It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Abstain In 2008: The Second American Revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You know what you all are that are agreeing? TERRORISTS! Dirty no good TERRORISTS! You're speaking treason!

TERRORISM!

OK, but seriously, as a military man, I have stopped caring what's happening in the country. I have been in the states say...28 days out of the last two or three years. Really, I love my country, but sometimes I feel people take their freedoms for granted. Hell, when people start saying that the government is taking freedoms and being dictators or whatever you liberals are talking about these days, it insults me. You have no idea how good you have it living in America. And if you REALLY wanna know what it's like having freedoms taken from you, join the military. You'll get a first hand experience of what it's like to have to watch what you say or do. Basically as a Marine, I don't have the freedom of speech. There are many things I can't say to different people or else my butt is fried by my higher ups.

You Americans are living the high life. Please attempt to see the good, there's not a lot, but there is a good amount. Do it as a favor from someone who fights for your freedom.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't want to be president, but if ask to run my slogan will be: I Admit It I did It. Now that, that is behind us let's get down to the issues.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

I have been a reader for a few years and second this motion. Name the place and time and I will revolt!!!!!

This country is being run to the ground and needs some big time changes.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What you are talking about is simply another form of pacifism. You dont vote, and whoever is able to get enough idealogical diehards TO vote wins. You acomplish nothing but guaranteeing that an idealogical extremist gets voted in by voting followers. The more appealing thing is TO vote for the lesser of two evils, and over time steer the country back the way we want it to be. It will take time, but NOT voting is exactly what they want. Why do you think they try to make it harder to vote? They DONT want you to vote so they can use their unconditional followers to win the election. Sorry, I dont buy your rationale at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I read all the posts Old School,did you get the reaction you were looking for?We as Americans have been so divided that there is no way we ever unite long enough to do anything.Why do you think no honorable, moral citizen will step up and run for President of The United States?????I don't know,do you??
Great post and even a better try.Never QUIT!!
Unity,Demonstration,Boycot and RECALL!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
this is like all other media, trying to get people to get angry and do something "physical" to one another, thing is, we are all born on this planet, and we "all" are one, the same.!?
Personally i will never phisically harm another human, unless my children were harmed, and at that thats revenge, a very old, feeling that even i dont know if i culd control,
i just want to say be aware! of any type of protesting, involding physical harm to one another, me being white, my fellow china man, or iran man, is no differnt, my earth human brother, and i would help with my life.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree, we need a third choice vote which says none of the above. Since you cannot simply leave the present pig in office, there must be a default alternative for the instance of a "None of the Above" winner. And I have the revenue generating answer. None of the above results in a lottery for the position being held.

Picture that: Everyone interested in the position buys a one dollar lottery ticket. Winner takes office! Then we will truly have an America where anyone can grow up to be president!

What could be more American than a lottery!

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If you haven't seen Hacking Democracy yet... Here it is...

video.google.com...

I'm writing in and VOTING FOR RON PAUL and DENNIS KUCHINICH

[edit on 28-7-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm gonna vote for McCain. I also hope we bomb Iran real soon cause they are playing games and trying to get nukes to bomb folks they don't like. Its really simple.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
If you haven't seen Hacking Democracy yet... Here it is...

video.google.com...

I'm writing in and VOTING FOR RON PAUL and DENNIS KUCHINICH

In most states the "Write In Candidate" must have registered to have his votes counted, or they are thrown out uncounted.

If Ron Paul registered in every state I would be behind you, assuming he got a sufficient general population backing to make it feasable that he win.
The "send a message" vote send just one message, "We are to weak and pathetic for you to need to worry about what we think."

It is the wimpering of a beaten dog.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Abstaining from voting IMO will not work, and here's why:

You can't get everyone to do it, and those that do vote will have more power than those that don't. Even if 1 person decides to vote for one of the lesser evil's, we get a new leader.

So why support those who are too apathetic to do anything, by not doing anything yourself? Regardless of reason. Your defiance to exercise your right to vote will help nothing. If anything, write-in whichever candidate you see as being competent enough to handle the responsibilities of president. If enough people do this, at least TPB will get some kind of message.

A lot of Americans are too apathetic or otherwise to cast their vote every 4 years, and encouraging others to not participate this year will only continue the trend.

But good luck!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
why not vote?
did you know congress approval rating in polls right now is 8%
george bushes is 12%
if this election turnout was only 25% instead of the usual 45% that would be a huge victory. it would become quite apperant that the american people no longer support their own government. then that begets the question...why do we have the government we have if no one likes it.

it opens the feild for true revolution. true change. the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem!

and to those saying not voting is unpatriotic...get your head out of your butt. our founding fathers created this country so we would have a voice, our voice has been stolen so it is time to speak out. if you want to be slaves and vote in sham elections get the hell out and go to zimbabwe. I hear they have really good rigged elections.
leave america to us people actually trying to fix the system not tolerate it...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wouldn't it make a whole lot more sense to vote for a third party candidate?

Too many people abstaining is what causes leaders who don't care about the people to get elected. Abstaining is the WORST thing you can do to bring about a political revolution!!

Listen very carefully:

If you do not vote, then you become one less person that the Republicans and the Democrats have to try and win over. They only need the support of the people who actually go to the ballot box on election day. Nobody else's support matters one little bit. Your voice says one thing when you don't vote: "I'm a non-voter. Cater to someone else."

BUT!!

If you vote for a third party candidate, then suddenly you become another voice. It doesn't matter which one you vote for, none of them have a cold chance in hell of winning.

What you do by voting third party is tell the Dems and Reps, "Hey, I'm a voter, and neither of you represent my views!"

If that doesn't say anything to you, let me put it this way. Let's say a candidate wins, and he captures 55% of the vote. That's pretty good in this day and age, it would mean a victory by *least* 10% and in actuality, more than that once you factor in third parties.

Now let's say that in this same example, 66% of the population ABSTAINS IN 2008. That 66% sends a clear message to the election's winner: He only needs to hold the support of that 36.6% of the population that elected him to get re-elected, because most of the people who don't like him aren't going to give their votes to anyone else either.

Alternatively, let's say 66% of the population actually DOES vote, but the winner of the election only walks away with a third of those votes. The second place candidate gets slightly less than that, and the "third party" candidates take the rest of the votes.

Now THAT would be a statement, effectively telling the new President that he's starting out right off with only a 33% approval rating, and that he needs to ditch his corporate pimps immediately and start doing what the people of his country tell him to do.

Abstain in '08 to fix the political system... wow. Might as well advocate stuff like "Prevent crime by doing nothing about it!" or "Help those in need by ignoring them!"

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I've said it before I'll say it again...

Being patriotic in America means being devoted to the Constitution, if not the natural rights philosophy that motivated much of it. Since neither of the major political parties has any interest whatsoever in enforcing the constitutional limitations on the state, they are all traitors to the Constitution (with one lone exception, Congressman Ron Paul).

Anyone who supports them is also behaving in a traitorous manner. That is, anyone who votes for any of them. Voting only allows these traitors to the Constitution to proclaim that "the people have spoken" and "I am your president," or congressman, senator, governor, or whatever. Their legitimacy rests solely on their ability to make this claim.

Imagine what a patriotic thrill you would receive if, in the next presidential election, a mere 10 percent of the electorate, instead of the usual 50 percent or so, voted. The unconstitutional regime in Washington would be de-legitimized. The upside is that it might just be possible that some politicians in Washington would get the message and start behaving more like a George Washington or Thomas Jefferson than a Tony Soprano or Vito Corleone (with apologies to all the distinguished Italian-Americans out there). The downside is that they will keep on behaving as they do now – with complete contempt for the Constitution and the population it is supposed to benefit. So be patriotic: Don’t vote.

Source: www.lewrockwell.com...

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The republican and Democrat Parties are your enemies
Do not empower them ever again
they have raped ,looted and gutted America in the last 40 years
to vote for them again is to validate that you too are an enemy to the Constitution.

If you feel it is your duty to vote then vote for the constitution or green party

[edit on 29-7-2008 by solo1]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The Second American Revolution, seriously? Yet another sales pitch with no real substance. Congress does as it pleases, feel free to vote for whatever and whomever you want and expect no real change. There are a handful of exceptions but they are the minority of our elected Congress to say the least. That only reflects the majority of the number of dumbasses that populate not only this country but the entire world. When I say this country, I mean the U.S.A. The U.S. is the center of the universe as far as I can tell. This country has so much potential if we could only teach the dumbasses how to stop being such dumbasses. It all starts with not voting for and supporting dumbasses.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

On the contrary, this is the first step in a revolution, a show of no-confidence at the Media's and other shills of the state shunning of other candidates...

Just follow the yellow brick road:

1) Lack of voter turnout.
2) Continue failed policies by a government will continue to see a deterioration of the populace to further participate in the "sham" 2 party system. (Can you say, Taxation without representation)
3) Further lack of voting.
4) Frustration of the electorate.
5) If the federal general election shows minimal voter turnout then, it automatically is an illegitimate government since it no longer is representative of the electorate.
6) Well, you know what comes next...

You see; the more you "vote", even if you are duped to vote "for the lesser of two evils" the more you fall into the fallacy that you have been actually given a voice.

By not voting you are sending a message that you no longer want to participate in the system that doesn't represent your Constitution and your beliefs.

SPREAD THE WORD:

Be an American Patriot and DON'T VOTE!!!

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
participation in a corrupt system only prolongs the system.

i'm down with the abstain-nation.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by noone81
this is like all other media, trying to get people to get angry and do something "physical" to one another, thing is, we are all born on this planet, and we "all" are one, the same.!?
Personally i will never phisically harm another human, unless my children were harmed, and at that thats revenge, a very old, feeling that even i dont know if i culd control,
i just want to say be aware! of any type of protesting, involding physical harm to one another, me being white, my fellow china man, or iran man, is no differnt, my earth human brother, and i would help with my life.

Good on you!

Unfortunately, Mr Adkisson didn't feel the same way.

I'm very suspect of anyone who demonizes either side of the political spectrum. Especially since more and more political vigilantes are among us now.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

oh yeah! I feel you have detailingly detailed our outline...our destruction? The dream is dead, the idea that was a good one, died on the vine....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join