It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Gloves? Reverse engineering from UFO's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Last night I was watching late night TV when this commercial came on about these gloves that can grab stuff from over 10 feet away by just shooting a laser at it then im guessing pressing a button and it flies right into your hand.. I'm trying to figurer out what they were called so I can show you a link to a youtube video to show you guys.
But as soon as I saw this was real, the first thought that came into my head was reverse engineering.. To me it seemed impossible for science to make a sudden leap to objects flying into your hand from a beam..

Give me your thoughts..

And sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's a spoof done by the sci fi channel to advertise their original series Eureka.

Here's the youtube video of it.

I'd certainly like to have such gloves, if only they were real.

[edit on 7/28/2008 by tebyen]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is disturbing. The recent discussion about MediaMayhem as the ATS advertising rep, and the 'sci-fi' demographic, has me wondering, briefly, whether this could be some kind of subtle advertising for 'Eureka', rather than an honest misinterpretation by the OP.

Am I being silly here? Can a mod please assuage me?

Edit to add: Mods, please disregard, if you want to. It's not the staff's job to hold the hands of overly-suspicious members.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I'm no mod but I think you hit it. ATS opened up a can of worms it looks like.

Did that assuage at all or at least take the pains away while waiting for a mod?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's just a commercial for Eureka. Listen to the way they talk in the "infomercial" they use a bit of sexual innuendo near the end of the commercial "Nice snatch Bobby!" I really don't know how this can be taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Haha.. I feel like a fool.. I should of known it was fake.. but then again I was really tired..

top topics

join