It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Springsteen: Silence Is Unpatriotic -- Answers Critics Who Say His Anti-War Album Is Unpat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Bandit: Mind explaining how this entertainer's opinion is "defending the constitution"?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'll mention one example. He brings the loss of habeas corpus to his audience. Isn't that at least one part of defending the constitution?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Not if it is a motive for political gain, no.

Republicans destroy the Constitution for one reason or another..

Democrats destroy the same Constitution for other reason and they all come out to the same outcome.

So some triped up Liberal trying to accuse one party of destroying the Constitution while saying another party protects it = propaganda.

In reality neither Liberal party, be it the Reps or Dems (both are liberal to me) give a damn about the Constitution, it's just a piece of paper to work around.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That last sentence of yours I can definitely agree on.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325
reply to post by Essan

I never said he didn't have the right to speak, All I am saying is I don't care about his opinion.

You said he needs to shut up and sing, and then you say you don't care about his opinion. Not only are you belittling the opinion of an American patriot and icon, you are also contradicting yourself. It doesn't surprise me how you came to disregard Springsteen's opinion (which has a lot of truth in it btw) with the kind of logic that you have.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Well if Bruce says so, I must reform my ways! .. Afterall, it would be unpatriotic not to believe Bruce..

Hells, we might as well crown Bruce King, since it's is moral guidance we need to ensure we are patriotic American's with just cause.

Bruce speaking of politics, is like Britney Spears telling American's how to be good parents.

If Britney Spears said that the Earth revolves around the Sun, does that mean she's wrong because she's just a singer, and a dumb one at that? Sure I admit it's hard to take seriously pop culture figures talking about serious issues, but it isn't sufficient ground to dismiss their opinions as invalid and unworthy just because of their profession.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

rockpuck, how can you possably lunp bruce and britteny togerther like that? thats terrible, bruce is a iconic symbol for masculinity (sigh) were as brittany is a bit sad. he has always sang about sociopolitical issues, well that and love.
m x

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join