It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Abstain In 2008: The Second American Revolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
what is the REAL difference between voter abstianance and voter apathy ?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Easy...No difference at all, both feel disenfranchised and dislike either candidate running, hence they choose not to vote.

If you like Mcmurder or Obamination then voting is for you.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
as always in politics you must always vote for the LEAST WORSE.

Not voting is only slowly renouncing to our freedom to choose our leaders.

Fail. "with us or against?" I choose to be neutral and not having to have anything to do with either you or your "enemies."

>_<

We always have a choice, and we never have to pick a or b.

we can always choose not to choose for either or.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You never know, maybe my prediction will be the perfect setup for the upcoming election to gear the "people" up again.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
THE WORLD IS WITH YOU,HANG BUSH,PUT RON PAUL IN CHARGE,AND THE WORLD WILL BE SAFE,I LONG FOR THE DAY WHEN THESE PRICKS PAY

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtown
THE WORLD IS WITH YOU,HANG BUSH,PUT RON PAUL IN CHARGE,AND THE WORLD WILL BE SAFE,I LONG FOR THE DAY WHEN THESE PRICKS PAY

you're gonna have to "hang" more than just one person.
and the world will be safe from what?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
None of you must have voted in '92, when 19% of the vote went to an independent named Perot.

So, Bush 41 lost, and Clinton won, which was not what we who voted for Perot wanted, since most of us that voted for Perot were disenchanted Republicans.

Despite things being bad in our country, everyone seems to want to move here.

If you want to move out of the U.S., I'm sure someone would be glad to participate in your place.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamTrekker

we arnt going anywhere! we dont want to move out of the US. This is our country! we want the corrupt globalists who rig elections and the media to leave...they dont give a crap about us or america.

look perot and ron paul are precisely why i feel voting dosnt work anymore. they are never given a fair shot by the media and the media controls the masses. the best way for the people to vote is a vote of no confidence.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Honestly the turds in the Whitehouse couldn't have devised a more asinine tactic to distract the revolution. I ABSTAIN IN 2008, please give me a break
Same goes for the NONE OF THE ABOVE chain of fools. I strongly suggest as another mentioned write-in Ron Paul / Dennis Kucinich. Someone over there needs to get their ass into gear to ensure the PAUL / KUCINICH write-in votes count. If mister.old.school was a true patriot he wouldn't be advocating such a cowards scheme.

To hijack the OPs text size abuse ...

WRITE IN RON PAUL /

DENNIS KUCINICH

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

dude didnt you see the primaries? we had masses of people voting for ron paul when he was on the ballot, and they still stole the election. you think they are going to listen to write ins? even If ron won by write ins they would hide the fact and just say mccain or obama won. they lie, that is all they do and they have the media to back them up. THE SYSTEM IS BROKE.

Its time to try a diffrent approach.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It don't matter if you vote or not , or who you vote for , coz the decision has already been made for you. I say you concentrate on getting everyone who can vote , in to vote. And tell them to go for the rank outsider. Failing that vote for me , an English guy. I bet I can run the US better than an American can.
All the US politicians care about is lining their own pockets and the coffes of their masters.
As for the people being in charge ? forget about it , the corporations are in control of the US.

Don't abstain - Vote for DataWraith - a vote for honesty , integrity and all the other words ending in ty....

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Yes it will be McCain or Obama in 08. No the write won't win, but neither will Abstain or None of the Above. But at least with a Paul / Kucinich write-in you are exercising your god given right to vote for someone real who actually DESERVES your vote, rather than squandering it on some half baked gimmick as posted in this thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

the council on foreign relations is the american branch of a british organization. they pick all of our presidential canidates who end up getting elected. you brits ARE in control of this country, and your doing a pretty sh---y job of running things. why dont you take all your globalist organizations back and leave us alone. then our country might stop acting insane for once.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

the whole voting system is a gimmick! my decision not to vote isnt because of this thread, the OP just captured very nicely what I had already been feeling.

like has been said before if you participate in the system you are giving it credibility saying that you believe in it and that is why you vote.

i dont believe in the system, am not represented by it, and will not vote.

i voted for Ron in the primaries. i refuse to play make believe anymore with the corrupt people that rig the elections. f--- them and their sham.
I want people to know the american people arnt buying the bull s--- they are selling anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I understand, but despite the primaries debacle, Ron Paul hasn't stopped working on your behalf and neither has Kucinich, they've both continued doing great things in even greater defiance of what the system (yes it is rigged) would prefer them do (lay down and die). Don't they deserve your continued support, no matter how token you think it is? Why should anyone bother at all if you let apathy win? Just hand over the keys to the NWO and walk to the gas chambers.

I think such individuals who persevere should be rewarded with your ongoing support rather than the resumption of apathy (especially under the superficial guise of Abstain etc). If you think abstaining makes some kind of statement you are only submitting to the will of the people you despise the most. The powers are really counting on the dissipation of the faint stirrings of freedom, and slogan like ABstain 08 only strengthen their agenda. FOunding Fathers would be turning in their graves, and personally, I think it amounts to treason.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

oh i completly support them both. i donated hundreads to Dr. pauls pres campaign and also his congressional re election campaign. i completely support kucinich and his impeachment efforts. im just saying the presidential electoral system is rigged against us and i refuse to play the elietes corrupt game any longer.

im all for voting in smaller local elections that havnt been corrupted yet.
i will not vote in the presidential election though out of protest.
what did the founding fathers do when they were taxed unfairly? they abstained from paying it. I think they would be proud of the spirit of protest actually. heaven knows the voice they wanted us to have by voting is not being heard by the politicians who get elected by the system.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
what is the REAL difference between voter abstianance and voter apathy ?
i think the difference is apathy is a lack of caring who runs your country, and abstinence is an ideological stance meant to make a political statement.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well if you could talk to Paul or Kucinich directly and ask them which option they'd prefer you to do, I reckon I know the answer. Anyhow, you seem hell-bent, so give your idea a go and post how you feel about it 12 months later, assuming there's anyone left here to read it

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

ABSTAINING is exactly what both parties want you to do. We must simply change election law to include 'NONE OF THE ABOVE" on the presidential ballot. In the case where "NONE OF THE ABOVE" wins (which would certainly happen this year) both parties must go back and nominate another candidate.
We have had "dumb as a box of rocks" (so described by people I personally know who work around him on a daily basis) in the White House for the last 8 years. Neither of the current choices are fit to serve, in fact they are so bad that I begin to wonder if the whole thing is not a way to plot the ultimate destruction of America. WE DESERVE BETTER. There are more qualified people who could be president and we are served up a constant stream of idiots.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

If you are going to mix dems with reps in your vote show you really understand what is going on and vote for

McBama/OCain

Write that in and you will get your point across.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by UFOTECH]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join