It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Headed for 'Heightened Alert' Stage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

U.S. Headed for 'Heightened Alert' Stage

abcnews.go.com

Government officials have been quietly stepping up counterterror efforts out of a growing concern that al Qaeda or similar organizations might try to capitalize on the spate of extremely high-profile events in the coming months, sources tell ABC News.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Could this be the start of the "something big" which Ron Paul spoke about? I like the fact that the story discusses the terrorists capitalizing on these high-profile events, but talks nothing about governments around the world capitalizing on them as well.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

How soon will we read "See the Liar Bush is gonna trick us into Marshall Law" "He's not leaving the office, He wants to be the King!"

Hopefully throwing that out there might detract the moon-bats from derailing the thread.

I think the heightened alert is necessary. This is an oportune time for something big to happen. Heck, a major event or strike could and most probably will determine the outcome of the presidential race.

I'm not a fan of the article stating Homeland Security will now be doubling their efforts related to terrorism.

I want them doing that everyday!

Becker

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

How soon will we read "See the Liar Bush is gonna trick us into Marshall Law" "He's not leaving the office, He wants to be the King!"

Hopefully throwing that out there might detract the moon-bats from derailing the thread.

I think the heightened alert is necessary. This is an oportune time for something big to happen. Heck, a major event or strike could and most probably will determine the outcome of the presidential race.

I'm not a fan of the article stating Homeland Security will now be doubling their efforts related to terrorism.

I want them doing that everyday!

Becker

Thanks Becker you saved me the time, wing energy and a trip from the moon!

Better hope this event does not effect the presidential elections or you will soon be tasked shooting tons of blood raged moonbats!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't see what the point of "heightened alert" is. Its like saying hey lets tell the terriorsts that we will be looking extra hard for them in the next few months. If they have been planning a high profile attack and put a bunch of time and money into it, they will carry it out anyway.

The heightened alert status" is enacted strictly to invoke FEAR in the public. If the CIA or NSA knew there were attacks likley, they would keep the knowledge quiet and step up security covertly and deal with the problem quietly. The only reason they would announce something like this to the public, is to keep us fearful of another terrorist attack so that we will then happily give up our hard earned dollars for protection.

Nothing has happened since 9/11, why are we still living in fear?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Could this be the start of the "something big" which Ron Paul spoke about?

Ron Paul will be on Glenn Becks radio program Tuesday am @ 0900 to discuss this.......

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I don't disagree with you, actually. However, if something doesn't happen in Beijing, I'll be very surprised. There's also a little twinge in the back of my head that worries something will happen here, in the US, during the Beijing Olympics. I don't buy into premonitions, but logically speaking, what better way to derail an entire Olympics than by creating a tragic news story so huge that the Olympics suddenly become completely insignificant?

reply to post by Pinktip

Thanks for the heads up. I need to see which station on XM carries Beck's show.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well surprise, surprise the cause of the heightened state of awareness:

The reasons: There are no specifics indicating an attack on the U.S. is imminent,

NOTHING. Not a damn thing. Not one specific threat or cause, instead another "general reminder" to the sheeple out there: "Hey don't forget! Them terrorists are still around, somewhere, out there... now surrender your rights to Herr Bush immediately and report to FOX News week nights at 6 for mind reconditioning!"

Security experts point to next month's Olympics as evidence that high-profile events attract threats of terrorism,

And sh*t attracts flies, so what's your point?

We need to go into panic mode every time we take a dump or host a big event?

As I recall there was supposed to be a major terrorist attack "equal to or greater than 9/11" a few years ago and a few before that and nothing happened, so has it occurred to you folks your blowing this crap out of proportion and using it to your advantage?

This is what the Department of Homeland Security is quietly declaring a Period of Heightened Alert, or POHA, a time frame when terrorists may have more incentive to attack.

Do you know why exactly? No you don't do you. Your spreading some propaganda out into the atmosphere just to keep the fear levels at a healthy high.

More incentive? When wouldn't they have incentive to attack.

As long as America is giving Israel $3 billion dollars in "aid" a year, occupying Saudi soil with a huge military presence and killing innocent civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan...

Then Muslim Fundamentalist have plenty of incentive to jump down America's throat as far as I'm concerned....

Sheesh.

The reasons: There are no specifics indicating an attack on the U.S. is imminent, and U.S. officials do not want to be accused of trying to inject themselves into the presidential campaign.

Of course not. Why would we assume that?
4 months away from election day and the war drums and propaganda outlets are banging away louder than ever.

Coincidence?

They say history suggests a need to take potential threats seriously -- especially in the very near future.

Yeah don't forget Saddam then.

What a grave potential threat that guy was. Boy that guy could have had America by the balls with his weapons of mass destruction couldn't he?
Look how dangerous he was, it's a good thing we took care of him while we had the chance....

IF only these idiots would actually take their own medicine sometimes.

[edit on 28/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

[edit on 28/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

And flies attract sh*t so what's your point?

I believe you have that backwards. Also I completely disagree with your assessment here. Them saying an attack is not imminent does not mean there are no credible threats. It simply means they haven't pegged any specific dates or uncovered any laid out plans. There's always a sword of Damocles hanging over this country's head, however.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Come on people... really. IF the government gave a rat's derriere about security do you think the Mexican and Candian borders would still be wide open? Let's face it, since 9/11 nothing but some token window dressing has been done to address the insecure northern and southern borders. Tens of thousands of people cross those borders illegally every month. It's fear. It's been fear the whole time. It's the way they manage us.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

There's always a sword of Damocles hanging over this country's head, however.

Exactly my point. There's always some danger to a nation's national security.

Russia could Nuke the US at a whim. A meteor shower could pummel North America. Locusts may swarm you...

So what?
Why the need to keep announcing this whole danger level like a broken record?
The possibility of terrorist attacks on US soil by Islamic Fundamentalists has existed well before 9/11.

I don't recall anyone announcing this to the public EVER before Bush came to power.

It's to keep the gullible folks who get all their perceptions from Faux and CONN very paranoid and afraid so they won't mind or notice when Bush just tramples on another one of their rights.

Keep everyone afraid and they'll consume anything you shove down their throats.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinktip
Could this be the start of the "something big" which Ron Paul spoke about?

Ron Paul will be on Glenn Becks radio program Tuesday am @ 0900 to discuss this.......

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If something happens which is planned by someone other than a hate monger like that conservative nutjob who shot up the liberal church the other day, then look for it to result in a politcal wedge.

AQ isn't going to do anything simply for the effect of pulling off a mass event. They want the result to be a wedge between the PTB today.

For example, if something happens in beijing, make it look like it was the Americans fault for some reason... a breach in security, etc.

Regardless, it will be designed to make us fight eachother.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

I don't recall anyone announcing this to the public EVER before Bush came to power.

As you're from Australia, I suppose you didn't have much experience with our previous threat here in America. Before the collapse of the USSR, we went through the Cold War during which I believe there was even more fear mongering and threatening of the American people than there is today. To my knowledge, schools don't have frequent terrorist drills here (at least I haven't heard of them if they do.) I remember being in the first and second grade and having "duck and cover" drills a couple times a year... this was in the early to mid 80's! I also remember hearing in social studies about how the communists despised America's freedom and democracy and still have this mental image of a dude wearing a heavy coat and fur hat standing in front of a giant red flag with a hammer and sickle on it, with his finger over a big red button waiting to launch nukes across the entire United States.

This isn't something new to today's politics in this country. It's actually something that is status quo. The 15 or so "fearless" years of Reagan's second term, Bush Sr, and Bill Clinton were by far the exception to the rule as far as international fear mongering and ingraining American children to live in fear of attacks to America goes.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

Bush will Become Dictator, 2008 Elections Canceled

Words from a Congressman:

au.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Run sheeple Run and hide. Bahhhh Bahhhhh. Pfft Its ironic but the alerts get raised at around the same time every election year like clockwork. I dont know why the republicans do it the democrats are standing right beside them on every endeavor like the true 2 party dictatorship they really are. Elections are coming near so youll see the fear mongering I mean terror warnings at heightened levels. So continue to buy into the 2 party crime family and run sheeple run or the big bad terrorists are gonna getcha.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
im watching France..the president is getting a little to big for his boots lately by looking to start is own European union or his own NATO force. even telling other country's how to vote..im thinking a large terrorist attack on the French government should pull them back into line...the channel tunnel is also wide open to anyone with a car bomb.....

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

They are simple waking up to the unintelligent design of society.

Throughout history, France has had a strong willed people that have overthrown governance that didnt' "fall into line" with what was best for the people. Once again, they are realizing the lack of power to the people and are merely trying something different than the current establishment, which we all realize does not work, and is on the brink of major collapse or major change.

Viva la revolucion.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This alert is to cover their own asses, because they are manufacturing the next "terrorist attack" as we speak.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well what do you know, the propaganda machine has begun rolling its gears once again. Not suprisingly though, the masses will the follow its message with blind eyes, numbed minds and fear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join