It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama looks to be nailed on...If you watch the BBC!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
if you watch the BBC coverage of his visit here you would swear blind thats hes simply president elect and a shoe in for the presidency. I would bet at least 75% of the people here couldnt even tell you who hes running against!

It has me seriously concerned that all this attention is focused on one candidate for what (whether we like it or not) is the biggest job on the planet. Do the BBC know something we dont or is just another example of piss poor reporting from used to be a reputable organization?

I even heard them yesterday comparing him to JFK
Now i know its big news that hes the first african american to be nominated, but that doesnt warrant the attention hes recieved to the exclusion of Mccain. Seriously America, if the BBC is anything to go by, this is a foregone conclusion already. Is he part of the "NWO" ?????

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
When I read "nailed on" I couldn't help but finish that up in my head with "the cross". /cynical

He could be the first prez of the North American Union anyway though we've speculated around here that Al Gore could be the appoined overlord. He's all "internationalee" too with the Nobel bling to back it up.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
they are definatly setting him up to be the american unions first president.
plus bush is allowing the IMF to audit americas federal reserve, but on the condition the results are not released till the day after he leaves office.

why is that important?

The IMF will probably declare the united states bankrupt, and then obama will tell us how we have to join canada and mexico to work together to pay off the debt.

disgustingly obvious playbook. and the media is making obama out to be the second coming of christ. he is a complete tool puppet leader. not that mccain is any better. i would tell the world to get ready because america is about to fall, and when america falls things are gonna get pretty crazy in the world!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think that what has happened during the Bush Administration has worn people down too thin, and im talking all over the world.

People are concerned about the future, warnings about WW3, innocent people dying while nobody seems to care, aren't you and I innocent people just like those already killed? are they going to care about us?

These are tough times, and you can directly link the mess we are in now to the Bush administration policies, even in Europe.

I see people all over the world esp over the past two weeks seeing Obama visiting different countries, and all of them are in the same mess we are in, people are seeing hope in Obama, maybe he is like Kennedy?

I do think its sad a lot of people cant get past the fact he is Black, that tells me they are more worried about his race than his ability to bring the world back to some kind of normality, IMO those people deserve everything they get, its called cutting your nose off to spite your face, serves no purpose than to convince the racists they are sticking to their racist guns, that achieves nothing for the rest of us does it?

Look around you, McCain or Obama, McCain is already proving he is more like Bush than Bush.

This is our last chance to save ourselves, no argument will convince me differently, if we dont take this chance then we are done for plain and simple.

Im British and can see the benefit Obama will be to America, if what he is preaching is right, it has nothing to do with his colour, those hanging on race dont have a clue IMHO.

We are Human beings, and so is Obama.

Have you ever noticed people screaming racist remarks, then running off to the tanning salon to get the darkest tan they can? isnt that hypocritical?

If i had my say and a chance to tell the world, id say grow up or die.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Personally I've given up on listening to anything they have to say or what they do. I'll just go with my gut instinct by who I have a sense is better as a person and it's Obama in my opinion my a small margin-- I just use my first impressions before anyone opened their mouth to the media. The ultimate goal is the same in any case really I think anyone that gets past the local and definitely state levels in politics is on the same team. That includes Ron Paul and all the rest of the little beasties in Washington. The only purpose of those people is to attract a constituency and funnel some of it over to one of the two parties.

As to why I think it may be a brilliant design plan in the system would be digressing off topic. It's not necessarily evil either.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i wondered about the colour issue myself, as to whether thats the reason hes getting so much attention. Its kind of worrying that i dont actually know any of his policies yet despite me living in the UK, they will still have an affect on me.

I dont care if a politician is black white or green, its what they believe and what they will deliver that should be reported. As long as theyre not red, i hate red
(football thing)

Obama being feted like a rock star without any mention of Mccain is just wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

You should try living here in the US. Its Obamamania, 24/7.

But as I've stated on the Decision 2008 board, I think its probably doing him a disservice. Its framing the debate around him, an inexperienced candidate with polarizing political views, instead of focusing the election upon Bush and the tarnished Republican brand. That's largely why McCain is hanging in this race, even though he should probably be down 20 points just due to the mood of the country. As a result, McCain is struggling to broadcast his message, but by the same token, it is insulating him from attack. Note that his 'favorability' ratings in the US are running even with Obama's, which is great news for the McCain campaign and decidedly less so for Obama.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by expatwhite

You should try living here in the US. Its Obamamania, 24/7.

But as I've stated on the Decision 2008 board, I think its probably doing him a disservice. Its framing the debate around him, an inexperienced candidate with polarizing political views, instead of focusing the election upon Bush and the tarnished Republican brand. That's largely why McCain is hanging in this race, even though he should probably be down 20 points just due to the mood of the country. As a result, McCain is struggling to broadcast his message, but by the same token, it is insulating him from attack. Note that his 'favorability' ratings in the US are running even with Obama's, which is great news for the McCain campaign and decidedly less so for Obama.

Hey Mr Leeds United,

He won't be odds on if this gets out!

link

Greetings.

Gazbom.

new topics

top topics

join