It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being ANTI WAR is trendy!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

So, I guess things like Admiralty Law and the Geneva Conventions are as much a conspiracy as the Freemason's and the Illuminati?

I'm afraid much of the worlds governing bodies would disagree that there is no International Law.

Weren't you just preaching on how most AntiWarers don't understand political policies?

[edit on 28-7-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
reply to post by mental modulator

As this has been known to those who do their research for the past 40 years, and as there are hundreds upon hundreds of books and peer reviewed articles about it, obviously more than 1 person can know about it without reading the exact same thing. Do you have any idea how research works?

Yes you PEN my father was a researcher...

I actually think your full on aggression over my question is funny.

So I am going to assume that the other two guys ripped you off!

Also you did not answer me... don't I have the right to be against the war based upon financial considerations???

You claim to be a libertarian...

Secondly you are arguing that being ANTI WAR is trendy...

I could easily argue that it is more TRENDY to be PRO WAR....

the bumper stickers, the "your with us or against us" , mullets and such....

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

Good for Paul and Obama they both had some sense when it was not so trendy!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Get an education. Treaties are not Laws.

I'm afraid much of the worlds governing bodies would disagree that there is no International Law.

World Governing Bodies.. if you are implying individual countries that opperate in a state of international Anarchy, sure, they have treaties. But treaties are not laws. Do you know what a Law is? No? Mmmkay..

If you are implying the entity that enforces so called international laws.. well give me some names, me and my weapon of choice will ensure they don't override my sovereign nations ability to govern it's self.

This is what people don't understand: IF there is a movement to a One World Government, it will come to you via Liberals.

I mean hell, most of you half wits apparently think it's already here..

Read a book before you say I don't understand the political process, because you just embarrassed yourself..

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Paul and Obama are against the war for polar opposite reasons.. and dear god, don't ever compare Paul to that pos Obama ever again .. it's a disgrace to Pauls name..

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Paul and Obama are against the war for polar opposite reasons.. and dear god, don't ever compare Paul to that pos Obama ever again .. it's a disgrace to Pauls name..

Well at least both men had the nuts to stand up for their convictions!
I don't care about the reasons, the point is they were both ahead of their time
and correct!

[edit on 28-7-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

..correct as in factually or correct as in your personal belief? .. Without the Iraq war, in all likelihood we would never have gotten out of the last recession .. and Paul would sacrifice the entire US Economy to achieve his goals of reform, which I agree with, but the consequences being dire.

Obama says what the crowd wants to hear. Hes a pathetic half-wit like Hilary and McCain to only use sound bites to garnish the attention of the unintelligent and ignorant masses. Essentially, hes a tool. Paul is a rouge. Hardly comparable..

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

..correct as in factually or correct as in your personal belief? .. Without the Iraq war, in all likelihood we would never have gotten out of the last recession .. and Paul would sacrifice the entire US Economy to achieve his goals of reform, which I agree with, but the consequences being dire.

Obama says what the crowd wants to hear. Hes a pathetic half-wit like Hilary and McCain to only use sound bites to garnish the attention of the unintelligent and ignorant masses. Essentially, hes a tool. Paul is a rouge. Hardly comparable..

Correct as in factually...

I'm sorry but I am not following you on the last recession and the iraqi war...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Doesn't surprise me to be honest, that would be getting my hopes up ..

Whether the war is "wrong" or "right" is an opinion, not a factual statement. Good to see have a firm grasp understanding the situation.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Mr Rockefeller laughs at you all. He said to keep them arguing while he controls the republocrats and the demoplicans..

Seriously, aren't there better things for you guys to do instead feeding the illusionary division between republican and democrat.. left and right?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wow, smugness on the internet, how.. novel and trendy.

Yep, you're following the (m)asses and toeing the line in a manner so profound I'm sure you're not even aware of it.

Step in line, your bi annual shearing should be any time now.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
ANTI WAR is common human sense. Its not a trend.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Doesn't surprise me to be honest, that would be getting my hopes up ..

Whether the war is "wrong" or "right" is an opinion, not a factual statement. Good to see have a firm grasp understanding the situation.

Yes and then you are forming an opinion based upon my opinion, so what?

I think the war in IRAQ was wrong, is wrong, and will be viewed by the majority of US citizens and historians as wrong, what the hell is wrong with that???

I pay taxes?

I want MY money going towards something better...

I think going to Afghanistan was a good move , if you read the OP you would recognize that I am against the war in IRAQ!

Why the hell would we go to a primarily shiite country when we are after a sunni terrorist organization? Thats retarded -- thats like going to a crip neighborhood to find some bloods... A waste of life, money , resources, etc....

So inform me upon my great misunderstanding of world politics please!
What am I missing!?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm not embarassed. I know how to read. Apparently you don't.

I never insinuated that treaties were laws.

Straight from the Wiki:

Geneva Convention

The Geneva Conventions consist of four treaties formulated in Geneva, Switzerland, that set the standards for international law for humanitarian concerns.

Admiralty Law

Admiralty law (also referred to as maritime law) is a distinct body of law which governs maritime questions and offenses. It is a body of private international law governing the relationships between private entities which operate vessels on the oceans

Ever heard of the Nurenburg Trials? Apparently not. Here's a little refresher:

The Nuremberg Trials were a series of trials most notable for the prosecution of prominent members of the political, military, and economic leadership of Nazi Germany. The trials were held in the city of Nuremberg, Germany, from 1945 to 1949, at the Palace of Justice. The first and best known of these trials was the Trial of the Major War Criminals before the International Military Tribunal (IMT), which tried 24 of the most important captured leaders of Nazi Germany.

I'm sure Germany was quite confident it could govern itself too and had no accord it had to follow as far as invading other countries. Didn't work out too well for them, though. Seems the United States played a major role in making sure Germany was held accountable for their crimes.

Call me ignorant or uneducated all you like. But, I'm not the one that should be embarrassed.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
From the looks of things on this website, it seems more trendier to be pro-war than anti-war.

At least the anti-war people can put up a decent arguement and can solve thing without resorting to insults, bombs and guns.

Besides the pro-war people are generally creepy psychotics.

Being anti-war isn't trendy, it just shows a respect for human life.
In this day and age, it seems the good people are the minority, whilst the gun-loving loonies are only quite happy to bomb themselves back to the stone age.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wow so many government tools on this thread I dont know where to begin. Ill begin here first..

Anti War is trendy just as much as Pro War is trendy.

Second for all of you pro war fellows out there why not donate to the cause? Jack your taxes up to around 60% and pay for the war or go to the frontlines one or the other. The fact is this war is not being paid for. It will be paid for by my kids and my grandkids.

Third will you people PLEASE GET OFF THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM. Its not only Bushs fault and its not only Pelosis fault its ALL OF THEM. They all are getting huge kickbacks in the form of donations from some of the very companies making billions of this war. Companies like Haliburton and KBR. So who pays for the companies and the government officials to get wealthy of the deal? ME!!! and anyother person who actually pays taxes not you chumps who say you do but do not.

I dont know if you sheeple saw this "home bailout" is raising the debt limit to 10.6 trillion. So soon we will be over 10 trillion in debt. This on top of all the lives.

So in close I DO agree that being anti or pro war is a trendy thing for some but for others its straight up principal that leads us. Not all of us are sheeple like some on this thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Just one of the trendy masses you are! It shows too. Populist propaganda - millions have not died. More people die in two years from alcoholism in just the United States than all the deaths of civilians and military personnel combined. But that just isn't trendy! Nor or any of the other on going conflicts which have caused more death, because George Bush didn't start them

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You think because daddy was a researcher that this somehow gives you special insight? I guess that being my job I wouldn't know what I was doing.

You really have no idea how research works. There are certain facts, which people have researched for years. People who do their own research can therefore come to the same conclusions, because its such a well known fact. Fact: anti-war movements are trends due to cultural forces.

Being anti-war has moved from being a discussion about foreign policy to people foaming at the mouth to hang Bush and talk about the "countless deaths" which amount to nothing compared to other conflicts. I am anti-war, always have been based on the spending, and I am saddened with a absolute circus it has turned into. No one takes it seriously anymore because its been hijacked by the lunatic fringe.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Mm I am embarrassed for you ..

International Law requires that there be an entity that is above all Nations to enforce a Law ..

I would gather like most ignorant Liberals you believe the UN to hold this responsibility..

But what the hey, let's tear your argument apart just for fun..

The Geneva Conventions consist of four treaties formulated in Geneva, Switzerland, that set the standards for international law for humanitarian concerns.

Your (wiki
) article only states that this TREATY sets the "Standard" for "International Law" .. however does not define International Law or how it can be imposed.. only states it magically exist without any form of legislation to put it in place..

Admiralty law (also referred to as maritime law) is a distinct body of law which governs maritime questions and offenses.

Maritime Law is also a treaty, that can be and is often broken (like geneva..) it is an agreement between various parties of what is to be regulated in international waters .. granted the only party able to enforce Maritime Law is one nation unto it's own people, not via international regulatory entities..

Ever heard of the Nurenburg Trials?

Nurenburg was a sham, a pathetic display of barbaric execution of those who lost the war.

Had Hitler won, perhaps it would have been Trueman who would have been executed for "Crimes against humanity" ..

But in the end, the trials where carried out by American's and the Brits for their own agenda, by destroying the old factions the ensured peace with the USSR, divided Germany, destroyed the countries ability to rise up and create a third world war...

Not because we felt bad for victims.. wake up from fairy tale world..

Sad to hear you support the One World Government though ..... makes me sick to be quite honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join