It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word to the Third Party and Non Voters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What I really think…

What I really think about this election is that it DOES NOT matter who our next president is. It doesn’t matter if it’s Obama or McCain, because the powers that be have this all wrapped up and they are going to have their way regardless which person sits in the seat. It’s all a game, It’s all for show. It’s all to keep us busy, keep us distracted, keep us amused, occupied, while they do their thing.

So, you say, “Vote third party! Be smart like me and vote for Ron Paul or Bob Barr.”

And my question is… What the hell makes you think Ron Paul would be allowed to become the president??? What makes you think that voting 3rd party is going to make ANY difference whatsoever? If there is no difference between Obama and McCain, why would anyone else, who this government permitted to sit in the seat, be any different?

And you say that at least a vote for 3rd party will “show them” that we’re not going to do the 2-party system anymore! We’ll make a statement! We’ll “show them”!

Again, I’ve got to ask… What the hell makes you think they care whether we vote for Obama, McCain, Ron Paul or Mickey Mouse??? So we “show them”. Why? So they can laugh? Then what? Is there some illusion that if a lot of people vote 3rd party, in 2012 things will magically be different?

You stand up and puff your chest out and say, “Wake up, America! Vote third party”! Like you have some sort of answer and you’re smarter than the rest. And as far as I can see, you’re living under the same illusion that all the Obama or McCain voters are living under - That you will somehow make a difference with your vote. That you still have some power. Some control.

But you’re wrong! It doesn’t matter if you vote for a Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian or Disney Character… They have the future planned. So, for all your holier-than-thou preaching about how smart you are, I gotta say, you’re no smarter than those who are voting for Obama or McCain. You’re just living under a slightly different illusion. You’re as delusional as the rest.

If you disagree, I’d LOVE to hear why. I’d LOVE to hear how you think voting for someone else is going to make a difference. And if you think it’s not going to make a difference, I’d love to hear that, too. And if that’s the case, then why are you talking down to those who are choosing a different illusion? So you’ll feel better about being screwed when the time comes?

Let’s say my doctor told me that I was going to die within a month, and I got a second opinion and a third and fourth and they all agreed that I was on my way out… The fifth doctor I see tells me that if I take this one pill, that has NO side effects, I’d have a 5% chance of beating this thing and living a healthy life. Would I take the pill? You bet I would.

That’s how I see this election. We’re “on our way out.” The people no longer have any power. The government has us by the short and curlies, they have it all planned out and regardless who wins this election, the plan isn’t going to change.

Massive revolt is the only way out - and they’ve even prepared for that (prison camps). And besides, people are too comfy watching their big screen TVs to step outside and think about a real revolution.

So, here we are, coming up on this “election” (for your entertainment and amusement, folks).

Now, if I’m correct, it doesn’t matter who I vote for. IT DOESN’T MATTER. It doesn’t make a difference. Nothing will change. If I vote or don’t vote. If I vote for Obama or McCain, or write in Ron Paul or Bugs Bunny. NOTHING will make a difference in the outcome of this master plan.

If I’m correct, that’s reality. But I could be wrong. Maybe they haven’t covered all the bases. Maybe I’m just a bit paranoid. Maybe there’s a slight chance (5%?) that Obama is what he seems to be. Maybe, if I vote for him and he wins, he will make a difference in the crash course of this country.

I know… it sounds naïve. I know it could be false hope. But if the 5th doctor gave me a pill and said there’s a 5% chance it would cure the ill, I would take it. That’s why I’m voting for Obama. Because even though I KNOW it doesn’t make a difference, there’s a chance, a slight chance that I’m wrong.

And if I’m right, and the country is on its way to hell in a hand basket, then those who don’t vote or vote 3rd party, thinking they’re all that for “being awake”; somehow wiser and more intellectual than the rest… well, they’re just as delusional as everyone else.

That’s what I really think.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
well im glad you realize it dosnt matter. im glad you seem more open minded then some on here.
voting for ron paul dosnt matter anymore either.

i for one refuse the choice of which of two turds on a plate i would like to have for supper.

how about neither?

everytime people vote between two crappy gloabalists they endorse the system. they say "i believe this system works and is fair even though i dont like my choice."

what is the alternative?
DONT VOTE!!!
dont vote, until the media and globalists hear our displeasure with their prepackaged toolbags. if the turnout on election day was 1 million people or something ridiculously low, it sends a message that will go straight to the top of the ladder.

we are saying "we know we dont have a choice and we are not living in your false system...F--- OFF!" Now thats a message I can get behind!

then maybe you will get that "Change" and "Hope" you are really looking for...

[edit on 28-7-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Rather pessimistic this morning, aren't you?

Voting is only part of it, perhaps in certain circumstances, not even the most important...

Freedom, whatever version you prefer, ain't free; it requires lots of work by all of us...you, me, George down the street, etc...etc...

If it's preselected choices by the powers that be, it's only because we, again; you, me, George, etc...etc... allowed it to happen, it wasn't stolen, it was given away. We can take it back.

It's gonna take work, if we aren't willing to do it, we deserve precisely what we'll get...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

it wasnt stolen?
ummm diebold machines anyone? media manipulation? recordless voting? smells stolen to me. especially when finding a conservative that actually likes mccain is like finding hens teeth. we didnt choose him. he was chosen for us. this is not a democracy. it is a globalist corptocracy.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What I really think…

What I really think about this election is that it DOES NOT matter who our next president is. It doesn’t matter if it’s Obama or McCain, because the powers that be have this all wrapped up and they are going to have their way regardless which person sits in the seat. It’s all a game, It’s all for show. It’s all to keep us busy, keep us distracted, keep us amused, occupied, while they do their thing.

If you truly believed this, you wouldn't push so hard for Barack Obama; and telling other people that to vote third party is a waste of time is rather hypocritical. By your own logic, why would they permit Obama to become the President unless he was also in on this alleged conspiracy?

Saying that there's an off chance they've failed to cover all their bases, so that's why your voting for Obama is disingenuous. You're a hardcore Obama supporter BH, and we all know that despite what you may say to the contrary.

People should vote their conscience whatever that might be.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
No it wasn't stolen...

If there are problems, and you'll notice that I'm not saying there aren't...it's because foolish people like us allowed it to happen by our boundless apathy.

Get it straight people, we're the cause, not some nebulous "other" that's so convenient to blame. Sorry, no scapegoats allowed...let's all look in the mirror people, there's the enemy...but most of us are going to be too apathetic to be bothered.

It's easier to blame "others"...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
we are saying "we know we dont have a choice and we are not living in your false system...F--- OFF"

And then what good does that do? They laugh. The plan goes on. Is this action in hopes of making something change? What could possibly change if our vote no longer matters?

Originally posted by seagull
Rather pessimistic this morning, aren't you?

This morning, I'm feeling real. Normally, I'm a bit manic.

Actually, It's not as "gloom and doom" as it might appear. It's just reality. I've known this for some time. It's just that I can't give up hope. I won't. Not until it's over. And then I'll shut up.
I may look like a fool being all gung-ho for Obama, but I don't care. I'm used to looking like a fool.

And I admit when I'm wrong. But until he proves to be as evil and corrupt as the rest (which I FULLY admit is highly likely) I won't give up. I have the tenacity of a pit bull.

We can take it back.

There's one way I know of to make that happen. And I don't think people are willing to go there. Ron Paul's got the right idea, but he's going about it in an ineffective way (I believe).

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I will not vote for either Obama or McCain. I probably will not vote, as I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils and getting exactly that.

I saw an Obama ad and it could've been a McCain ad-- talking about nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists, exploiting the fear already instilled in the American consciousness. Any good dictator knows, to control the population, you keep them fed on a steady diet of bread and fear. Same old thing and more of the same.

I agree with you, Benevolent Heretic. But a lot of people have to place their faith in a politician, then be betrayed before they wake up.

No war, but a class war. Always has been.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

what is the alternative?
dont vote, until the media and globalists hear our displeasure with their prepackaged toolbags. if the turnout on election day was 1 million people or something ridiculously low, it sends a message that will go straight to the top of the ladder.

we are saying "we know we dont have a choice and we are not living in your false system...F--- OFF"

That's not the right answer IMO, the majority of eligible voters, do not vote.
That leaves the playing field open to those who want the status quo in Washington.

I thought of no vote as a protest but in the end that only helps to keep their machine rolling.

I plan to vote, I plan to vote for the candidates who are not incumbents, and those who are not in the 2 major political parties.

Mind you I won't just vote for any third party candidate, some of those are extremely slanted as well, and in the cases where there is not an option, I can always write in or choose none of the above.

This way I have exercised my right to vote and have it on the record, it would take some time, if we could only energize the rest of the MAJORITY who stay home election day to do the same, then you might see a change.

There is no way am I going to give up my right to vote because others think it is a done deal.

Think about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
if the last 2 "elections" hasn't shed light on how corrupt and broken the current system is, I doubt there is much more that could be offered in terms of proof.

Those that still have faith in our election process are certainly more patient and open-minded than I am.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

with all due respect i refuse this. look im younger so i didnt build this corrupt system. I didnt change the laws so non americans like Rupert Murdoch can buy up all our media and only give air time to pre approved corporate globalist canidates. i didnt create this system, but I will yell and scream against it till everyone looks at it for what it is.

your right in a way. We are responsible for doing nothing... but that ends today. If you start protesting against it now you are no longer the problem. you are the solution.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
If you truly believed this, you wouldn't push so hard for Barack Obama;

You don't know me. You CANNOT, by definition, tell me what I would or wouldn't do. Because you are NOT me and you don't know me. You're, not surprisingly, wrong.

You're a hardcore Obama supporter BH, and we all know that despite what you may say to the contrary.

You don't know my truth. You don't know me. You're, again, wrong. I have said why I support Obama. If you don't believe it, that's your problem.

People should vote their conscience whatever that might be.

I agree. They should vote however they want for whatever reason. I have never said anything contrary to that.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

no i agree you should vote in smaller local elections that you still have a voice in and that arnt completely manipulated. there you CAN make a diffrence.

but anyone who thinks the globalists are not going to own every horse in the main presidential showdown is delusional.

how does not voting work?
its like playing a game with a spoiled brat who keeps cheating, you stop playing and he has to think of something. he has to change the rules to get you to come back. you are out of his control. thats how real change will come.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

how does not voting work?
its like playing a game with a spoiled brat who keeps cheating, you stop playing and he has to think of something. he has to change the rules to get you to come back. you are out of his control. thats how real change will come.

But when you play a game with a brat, they NEED you to play the game. The globalists don't NEED us to play their game. They'd just as soon have us out of the way so they can get on with it. Kindly stepping out of their way is doing them a favor.

JackatMtn if there were only a way to mobilize the apathetic non-voters.

I fear it's even too late for that.

link   

link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I agree that local elections are going to be easier to get a change going, but it has to be across the board, local, state, & federal elections.

Not voting at all has been the way of the national elections for a long time now.

Apathy probably is a portion of this, some people just don't care, but there is alot of people like yourself and others who are fed up with what is going on.

Left bashes right bashes left bashes right bashes........

turns alot of people away from the electoral process.

Don't you think this is done on purpose to keep control?

I hope you do vote, and vote your heart. You need to be heard, at the polls as well as talking to friends here on a forum.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Nope, you didn't create the system, corrupt or otherwise...nor did I. However, before we go tearing it up to build something better, we better damned well have something in mind that's better. Right off the top of my head I can't think of any. For a republican democracy to flourish takes the involvement of everyone, not just 50% or less... Status Quo is bad in politics, and when apathy keeps people away, that's what happens...status quo.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am going to vote my conscience, for who I believe would be best for the country. The best choices for the country in my opinion are one of the third party candidates , I am not going to say which one I am voting for :O).

To me Obama is the worst candidate available he is a big government type elitist who looks down his nose at those silly uneducated people who cling to thier bibles and guns and it is precisely this attitude that drives lower middle income whites and poor whites away from the democratic party.

I like my religious texts, I like my guns , I like my pickup truck and I just want to keep as much of my hard earned money as I can. I want smaller and more efficient government that keeps thier nose out of my bedroom and out of my pocket. To the Obama crowd I am just a stupid redneck hick from North Georgia. I have spent more time overseas than Obama has in politics I speak 2 languages fluently and 3 others enough to get by in foreign countries. I dont need to be lectured by some community organizer from Chicago.

That being said , Obama will most likely win this election thats the bad news, the good news is hopefully he will break the system so badly we will have a revolution. The other good news is that he will be a one termer, or maybe less if Hillary is his VP.

McCain while I honor his service to the country is yesterdays candidate, he is too old, to dated and has no new ideas for the country, his time is past. While he would be the safer choice and might actually keep the system breathing a bit longer than Obama, He is saddled with the Bush legacy for better or worse, at the present it is for worse, but in 20 years Bush might not seem so bad, for all the damage Bush has done he is a rank amateur in constitutional destruction when compared with the likes of Lincoln and FDR.

So for me it will be a 3rd party candidate at least that my I can say I tried to get a good man into the job and my conscience will at least be clear on that.

Thats my view from the nest :O)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
I am going to vote my conscience, for who I believe would be best for the country.

That when all's said and done, is all we can do...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

when people talk about voting the lesser of two evils, and then i hear mccain and obama both talking about acting against Iran it makes me want to puke.

ive met iraqis and lived in the middle east and ive seen the destruction my vote and tax dollars have brought. they are good people and i refuse to vote for either one of mccain or obama. for me thats what voting with my heart is. I voted for bush last time when i believed in the system thinking he was the lesser of two evils...BOY DID I LEARN MY LESSON.

never again hahah. i think not voting is voting my heart. ill vote when someone i like is given a chance, until then no thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join