It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously injured in fall, cops taser teen 19 times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Seriously injured in fall, cops taser teen 19 times

rawstory.com

Ozark Police Capt. Thomas Rousset attempted to explain why the taser was used:

"He refused to comply with the officers and so the officers had to deploy their Tasers in order to subdue him. He is making incoherent statements; he's also making statements such as, 'Shoot cops, kill cops,' things like that. So there was cause for concern to the officers."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The kid was fubared, and the cops still tased him.

A guy I know fell off a 3 story balcony drunk, and the nieghbors called the cops on him for being too loud at night, and broke both his legs. The cops tried to force him to walk, and beat him with thier night stick until he did, all he could do was cry and collapse.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
All i can say is that is totally perverted. Cops today are just frat boys who did the juice too much, now they are sent out in so called "goodwill" to stop crime, which is code for, be a jerkwad to the public in general, excersize their urge to surge the power trip alread psychoactively lying to them daily. Theyre no different than the criminals they ruin and harrass, sadly they ignore that fact and trade it for selfish apathy with reinforced nonsense.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

He is making incoherent statements

Probable head injury from the fall,
Cops still fried him oh that's rich thanks for the laugh I mean I feel for the kid but I think the cops just showed their IQ level on this one it makes me laugh even though it's a sad example of what our world has become.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
These effin' Taser tag-team patrols and their abuses of power these days...

What is about them? Is the thrill of electrocuting someone that great? Do you guys get off on the "buzzing" noise?

I swear these tasers should be banned, they're doing more harm than good. Stick to nightsticks and good old fashioned elbow grease.

"He refused to comply with the officers and so the officers had to deploy their Tasers in order to subdue him. He is making incoherent statements; he's also making statements such as, 'Shoot cops, kill cops,' things like that. So there was cause for concern to the officers."

Yeah right, the lone testimony of officers on accidental homicides in the line of duty has a very reputable history to it:

Officers Durden and Pérez entered 19-year old Ovando's apartment on 12 October 1996, and shot him, leaving him paralyzed.[2][3] According to their testimony later, they planted a gun on him and reported that the unarmed teenager had fired on them first.

en.wikipedia.org...

CRASH officers fired 10 rounds at Carlos Vertiz, a 44-year-old man with no criminal record, when they mistook him for a drug dealer. To justify the shooting, the officers planted a shotgun on the dying Vertiz and claimed he had pointed it at them.

en.wikipedia.org...

William J. Bergin, a Sandy, Oregon police officer and David. E. Willard, a Clackamas County deputy, arrived at the scene and attempted to subdue Kaady, who was naked and had severe burns all over his body. He was ordered to lie down on the ground, despite his injuries and the fact that he was barely aware of his surroundings. When Kaady resisted, the officers next attempted to handcuff him, then used a taser.

www.sandypost.com...

Police officers have the credibility of crocodile piss as far as I'm concerned, I'll wait for the eye-witness reports.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

A.) How do they know it was 19 times.

B.) I never heard of a taser that could hold 19 rounds

Sounds like over zealous cops to me, for sure, but 19 times sounds like over zealous exaggeration too.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Remember that video of the person in the wheelchair that was at the station and the video feed catches this female cop dumping him out of his wheelchair.

Here, some cop was playing with his FM radio (he admitted it) and hit a guy in a wheelchair in a crosswalk. Eager to cover it up, instead of using his capabilities to get an ambulance there quickly, he grabbed him and dragged him back into his wheelchair as though he'd be able to mitigate or cover up. Unfortunately (duh!) he injured the guy further.

Then they sent a cop to the hospital and wrote the guy a ticket!

Some of these cops act like teenage bullies (no diss on teenagers who frequently act more compassionately than most).

Now that we're getting more videos and more of them posted it's starting to skew many people's belief that most cops are 'good'. I wonder if the majority of the blame lies with management, hiring 'cheap' labor with lowered educational reqs and thinking they're saving money or something. It's only partly the fault of the cops, imo. We need serious, compassionate people. When employees start acting like this, like thugs, we need to start looking at their supervisors and the department's mission statement.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Badge01]

top topics

join