It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self reliance during martial law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There are a million reasons that could cause a declaration of martial law. Assuming you are in a position that you can provide everything you need for yourself and family, what would happen to you during martial law?

If you want to ride out whatever tribulations are inevitable, can they try to force you to leave your home? Do you still have the right to defend your home from those wishing to take it over or force you out? In martial law, are all rights gone, or are the laws just changed by the enforcers?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

If you want to ride out whatever tribulations are inevitable, can they try to force you to leave your home? Do you still have the right to defend your home from those wishing to take it over or force you out? In martial law, are all rights gone, or are the laws just changed by the enforcers?

Basically, Martial Law is when the Military takeover and enforce the Law. Civil Law is normally suspended during these periods. It means that the Military have more powers than the civilian Police do.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Thanks for the reply. I do get the definition but it seems from the theories and "what to expect" stories here especially, that Martial Law is such a broad open ended term, and that we should basically expect to be under a duplicate Nazi regime.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Okay first of all I'm not going to revela my plan on the internet so many people can see it.
Most likely during martial law I would die

I plan to do anything that's necessary to survive whether it be staying home staying at someone else house or ruffing it out in the wilderness with the sasqautches and Bigfoots.

P.S. in marital law your rights are gone and Laws are still enforced....Ain't that something ehh LOL

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is one of the many I built off the grid and off roads. Not many people know I'm there, in the advent of martial law, I dont think the authorities would have alot of time on their hands to care about one or 10 people living back in the woods. If they did, its still my land, I have a God given right to protect it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Anyone in bigger towns and cities that couldn't get out would be screwed. They would have no rights.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ggurl777

Sasquatch and bigfoot are the same thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis

LOL my bad...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Not exactly, there will be many monster trucks in the wilderness...where else are they going to go? Careful to not get run over...

We will all soon see what it will be like.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
In my opinion Marshall Law will be a pretty short time.

If this is America we speak of...then if such actions are taken, then civil war is inevitable.

I would suggest those with families to flee to Canada i such a time came. Just suggesting.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Not exactly, there will be many monster trucks in the wilderness...where else are they going to go? Careful to not get run over...

We will all soon see what it will be like.

Smartass

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Frank Spinelli

Only draft dodgers go to canadia.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Most people don't know, but sasquatch is the native american word for bogfoot. The Issaqua tribe anyways.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

than canadia here i come haha.

if theres martial law, i'm sure there would also be a draft. If theres armed forces walking the streets than whos going to be in Iraq killing people?

they go hand in hand me thinks

[edit on 28-7-2008 by theendisnear69]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

That is why i'm glad i live where i do! I'm really close to canadia if i want to go there. But most importantly it's a small town and when TSHTF they will be too busy rounding up people in cities than worrying about me or mine

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

haha yea, well now i'm beginning to appreciate living in a small town, cuz when it does get bad it's easier to get away. Plus you know pretty much everybody, so everyone will help each other out.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Your civil rights and suspended and the will kill you if you try defending your home. Better to sneak away than be herded.

new topics

top topics

join