It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was Saint Issa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reluctant-messenger.com...
www.damonleigh.com...

There is an unaccounted for time in Jesus's life.. many Bible scholars contend he just stayed with his father, learning his trade.. some say he travelled to India.

Did Jesus appear to the Buddists of Himis as Nicolai Notovitch says... are their texts of Saint Issa and the Jesus of our Bible one and the same?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It seems unlikely.

That first link you provided had a link at the bottom to an opposing viewpoint. Find it HERE. While I don't agree with everything necessarily they said (like Jesus not being willing to live in a Gentile culture just because other Jews would find it distasteful), I do find reading the gospels that they seem to imply that Jesus grew up in Nazareth.

If Notovich really did see scrolls, one possibility is that they were ancient and that they were about Jesus. But they could have been fabricated by some well meaning monks after the Apostle Thomas was in India (according to tradition). I'm just speculating on that part.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I heard that Jesus went to India, but from what I was told it was after the crucifixion. I'm not sure what to think about this, and the The Life of Saint Issa doesn't gel with me for some reason.

ET3

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is a great deal of speculation about his younger life. Many old cultures have tales of one that taught in their lands about the same time of Jesus� life.

As for my own personal experience along those lines of investigations, it was a waste of time. Yet it is your mind that must be appeased.

new topics

top topics

join