It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build Your Own Faraday Cage, Stop Nosey Listeners, and Survive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Oh I know that, but you were asking about how would you survive by using an F-Cage (
).

What do you think the chances of someone building one just to survive would be?

Honestly, it's kind of an odd question.

I think that it's a good idea to have one, but I think if you really wanna be super secret covert, whatever, a combo of a undergroud bunker and the F-Cage would be a great idea.

Two offtopic questions (sorry, they just popped up in my mind):

1. Were you born in mid to late November?
2. I have an Majic 12 handbook in PDF format (I got it accendently along with a bunch of Army combat tactics and some NORADish construction info), I may soon obtain some more info that I think is valueble, how important do you think it is tht I build and hide this stuff?

-Jimmy

[edit on 1-8-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Actually, I think you may have taken that out of context.

I meant in surviving as in electronic countermeasures.

1) I wasn't born in the Fall.

2) It's only as important as you think it is, and that's your opinion. It's a great idea however.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yeah I guess I did, my bad.
Reason why i asked about your birthday is cause of your name, the last word in it "Leonidas" made me think it was derived from th Leonids meteor shower that happens evey year on my birthday.

BTW Good thread topic, I've been considering some countermessures lately since I'm moving to another place.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I answered the second question.

Are you related to Jack Black?

Back on topic, Mod's are getting harsh these days, and I don't blame them, I appreciate the occasional reminder.

The Faraday Cage is an awesome device, and I think it can be combined with multiple devices in order to make weapons, if done correctly.

I'm not specifying which devices in combination either.

I'm not advocating violence, I'm advocating survival only.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Lol, well, I saw your post before you edited it, so I posted the question, then afterwards I saw you edited it, so I edited mine lol.
Nope, not related to him at all, it's my nick name cause I look just like the guy when my hair is long and I have facial hair

Here are a list of e-books concerning metal working (maybe more, not sure), I'm still working on the Tesla thing though.

E-Books for Metalurgy

Password for all files: a3990918

Metalworking Shop from Scrap:

Gingery 1 The Charcoal Foundry
rapidshare.com...

Gingery 2 The Metal Lathe
rapidshare.com...

Gingery 3 The Metal Shaper
rapidshare.com...

Gingery 4 The Mill
rapidshare.com...

Gingery 5 The Drill Press
rapidshare.com...

Gingery 6 The Dividing Head
rapidshare.com...

Gingery 7 The Sheet Metal Brake
rapidshare.com...

Gingery Coil Winding Machine
rapidshare.com...

Plastic Forming:

Gingery Plastic Injection Molding Machine
rapidshare.com...

Gingery Plastic Vacuum Forming Machine
rapidshare.com...

Metal Casting:

D. Gingery Building a Gas Fired Crucible Furnace
rapidshare.com...

Gingery Making Crucibles
rapidshare.com...

Non - Gingery Books:

Improved Shop Furnace: Improved version of Gingery's Lil Bertha Elec. Furn
rapidshare.com...

An Iron melting Cupala Furnace
rapidshare.com...

Gas Burners for Forges, Furnaces & Kilns: The Bible of Burners
by Michael Porter
rapidshare.com...

Hope that info helps in ya'lls construction on, well, whatever it is that you're making.

Enjoy

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here's some more stuff concerning electronics:

Electronics Related E-Books
Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius
rapidshare.com...

password:www.freebookspot.com

22 Radio and Receiver Projects for the Evil Genius
rapidshare.com...

51 High-Tech Practical Jokes for the Evil Genius
rapidshare.com...

101 Spy Gadgets for the Evil Genius(good book)
rapidshare.com...

password:books_for_all

More Electronic Gadgets for the Evil Genius
rapidshare.com...

password:books_for_all

Electronic Gadgets for the Evil Genius
rapidshare.com...

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Thanks for all the input. Yeah, I can understand posting and someone edits their post.

Keep up the great input on here, and thanks for contributing.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Arrh! Here thar be some Tesla info:

Tesla Info

No PSWRDS needed...

www.megaupload.com...

rapidshare.com...

Don't ask me what the heck a .djvu file is, all I know is it's similar to a .pdf.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Electromagnetics E-Books:

Electromagnetics E-Books
Handbook of Engineering Electromagnetics

rapidshare.com...

Electrodynamics of Solids (sounds pretty interesting to me)

rapidshare.com...

Fundamentals of Engineering Electromagnetics

rapidshare.com...

Electric Power Systems

rapidshare.com...

[EDIT]

Maxwell's Equations and the Principles of Electromagnetism

rapidshare.com...

pass:giftfromfatherxmas

Michael Faraday: Physics and Faith

rapidshare.com...

That's all for now, I might get more tonight on Free Energy.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hey uh, let me know if you find any of the above info helpful, whatcha think, you know, that sorta thing.

[Edit]

SpartanKingLeonidas, I sent you a u2u.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I'll take a look through them and sort out what they are and how they can help.

I went offline after our last bit of posting back and forth. Replied to your U2U.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I jut got chills reading this post. I have been having the EXACT same urge. Actually, I've had it for about 20 years. At first it was a modified cave hidden in a cliff. A few years ago I came up with the design for a flying saucer shaped concrete dome-style house. Since then I've met and married into a contracting family and have learned much about construction, including building with concrete. Although they are still in the "Box-House" mentality, my husband has been coming around and has expressed interest in my dome house idea. My idea has evolved to the point that it would be a completely self-sustaining, undetectable structure hidden in a remote location. A living "Bomb shelter" if you will.

The only difference is that I have a strong suspicion as to why I want to do this. That would be the same suspicion that has led me to research faraday cages. My greatest fear is that I'm running out of time and that no one else I know "gets it" (other than my husband).

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
(Please note - my thoughts go faster than I type, so please read slowly - maybe what I am getting at, and asking will make sense!!)

OK - I am not exactly sure if I got all this info correct or not. You guys actually seem to know a bit more from a non-scientist brainiac lets apply the data point of view. I found this place google searching on building a Farady Cage, the kind that can protect from situations like this -

www.onesecondafter.com...

Mostly because I am sincerly interested in being of use in such an event (most people are just people, and in an event were say some terriost group or "rogue" nation determines we no longer need things like plasma TV's and such...) to my friends, family and neighbors. I do not believe I will have much use for cell phones, computers, pda's and such. Monitors, radios, cars, generators, solar panels, etc would be very useful in an event that is nation wide.

Soooooo, if you have any real data - the kind the government has, but is not very easy to find, that would be great!

I have come up with this so far - (mostly from data discovered at the army core of engineers 140.194.76.129... , dated to 1990, publication EP 1110-3-2)

If I build a basic metal pole barn, using standard 12 guage metal, ground the snot out of it, and make certain all entry points are grounded (either through "contact" metal on metal touch - not good, as metal rusts, hence degrading ground capacity, or possibly through actual "hinge cables", though effective, if used alot can fatigue and break) that ANYTHING in side that building should pretty much (except for the absolutely most sensitive electronics) be OK. This would include cars, generators, chainsaws, basic electric tools (drills, saws, etc) and so.

OK - Something to note - I have a cell phone that uses the 3g signal - I only loose the signal when underground (like e-way tunnels and such). Why doesn't a metal pole barn seem to block the signal at all? Hmmm...

Oh, hey - FYI - Some body mentioned protection from fallout - and about needing to be deep underground and such - Try this - www.ki4u.com...
Distance, type of material and thickness of given material seem to be keys. Anybody see the last Indiana Jones movie? Yes, you can survive a nuclear blast in a decent old school fridge as long as it is not a direct hit say within 10 or 15 miles maybe...Don't try it in one of the new high-tech ones, no real metal there...)
Anyway - About cars and EMP's - Modern Marvels had an episode a few years back on new "non-lethal" technologies for the law enforcement to use. One was a "EMP" generator that stopped ALL cars using solid state ignition systems (all 1968 models on up). The only pre-requisite for it to work, is the vehicle must be turned "on". Having said this - ALL vehicles in the USA, in order to be sold in the USA MUST have a "active" system that is "on" all the time (similar to GM's ONstar system). This "law" came into effect in 2008. All manufacturers had to comply, or they could not sell thier vehicles. This basically means all late model vehicles will suffer unrepairable damage when a EMP is detonated, unless in a heavely shielded structure like NORAD (or possibly a well built metal pole barn??). I know this because cars are my life... The "newist" car you can get that does not have the "always active" system is the 2005 Dodge Ram. Even than, it is questionable, dependent upon actual equipment, like satillite radio and such. (In case your curious - The "Official position" for this is to stop car thefts - What actually happens is that every new car can be tracked to within 3 meters by satillite)
OK - So any info on a Faraday Cage that could protect from an atmospheric burst nuclear bomb, generating an EMP would be greatly appreciated!! Please note, that at the height of 200 miles, there is no such thing as "fallout". Fallout requires substance, and space does not have that!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BBTN_Trinity

This is really awesome stuff.

I'm looking through old threads again.

I want to make some of this stuff functional and operative.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I used to DJ for a radio station when I was younger. The whole station was a giant Faraday Cage to keep the strong radio broadcast signals from "cooking" us inside the studio!

It was extremely effective, inside the building we could not pick up any radio or tv station, cell phone, cb or otherwise.

That is exactly how I would test your system to see if it is effective. If your radio or cell phone still works, your cage isn't effective.

I think overlapping (2 layers or more) aluminum or preferrably copper lathe as suggested before would be the best. Limit window and door space, for some reason solid sheets do not work (ie metal buildings), lathe works better. Lathe covered in cement (stucco, concrete, brick, etc.) is probably the simplest and most attractive option for a home.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
reply to post by Ian McLean

I've been wanting to build a small faraday case for my laptop and data...what would be the most practical mesh size for a general EMP protection level?

In case of an EMP, your laptop won't be useful anyway. Everyone elses will be down as will the power grid. No internet and only limited battery power to use it as a resource.

There is a cool new paint to protect your wireless network from going to your neighbors. My brother tried it in his apartment, and it worked great! Now he can't access their networks either though, and we used to enjoy changing the name of their networks to funny stuff!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If you want to defeat this kind of technology in a single localized area, create a Faraday Cage. It's quite simple, line the entire area with some cheap electrically conductive metal like aluminum foil and ground it to a single point, like your water pipe or another earth ground like a steel spike driven 10 to 20 feet into the ground or a metal well pipe.

If you want to do it in a car, make a wideband RF receiver, pass the received signal toa small RF preamp, invert the signal and then pass it to an RF transmitter. The sum of the two signals, the input and the output will equal zero if done properly.

If you want to do this personally, same as the car, except attach a piezo electric transducer to your skin and emit the output through it which will use the skin as the emitter.

Summing any two equal but inverse signals equals zero. I did this kind of work though the NRC in Canada back in the mid 90's and it works quite well, we were however using it primarily for medical purposes, eg. large carrier wave function collapse during an indication of organ failures to prevent further damage or reverse the situation.

Cheers - Dave

i saved this post about a year ago.

posted by ats user: bobs_uruncle

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Because I care and because it is the easiest way...Undercoat, overhead coat and floor then grounded, painted floored over. Easy, cheap, fairly effective.

Conductive Shielding Paint

More Shielding
-This link provides bulk product enough to do rooms and has pics and ground kits as well for the paint.

edit on 15-4-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
reply to post by citizen smith

I've read that'll work. Put a layer of plastic on the backside of the blanket to help prevent contact between the mylar and laptop.

I presume the proximity to ground zero of the EMP will determine the actual effectiveness.

[edit on 7/28/08 by makeitso]

Couldn't you also take a cardboard box, put a later of mesh around it, then a layer of mylar and ground it and that will take care of preventing contact?

Originally posted by TheRemedial
Because I care and because it is the easiest way...Undercoat, overhead coat and floor then grounded, painted floored over. Easy, cheap, fairly effective.

Conductive Shielding Paint

More Shielding
-This link provides bulk product enough to do rooms and has pics and ground kits as well for the paint.

edit on 15-4-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

Does it come in red?

edit on 16-4-2011 by Sforscott because: added onto post

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sforscott

mylar is conductive?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join