attention so has to be squleched. The DoD does this all the time.

The soldier's family was probably get a 100 phone calls and e-mails an hour from Obama supporters much like yourself to try and discredit him.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I personally love the way Benevolent comes in and says

You just lost all credibility with me. So what are you saying im a racist now you saying that all indirectly for all other viewers. Ok so here this is. I have 4 people i hang out with every other day. 1 of them is black. I even eat dinner with his family... am i racist ...nope. DO i have the right to make a point and an oppinion... yep.

So dont come in this post with your My oppinion will shape this thread attiude. It will take more facts for you to post to keep the truth from being uncovered good sir.

Here is a thumbs down for you because that is my oppinion

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join