It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you see relevance between current events and your favorite sci fi movie or T.V. series?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
are the producers of T.V., film or the authors there influenced by making predictions for current events or future events and how do you think it is relevant to what is happening in the world.

i personally like the x-files and can see that the producers were drawing many things from what is going on in the world of the paranormal

Do you think it serves a larger purpose in general?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Good point.

Look at literature and thinking before you look at Hollywood, especially futures like 1984 which have come to pass.

I liked Soylent Green, but I haven't eaten anyone yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Anyone watch Stargate? This seasons shows have been quite interesting.
The theme is the revelation to Earth that there are alien forces ready to enslave us.
Who knows, maybe Peter DeLuise (the writer) is big on goverenment conspiracies.........

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Good one net storm
i dont watch it but you maybe right

As stupid as it might sound i think the movie They live with Roddy piper might have some signifcance...ive read that there are glasses that are very expensive that can see the aura and other features of those who are alien among us

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
More on the X-Files. Now that I have become more aware, the reruns ofn the X-Files make so much more sense. You can really tell that Chris Carter & Co are conspiracy buffs, and the UFO thing is only part of it.

The series was good when I was in the dark, so to speak. But, now I find myself agreeing with just about everything.

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i agree with you dont tread on me
i personally think the files is the greatest t.v series of all time
i just wish they would come back with it ...of course mulder and scully have got to be in it
i just cant get enough of it
there is so much they could still do
David Duchovny will never find the popularity he had with the files any where else
i know other x files fans are just dying for more of the files also

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
are the producers of T.V., film or the authors there influenced by making predictions for current events or future events and how do you think it is relevant to what is happening in the world.

Do we have to limit this sidcussion to tv and movies???
Thaere are LOTS of books that qualify

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i mentioned authors also that influence them ....
so if you like fire away i think that helps out alot!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Okay, Brave New World is a given. Even the title is chilling. I really should re-read that one, to see if it reads difeerently with what I now know.

1984, allegedly written for the children of Those Who Rule.

All of the Jules Verne books, dealing with things we thought may have been fiction.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
time and dimension travel...or travelling beneath the earth.

The Hobbit and The lord of the rings Tolkein just had to be an enlightened person to write this stuff!!!!

Time Machine by H G Wells. I neve read this one, but I think Wells knew a lot more than we did about inter-dimensional travel.

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
aldous huxley ....good one...read the doors of perception while your at it

lord of the rings my favorite...read it 5 times....The carrying of a burden in the battle against evil is very relevant my dear...
you just go ahead and u2u me any time you want i think your sweet

top topics

join