It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being ANTI WAR is trendy!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Today I have learned that being against the war in IRAQ makes me feel TRENDY!

I was informed that I am against the war in IRAQ because of the prestigious social status this state of mind thrusts upon me!

I know its now VERY trendy to be anti war You just want to join whatever is trendy and makes you feel better. Its easy to be anti-war and join the media programmed masses, its hard to actually care about the real issues.

Maybe this person is right???

I have always longed to get the anti war haircut...

Roll down Sunset BLVD in my anti war edition midnight blue ESCALADE....

Wear the ever seductive scent "AntiWar" by Davidoff...

or go clubbin,,, sporting my new high top anti war Chucks....

Reader, have you ever considered that you are against the war in IRAQ because it makes you feel like YOU are a part of the "Liberal Terrorist Loving Unpatriotic Movement" ?

Well I know I have...

Initially I was under the impression that my being against the war in IRAQ was based upon my own judgments and personal morality. Unfortunately I have been greatly mistaken....

I was surprised to learn that the MASS MEDIA has programed me to be against the war in IRAQ! This anti IRAQ war notion that I have carried since George W Bush used to say "SADDAM" when he was discussing "OSAMA" is sadly not my own thought!?

(This is particularly frightening to hear because I do not own a Television set , I listen to MP3s for music and surf the net for news !)

Strangely when I did voice my own opinions which are against the war in IRAQ three people in a 24 period have come forth in the spirit of enlightenment.

All three separate individuals informed me of this PROGRAMING which has infected my views, corrupted my morality and extinguished my individuality!

These individuals were able to pin point the particular genesis of my anti
Iraqi war thoughts as a desire to be 'Trendy'!

I am amazed that the word "TRENDY" has been used more then three times, by three different people, on ATS in a 24 hour period. More amazing is that the word "TRENDY" is used to explain the psychology of the anti Iraqi war mind or position!

In my experience this is a first and might be attributed to a "psychic connection" of some sort???

First off----- how on earth did three people come to this same conclusion when, to my knowledge this concept has not been uttered here before???

Secondly ----- I find it even more fantastic that the exact same diagnosis terminology, "TRENDY" was cited by three presumably separate individuals!!!

MY conclusion--

My fellow anti Iraq war people...

Please be aware that the mass media has the ability to program the masses to think and say things because it is TRENDY to do so!

Thank you "three" for enlightening me to this fact!

[edit on 28-7-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Anti-War is the new Black! Didn't you get the memo?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I was against the war when 90 % of Americans were screaming bomb Saddam he caused 911
Hardly trendy

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Frank Spinelli

Yes everyday, here!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I can tell the truth got to you because its really irritating you. Don't worry, over time it won't hurt so much as the scales get removed from your eyes and you see reality.

Yes, being anti-war is trendy. It makes people feel like they are against the MAN, are humanitarians, and since the mass media has programmed it into you you have lots of confidence and back slapping about how correct you are. Being anti-war has devolved from being a ideological discussion about foreign policy to screaming "IMPEACH BUSH WAR FOR OIL!!!! OMG!!!!!"

I know you don't do your research because your posts are full of such "unbiased" sources as known left-wing fringe lunatic sources like crooks and liars, but I still urge you to actually do some real research. Social movements have trends. The media, which with the exception of Fox News is owned solely by the DNC, has programmed you into its social trends. This is reality.

You didn't start this thread to have a conversation, your here to troll and play games.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
I can tell the truth got to you because its really irritating you. Don't worry, over time it won't hurt so much as the scales get removed from your eyes and you see reality.

Yes, being anti-war is trendy. It makes people feel like they are against the MAN, are humanitarians, and since the mass media has programmed it into you you have lots of confidence and back slapping about how correct you are. Being anti-war has devolved from being a ideological discussion about foreign policy to screaming "IMPEACH BUSH WAR FOR OIL!!!! OMG!!!!!"

I know you don't do your research because your posts are full of such "unbiased" sources as known left-wing fringe lunatic sources like crooks and liars, but I still urge you to actually do some real research. Social movements have trends. The media, which with the exception of Fox News is owned solely by the DNC, has programmed you into its social trends. This is reality.

You didn't start this thread to have a conversation, your here to troll and play games.

One of the three has arrived!

As I stated before in the thread you are refering to...www.abovetopsecret.com...

I cited crooks and liars as source because I wanted to get a link to the video I heard about on the BBC podcast two nights ago...

I attenmpted to change the source to this source

www.youtube.com...

In order to appease your protests, however I could not edit my OP...

First of all I do find it very strange that I have been accused of being "TRENDY"
by three people... I am convinced that there is a shared source for this theory and
the term "TRENDY"

Did the other two people copy your theory in regards to the genesis of my opinions and thoughts?

You all used the word trendy, all cited media programing....

How do you explain this?

You know what? If you answer my two questions above I will answer three questions you have!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I like that...

Hey, I remember when Israel invaded Lebanon, apparently it became 'trendy' to criticize Israel.

I am so glad that I am at the fore of trend setting ways.

I R KOOL

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Anti-War is part of the general liberal trend to tear down the United States and what it is supposed to stand for, in favor of some kind of euro-communist, humanist, tree hugging, cumbiya singing Utopia. They deny the existence of militant Islam and other evil forces that want to exert their own will, regardless of what we do.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Second you used the words POSTS and FULL OF...

I had one source... in my OP .... exaggerate much?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

You all used the word trendy, all cited media programing....

Thier lord tells them what to say and think.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingmonkey
Anti-War is part of the general liberal trend to tear down the United States and what it is supposed to stand for, in favor of some kind of euro-communist, humanist, tree hugging, cumbiya singing Utopia. They deny the existence of militant Islam and other evil forces that want to exert their own will, regardless of what we do.
Who said I wanted a communist country? I'm just saying I'm tired of my fellow brothers out there dying every day because of some middle-aged men in fancy suits think it would be a nice idea.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Its nice to be trendy, especially as I am 46 years old ....... cool

''Being anti-war is trendy'' - What kind of right wing Bull is that? If people here think war is cool, then they ought to get their arses out on the frontline.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingmonkey

What are you on about???

If you read the OP I stated that I am against the IRAQI war (read it again)...
I am a liberal tree hugging terrorist loving unpatriotic,,, I have no problem with
waring with the Taliban....

I have a problem with invading Iraq based on mistakes, staying in IRAQ for 5-6-7-8-9-10+++ years, wasting 100's of billions, keeping troops there for five and six tours, MY FRIENDS being blown up...

I can go on and on ...

Second I do not deny the existence of militant Islam??? Do you think I am also retarded?

I ultimately feel if we make a HUGE mistake why should we keep making the same mistake just because???

If you haven't noticed our country is in real trouble pal,,, I would much rather address the USA problems,,, then waste $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on a mistake.

How is this transformed into being trendy???

How on earth can you make that logic gap???

Dude its my tax money to!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

AMEN!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Thier lord tells them what to say and think.

I stared at the picture for a while trying to figure out who it was until I saw the file name. Then I laughed for quite a good while. Anyone who thinks that doing your research and finding out the facts puts on in the camp of Rush Limbaugh just shows what a left-wing propagandist you are. But, thanks for proving who your lord(s) are:

Yet another Democrat National Committee propagandist exposed. Howard Dean must be proud.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Yet another DNC propagandist exposed.

lol....ya nailed it. If anyone disagrees with you, they must all be paid for by the DNC like me. I am amazed at how quickly you flushed me out.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Its nice to be trendy, especially as I am 46 years old ....... cool

''Being anti-war is trendy'' - What kind of right wing Bull is that? If people here think war is cool, then they ought to get their arses out on the frontline.

It must have hit the airwaves in the last 24 hours...

I suspect FOX "NEWS" somehow introduced this word to offend the righties,,

I was so surprised to here this theory from the "mouths" of three different people...

Funny is I heard it first when I was discussing FOX propaganda with a FOX "lover"...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
In order to appease your protests, however I could not edit my OP...

You still don't get the point do you? The point was that politics involved backstabbing, Scott was fired for incompetence, and is now trying to "get back." Its not shocking, it happens with someone every presidency. Your urge to make it more than it really is just showed you were heavily media programmed.

First of all I do find it very strange that I have been accused of being "TRENDY"
by three people... I am convinced that there is a shared source for this theory and
the term "TRENDY"

The "source" for this theory is - and I urge everyone to sit down for this part - the peer reviewed research on social trends. I know, I know. Most of ATS can't be bothered to source anything beyond a conspiracy blog, and the thought of using actual academic research to form your point is shocking.

Did the other two people copy your theory in regards to the genesis of my opinions and thoughts?

No, they did their research. You should try it, you'll be surprised how much you learn when you go beyond the propganda.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Nah, the left-wing lunatic fringe is really just you and a handful of others. You made it very obvious when your so blinded by partisanship you equate anyone who disagrees as somehow liking Rush Limbaugh, and all of your "sources" conveniently come from well know left-wing fringe propaganda mouthpieces. You need to work on your deflection tactics, your too easy to expose. Stop drinking that DNC kool-aid and wake up.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

thank you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join