It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent 2 Hour interview with Jacques Vallee on-line.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I haven't seen any reference to this on ATS yet so I thought I'd just give you a heads up.
Binnall of America has just posted a complete two hour interview with Jacques Vallee.

...and if you don't know who he is, you really, really need to do some more homework :p

Topics covered include just about everything Vallee has worked on including the ETH, UFO contacts and cults, Investigations and social consequences of ufology etc.

In other words this one is a must listen and includes things that never even cross most peoples mind.

The full interview is available here: BoA: Audio Season 3 Finale

Have fun and let me know what you think.

Absence.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Absence of Self]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Vallee is my favorite Ufologist. I have read all of his stuff and he has an interesting take on the subject. Thanks for the interview!
TRB

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thank you. This is a must listen. Jacques Vallee is the reason I first started any UFO research. I was in a book store, and "Confrontations" was there and I went "impulse", and bought this expensive hardcover. This was the best UFO "thing" that ever happened to me, because that book was a look at all of his casework and the hard research...with the point made to don't just be a storyteller... do your own research and stay away from sending it in for approval of any UFO organization.
Take your own risks and stay independent. I followed that advice, developed my area, did all original work and presented Ufology with "The Secret NASA Transmissions", all thanks to the best J.Vallee book, "Confrontations"...So the interview is so very interesting as he doesn't do to many talks any more..., until this, so pass it on...(from Martyn secretnasaman Stubbs)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. Will check it out.
Oh BTW, I consider myself pretty fammiliar with ufology and this is the first time I hear about this guy.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Kenan]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I thought Jacques Vallee did a great job in the "UFOs It Had Begun" documentary from 1979.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I thought they did a great interview of him on the Paracast, one that actually asked him real questions too. Worth a listen.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It is a very long interview, that sums up, pretty much all his work in his own current "head space" in this 21st century! Some highlights for the non-patient,
Mr Vallee does not see disclosure coming because it would have no purpose. For him, if he believed the government could actually answer the UFO "question", then he would not have bothered to investigate it himself, due to the massive resources a government has at it's disposal! And as a scientist, he knows that others who check UFOs out, know nothing more than he does...so it's still fun, without the distraction of "UFO "no nothing" Disclosure! He is interested in remote viewing and has worked with "the", Mr. Bigalow at the psychic "ranch", and Vallee worries about UFO leaning "cults" and the consequences associated with them. He thinks people want Disclosure, out of genuine passion or fear. The motives of the Disclosure "movement" need to be looked into (is this a Steven Greer caution?),and..please note that Steven Greer is, from my own social meetings with him at a conference, a genuine "toppermost" researcher and sincere man, who is a heck of a speaker, to boot!) Vallee also says the FYI route is OK as far as it goes but one lone person could push a button and generate teletype in the old days, and FYI could retrieve one of the copies that nobody read! (is this a word on the Woods? (also I qualify that the father and son FYI "team" I had the pleasure to meet are superb & sincere) and Mr. Vallee cautions against using Infrared film to photograph UFOs, as a "hot" desert played tricks on his film when he tried it! Again...is this a caution about my very dear friend, author or the Cosmic Pulse of Life...Trevor James Constable!).. No problem as Vallee never pulls his punches, which is good, in this UFO noisy community!..there is his non ET thoughts (he's a dimension man, like me, as a possibility .etc...I hope I got this right from my listen! 'nuff said..Martyn secretnasaman Stubbs

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

An excellent interview overall and I will freely admit something I was worried that I would never hear.

I was beginning to fear that Jacques had disappeared from the field and would go the way of J. Allen. before deciding to drop into the public forum again.

His interview is for want of a better term typical 'Gallic French' but it's hard to imagine a more pragmatic man.

I have always admired his honesty in what he knows and what he doesn't, something disproportionately absent in a very large segment of the UFO field.

Vallee is one of the very few old schoolers left to the field of Ufology and immensely important in how the problem should be approached and ironically, the consequences of the approach taken.
Those consequences 'possibly' being to humanity the most important as it stands now (and amusingly human science as it stands now) whilst simultaneously being the most ignored.
Something that a huge proportion are seemingly unwilling to look at or even think about, and, as he says himself, Ufology's greatest shame.

Personally I think it's crazy that some don't seem to be able to see what's there that can be watched and measured. The study of UFO's is not just the study of unidentified flying objects, but is also the study of peoples reports of flying objects and the study of how those objects influence the behaviour and beliefs of the people involved.

It's not UFOs' that mould and shape our society, its' the people.

When people change and alter their beliefs and behaviour so radically we need to watch carefully and attempt to understand why.

If we do not pay attention then we may never be in a position to understand something so simple as even our own recent history.

It is not hard to understand why some of Vallee's work has generated controversy since being wrong in a world view is an impossible pill for a great majority to swallow.

To be honest with ourselves, we need to admit that a hypothesis or explanation of a phenomena is not complete unless it can describe the whole of the phenomena and must include all of the evidence, not simply the evidence we prefer. (something 'science' as a whole is horrendously guilty of)

For someone to discount an honest shrug when, in truth, an honest shrug is all that can be provided to a question smacks of at best self deception and at worst ignorant arrogance.

To me there is something fantastic about the ability to look hard at an occurrence no matter how strange and effectively throw your hands in the air and admit that 'I have no idea, but it will be brilliant to find out'.

After all, if you cannot look and laugh at your own ignorance how can you possibly enjoy learning something new?

A bit tangential, but there you go.
Listen and don't just learn... think!

Absence.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just started listening, Picked up all 4 books for a dollar at the second hand store last week.

He says it's very unlikely life would develop like ours has. So humanoid ET's are extremely unlikely.

Yet the make up of galaxy's remain consistent. Is it not possible to have humanoids appearing consistently within these galaxy's? I'm listening while I type , just a question that occurred while listening.

new topics

top topics

join