It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On nasatv coming monday....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
March, 15 Monday
3 p.m. - 7 p.m. ? Live Interviews "NASA Discovers Mysterious Object In Space" ? JPL (One-way Satellite Interviews with Television and Radio Media Clients)

this is what I found on the nasa.gov site under the life events list coming on nasatv.
strangest thing its about mysterious objects in space don't know what they mean with this so we wil have to see coming monday.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
NASA is the king of being ambiguous... I remember when Challenger blew up..."the vehicle has exploded"...what vehicle? the shuttle? a booster? What? They seem to live by it... Looks interesting....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I wonder if they will now show us proof of Aliens and UFO's. Yea right.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'll be looking out for it, but it'll probably be just an odd shaped mass or a substance from the International Space Station Portolet that grew mushrooms.

We can hope, though.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
thanks for the heads up. I'll try to watch. It's so wierd how Nasa makes these ambigious statements and then get pissy when we think out of the box.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Could be deep space and referring to some of the latest Hubble work.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Donald Savage/Dwayne Brown
Headquarters, Washington
(Phone: 202/358-1547/1726)

Jane Platt
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
(Phone: 818/354-0880)

March 12, 2004
NOTE TO EDITORS : N04-040

NASA Schedules News Briefing About Unusual Solar Object

The discovery of a mysterious object in our solar system is the topic of a listen-and-log-on news briefing on Monday, March 15, at 1 p.m. EST.

Dr. Michael Brown, associate professor of planetary astronomy, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif. will present his discovery of the most distant object ever detected orbiting the sun. He and colleagues made the discovery as part of a NASA-funded research project.

The virtual news briefing is only for reporters. Reporters in the United States can listen to the briefing and participate in the question-and-answer session by calling: 888/889-1963. Overseas media may call: 1/773/756-4808. Calls to these lines should start at 12:50 p.m. EST. The passcode is: "objects."

Graphics supporting this news briefing will be posted Monday on the Internet by 1 p.m. EST:
www.spitzer.caltech.edu...

Images and information about this discovery will be on the Internet at:
www.spitzer.caltech.edu...
&
www.nasa.gov...

- end -

Found this just placed after I posted the things above

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Seems they did find a planet, here is a link to an article on Mondays announcement, appears they will call it Sedna after the Intuit goddess of the sea.

Nasa announcement

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't care if there is a tenth planet. I think the media would make a bigger deal out of it if it involved life. So it's probably something stupid but it is something to look for.
yes I am working my way up to the positives.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
its a 4 hour event so who knows how much they have to say....

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Could it be the so called planet they seem to have found?

news.bbc.co.uk...

They are still arguing wether this should be called a planet or not.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
hey, can someone do me the favor of summarizing all this? i'm in classes all day tomorrow and i don't have cable here at home. plus, i know the TVs at school don't get NASA. thanks, i'll greatly appreciate it.

what i don't get is why is the conference scheduled to be four hours for just a body of ice in the kuiper belt? sure, it's large... but so what? what i think (out-side the box) is that possibly a red dwarf star has been found. more than half of our galaxy's stars are binaries (or more), so why couldn't our sun be one as well?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
maybe they found sedna further back and are announcing it now as a distraction to something on mars

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The ledgend Sedna is one lovely tale. All the planets have cool mythology about them, Sedna is my new favorite planetiod if that is what they're gonna call it.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Leave it to the BBC:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Debate on is this a planet or not comes next.

Michael

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I dont under stand. They find alot of objects in the Keplar Belt. Like Quoar and a few other balls of ice larger then Pluto. I wonder what makes this place so special.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What I think makes this new planet "Sedna" so special is that it supposdely has a moon redder than any other body in the solar system next to mars.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ask myself what is in the space between sedna and pluto. maybe its on the other side but in a circular orbit between pluto and sedna.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Is this 10 AM PST/1 PM EST just for reporters and media?
When will it be broadcast for the public?

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by FieryIce1]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
can be seen if I am right by going to www.nasa.gov/ntv

around 1 pm eastern time. yup

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join