It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a scary thought....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The earth needs all the plants and animals to live, but it does not need us!!! We are expendable.

The human race is like a virus, we spread and consume the resources, leaving behind total devastation. It is no wonder there are earth changes, it's trying to get rid of us like a bad case of fleas.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well yeah, you should enjoy this movie then.

www.firstshowing.net...

This film has the same precept as you.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Nah, humans have a place on this earth, they just suck to much to be able to fulfill it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by baconvein

LOL!! Good point.
My belief is that we are here because God can only be realized in the human consciousness.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Reminds me of that scene from the Matrix where the Agent describes human kind as a virus.

I must say, it's a shame but in many cases true. The planet was fine before us and will be fine without us, but if the trees go it'd just turn into a wasteland.

Humbling stuff!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

There was a program on the History Channel at what would happen to the planet if everyone was gone.
Apparently it would do very well as the oceans would be teaming with fishes in just one year on the fact that we over fish the oceans.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
The human race is like a virus, we spread and consume the resources, leaving behind total devastation. It is no wonder there are earth changes, it's trying to get rid of us like a bad case of fleas.

i thought this idea sounded familiar...

I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

The Matrix - Wikiquote

the concept holds. i think it stems from the fact that we stepped up and out of the rhythmic nature of this world. intelligence drives now us...not just instincts or the need for survival anymore.

it's silly to even have to remind people that our intelligence brings us even more a responsibility to keep the rhythmic nature of the world intact. it's like we are forgetting where we came from, what we used to be. we do not give this world enough credit for our evolution...for our existence.

since we are now out of the world's rhythm, we feel isolated. we search for intelligent life like ourselves out in the cosmos...yearning not to be alone. i think we have to look to our roots and find peace and balance with the earth to really progress onward as the human race.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Also, many of our pets would die out including numerous dog breeds. Basset hounds, wiener dogs, and pug nosed breeds would die out quickly because they cannot survive in the wild. The roaches, seagulls, and rodents would have a huge die off because they live off us. The critters offspring will survive as they would have to go back to the wild ways of survival.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
after thinking about it some more, i think the scarier part of this is that WE still need the earth to survive, even if the earth does not need us. think about it. we need the food, water, and in turn, the land the world provides us to efficiently live. we are not yet self-sufficient, so we are still vulnerable.

we are still dependents and are only now thinking about the condition of the earth and the state we need it to be in to live.

we have been arrogantly superior only to find ourselves desperately grovelling after that which has it's own rhythm, the earth.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I love this topic.

The Earth will survive but will mankind. Nature finds a balance and mankind may not be a part of that plan. Nature may think that mankind is too much trouble, and we may go the way of the Dinos

IMHO

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Damn straight; good point.

My chihuahuas would be pretty darn helpless without me (I'll dare to assume). The cats would be okay, but the boys? Forget about it.

Aside from the weeny dogs of the world, though, I reckon the OP's got an unfortunate but valid point.

F

new topics

top topics

join