It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being ANTI WAR is trendy!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

This is quite possibly the best evidence yet that you have not read anything I've said - because I have never stated I supported the war and in fact specifically said why I do not like this fashion of anti-war becoming trendy. In fact, I've mentioned this specifically at least three times in this thread so far.

Here is a hint: Good ideas are not taken seriously anymore when the radical lunatic fringe locks onto the idea only to further their narrow ideology.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

This is quite possibly the best evidence yet that you have not read anything I've said - because I have never stated I supported the war and in fact specifically said why I do not like this fashion of anti-war becoming trendy. In fact, I've mentioned this specifically at least three times in this thread so far.

Here is a hint: Good ideas are not taken seriously anymore when the radical lunatic fringe locks onto the idea only to further their narrow ideology.

Again...

Why do you defend the IRAQI war here, if YOU have said" YOU are AGAINST the war" and "libertarian"???

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Again..WHY CAN YOU NOT ACTUALLY READ POSTS? Why are you making things up that I never said? Why are you making things up that are the exact opposite of what I said?

I do not know how to make this any more clear for you: scroll up, my exact position on the war is explained, and my exact reason why I do not like the fact that it has become trendy and popular to be anti-war is also defined.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Your responses are on the level of a twelve year old. I think most people here recognize your level of maturity regarding your responses. It doesn't matter what you call me; I won't lower myself to your standard of name calling and party bashing.

No, treaties are not law. There will never be an official International Law. But, when one signs a treaty and breaks it ... what good is their word? What credibility do they have with the rest of the world? That's not someone I would enjoy having relations with. But, there are some things (those that I've named and cited previously) that are generally accepted and practiced by civil countries throughout the world as being an International standard for living and conducting policies. One set forth by our own country is to declare war. Even Hitler had the decency to declare war.

Ask Bush senior what the NWO is. He seemed pretty fond of it - making references to it is national speeches .... for it to be some conspiracy. Or you might read Rockefeller's memoirs in which he openly admits to having an agenda to consolidate global power.

Seems you just want to ignore anything that isn't in line with your views. Much like the current administration. That's fine. But, don't argue that my views (or the rest of the world's) are any less valid ... you can call me names all you want, but don't devalue widely accepted practices, just because you don't agree with them.

If you want to take cheap shots: I don't expect a Mason such as yourself to understand concepts such as honesty or integrity.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is nothing "trendy" about being anti-war. It is a conscientious objection that goes against a person's moral fiber, and is not made lightly. To even suggest that those of us who don't support the war have only jumped on the anti-war bandwagon because it's a popular notion is wholly outrageous.

In fact, a person could easily make the argument that the exact opposite is true.

People who support the war blindly, only do so because they want to be portrayed as patriotic. Beat the war drum and show the world how much you love your country.

Comes across as a bit of an oversimplistic notion, doesn't it? That's why it's utterly useless to paint either side with overly broad-stroked stereotypes.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Trendy to be antiwar? Why not be trendy and wear a "911 was an inside job" t-shirt the next time you fly. I'd be interested to see what you'd experience.

Step it up a bit. I'd like to see what would happen to someone that wore a t-shirt that says "US soldiers are murdering slaves of Israel"

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I understand the OP is using some heavy irony. I can see where the war supporters are coming from. Anyone with a minority view will hit back, that everyone else is just trying to be trendy.

Being anti war isn't trendy, it's old school, nobody in history has enjoyed wars, aside from psychopaths and arms industries. Anyone going into a war comes out of it changed, it will give you a new perspective, just look at the Vietnam guys.

There's far too much glorifying of war, in movies and now especially in videogames. The xbox 360 is an American console, with the vast majority of it's games being first person shooters, mostly military shooters. There is a policy here, which is making these games to prep and desensitize young men to war. Of course when they come home with their limbs blown off from IEDs, they realize that reality is a lot different from glory.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Being anti-war *is* trendy. So is being pro-war.

Man, I've just gotta laugh sometimes at how people get mired in the outdated notions of either/or. A number of different trends can exist simultaneously. This is what marketing gurus count on. This is what political strategists count on.

There are people who have good reasons for supporting the war. There are people who have good reasons for opposing the war. Sometimes, interests clash and compromises have to be reached.

This ain't some hippy dippy talkin' blues I'm trying to sell you. I'm not suggesting for one second that "Everybody is right in their own way". People have agendas. Some agendas win, some agendas lose. But if someone understands a situtation well enough to have an agenda and a point of view, they're at least in the game.

Most people resort to simple side-choosing. They figure out who they want to emulate, whose approval they crave, and they ape behavior they think will win them that approval. These are the people being "trendy". You'll find people like this on pretty much all sides of major issues.

Can't we leave this quaint, ultimately useless fetishism of all or nothing, A or not A, behind and understand that it's all a dialectic?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Again..WHY CAN YOU NOT ACTUALLY READ POSTS? Why are you making things up that I never said? Why are you making things up that are the exact opposite of what I said?

I do not know how to make this any more clear for you: scroll up, my exact position on the war is explained, and my exact reason why I do not like the fact that it has become trendy and popular to be anti-war is also defined.

I understand are you reading the same thread???

YOU are against the war!

However you think the anti war movement has gone fringe and psycho

irrational---

Am I correct so far?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by When the Spaceship Lands

You must hold a pretty bleak view of humanity if you think mostly everyone is picking a side as part of some popularity contest. War is governmental policy, the same way taxes are. People don't like taxes either, are they posers for being against being taxed?

Of course taxes affect us directly, and war affects people we don't care about in other countries directly. Honestly I don't care much about Iraqis or anyone else the US might decide to kill next. In the same way I don't care for a stranger in the street, but if I saw a stranger in the street in trouble I would help them. People are just doing what they can, there is no, "lets be cool like some Hollywood celebrities" agenda here. It seems like you have lost your humanity for assuming that is the case.

Of course there are evangelical, pious, self gratified types who are always banging on about war being terrible, these must be the types you're thinking about. The average Joe on the street, thinking in his own head and not making a public display of it, most likely thinks war is a pretty bad thing as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
LOL at anti war being trendy!

Nahh there just a lot of people who still value human life no matter the colour of their skin

shame everyone doesnt feel that way

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
My take on it is that it used to be trendy to be Rush clones and now that
the tide is turning; the Rush and Sean clones feel disenfranchised and are
lashing out at the change in consciousness.

Tough!!

Stop being such crybabys and man it up!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by tyranny22

Just one of the trendy masses you are! It shows too. Populist propaganda - millions have not died. More people die in two years from alcoholism in just the United States than all the deaths of civilians and military personnel combined. But that just isn't trendy! Nor or any of the other on going conflicts which have caused more death, because George Bush didn't start them

jama.ama-assn.org...

There's a link for 2001 AADs (alcohol attributable deaths) in the US. Just for 2001, it was 75,766.

Just helping out with a link that shows the research for just one year.

And, truth be told, both sides are trendy.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Whatever floats your boat, but don't let your guard down for too long.
There are some that think getting people to convert or die is much better than being trendy.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This thread is now closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join