It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think about it? Life may simply be the projection of the will of ones Mind? Psionics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have been studying this idea for a while. The whole basic understanding coming from the Philosophy of Schopenhauer where he states;

"The principle that the will is the inner nature of the body as an appearance in time and space, he concluded that the inner reality of all material appearances is Will. "

I have also read a great deal of other material pertaining to this including the Holonomic Brain theory which Karl Pribram researched in to a great deal.
also along with David Bohm.
I understand that researching the work of these two men alone, is a lifetimes work in itself.

Well one might ask what relevance does this all have to do with the average person on the street with a partner, 2.2 kids, a mortgage, a credit card debit, etc etc.
Well from my own understanding is that simply how one thinks is basically how one will feel and then project the condition attributed to ones life.
Basically then we as individuals tend to consciously think of the external world as the real cause and effect of all the percieved good or bad that we experience, whereas in reality we are actually projecting the subconcious internal world of our thoughts. Then we attract those experiences that we initially have thoughts of.
Then we wonder why or how we experience the things we do, feeling all the time that we are only here for the ride when in fact we are actually both the Passenger and the Pilot

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Good post. I agree with you. I would suggest that you might find a better target audience in the philosophy / metaphysics.... forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Recently I have been wondering what life would be like on earth if we were truely free from work? If we no longer had to worry about our jobs and bills, what would we do? Would we use that lack of distraction to finally start thinking again, or would we just fill the void with more distraction? I am sure that a majority of people would just fill that void with more distraction, but for others it would be liberating.

I try to think of what it was like in biblical times. It makes sense to me that people were much more prone to having visions and "talking to god" back then because they were free to devote their time to such things. Unless you are homeless or independently wealthy, it is impossible to have that level of freedom to just think without distraction.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You are God and I am a figment of your imagination. This is how you amuse yourself, by forgetting your omnipotence.

Edited for spelling by the Matrix. Deja who?

[edit on 7/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree with you. In fact if we could do two things the world would be a better place. Remove our status as debt slaves, and give the existing technology for free energy to the people or develop it, (depending on your belief of it's existence) This would give people time to do other more important things.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

I just wonder how many people would use that time for "more important things"and how many would simply squander it. It would be interesting, that is for sure.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Call me ignorant but this sounds like a chicken and the egg scenario. How do you have a mind without life?

My current theory on life isn't very emotionally sensitive. It involves the multiverse and infinite monkey theorem.

If I'm right, I'm currently typing this message to you as a human being. In another alternate dimension - I'm typing it with my legs. In another I'm a sock puppet. In another the earth is being destroyed as it enters the sun's corona. And so on.

So my theory goes like this... The universe popped into existence and began an infinite number of scenarios - one of which is our reality. In all of these scenarios EVERYTHING that can happen will/is happening. Then at the right time, the universe will either implode or fizzle away - possibly, to start again some other time.

It is also my believe that these scenarios/dimensions/universes sometimes bump into each other. This is how I explain ghosts, some UFOs, bigfoot, time-travelers, Bermuda triangle and whatever else comes out of this crazy existence.

Life is a means to that end and I'm sure its a very infinitesimal piece... There's no divine will, we are simply a part of the chaos.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am still researching all this, but in a sense everyone is a little bit right... I believe. Everything Epsillion70 said is right on. Our minds are powerful tools, we are only able to start to understand.

obsidience I also agree with you too, some what. The multiverse and infinite monkey theorem. I also strongly believe there are many different dimensions that all exist a little different. The way I saw it though is more like this:
-I am in this reality.
-I have a choice to make a decision.(we make them everyday all the time)
-My decision results in certain consequences(good and/or bad).
-Repeat.

Inside my decision making I can "dimension jump".
I always choose the dimension where I end up having a good time, meeting new people, ect. Seems to be working for now, as I have been on vacation..... mmm ... all this life, and it gets sweeter the more I begin to understand. Shoo.. I'm leavin Weds. for another vacation. And already plannin the next one in Sept.

Kurt Vonnegut with the aliens that saw us without time and we look like a caterpillar.(They can see all of us)

Might I add a piece to the puzzle:

Our DNA holds all our genetic markers. I am no researcher, but I believe there are certain genetic markers in us that are just now being "turned on". Might I use the caterpillar/butterfly metaphor, wherein the caterpillars genetic markers in the DNA are activated and the transition begins.

Life is part of the mystery. Don't spend all your energies trying to figure out the "why's" in life.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I would halve to assume that we are talking about people that have been able to live lazily for their whole life. We are not starting fresh with everyone are we? If not I would say the average or majority of people would still squander their time.

But, if everyone started fresh- no preconditioning to all this we live in, I could speculate that there would be more people using their time for more important things.

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuffsaid420
Our minds are powerful tools, we are only able to start to understand.
-I am in this reality.
-I have a choice to make a decision.(we make them everyday all the time)
-My decision results in certain consequences(good and/or bad).
-Repeat..

Whoa!! Our minds really are powerful tools.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Reply to Obsidience:

"If I'm right, I'm currently typing this message to you as a human being. In another alternate dimension - I'm typing it with my legs. In another I'm a sock puppet. In another the earth is being destroyed as it enters the sun's corona. And so on."

"We are all just part of the chaos."

If this is true then one must ask, "Are these other me's really ME? Is there a me that transcends my physical being (and therefore the chaos)? Can it only be in one body at a time? Can it be in a body at all or does it just work it like a puppet?
Just some interesting questions.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Daniel,

I do believe that there is a connection between some of the other MEs but not all. I feel that connection is stronger in the realities that are closest to our own. It's also possible that certain minerals can have an effect such as quartz. Lets call a similar reality an S.R.

An S.R can deviate from similarity by many means. As nuffsaid earlier it can be a decision, it could also be a solar flare... Who knows? Deviations happen all the time and logically it seems like the number of S.Rs would decrease but that just means we don't understand the term "infinite". Deviations may start small but can yield a high net deviation as the butterfly effect postulates.

WE CAN AND DO CONNECT TO THOSE OTHER DIMENSIONS! Have you ever had deja vu? Could that be an SR that is a split second faster than your current reality? Ever get a phone call and know who it is that is calling you before you pick up? Have you ever avoided a car crash and have afterthoughts of what would have happened if you had hit the other car?

My only real evidence for this hypothesis is the shear volume of supernatural events. Something this forum is full of. I remember watching a show on the Sci Fi channel (forgot the name) in which a group went to AZ to research vortexes. During their trip someone snaps a shot of the dark desert. What was interesting was that after developing the photo they saw a man facing away from the camera - he had large ears and was wearing a flippin baseball cap! The photographer swore up and down that there was no one in front of him and the person on the picture looked like no-one on the team. This person on the photograph was doing the same thing they were, looking for a vortex! But from another reality! It was the clearest evidence I've ever seen because of the similarities this man had to our own universe. Events like ghost encounters, UFO's, bigfoot currently have rooted theories and it's a hard sell. The TV series "Sliders" wasn't a hit so that didn't help either.

Now do we have a soul that continues to exist in the Universe? I don't know but I can tell you that there are many universes that do! I hope we're one of them!

Take care,

Obsidience

[edit on 28-7-2008 by obsidience]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To further elucidate my own understandings of the mind/minds. To enhance ones conscious mind with clarity one must understand that the other dynamic subconscious mind which processes 20000000 bits of information per second as opposed to the conscious willful mind that can only do a measly 40.
One then senses the need to learn to coordinate ones activity through life in the now through the intuitive process of feeling with and what the dynamic mind is trying to communicate in each moment in time and space of its omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresensce of all things.
The problem arises when we wilfully choose to be non-focused in our day to day activities by giving in to the constant bombardment of todays societal distractions with all its sensory pollution that in essence detracts us from this most vital power sources within us.
Hence then we tend to find ourselves in situations that we percieve that are not so beneficiary for our oneself. Such as hate, anger, violence and wars.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70

The problem arises when we wilfully choose to be non-focused in our day to day activities by giving in to the constant bombardment of todays societal distractions with all its sensory pollution that in essence detracts us from this most vital power sources within us.
Hence then we tend to find ourselves in situations that we percieve that are not so beneficiary for our oneself. Such as hate, anger, violence and wars.

Perfect! Great thread. Thank you for stating the above Epsillion. I have noticed during my journey that the path we are trying to master is that of the mind. And just like any other path towards mastery we are presented daily with distractions all around.

I was talking to a friend about this and said; "Ya know, the path towards mastery, fulfillment , love, and happiness don't come easy. You must train and strive for success in your life. Every where you turn there will be distractions, what I call a tests. Everything around us is used to test us. We all have the potential to be and do what we want, but too many people keep themselves distracted their ENTIRE life."

I have to stay focused, which is difficult, I slip all the time, but I am continually practicing my skills and mastering the power of my mind, slowly but surely. For many people I believe(assume) that they don't have the patience(ha!) or if they can even see the path. I've tried before with students and your either ready or your not. Period. Some people will never be ready because they've conditioned themselves into a very concrete thought process.

We are all energy
Energy is vibrations
Vibrations are frequencies.
Do you know how many frequency ranges exist?
Way over 6 billion because there are that many people here, not including other plants and animals.
We are all different vibrations, that exist in the frequency spectrum.
That is why some people look a like, some people look like their animals, and so on...
They all reside in a similar frequency.

Make sense?

Im busy researching human consciousness at the moment, and probably will be the rest of my life to some degree.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What I see is god did what he said he would do. He's condemned us to eternal darkness. We are not living we just beleive we are, when really darkness is our only surrounding. O.K. that's the only way I agree.

How about this. Do to the invention of magnetic film and the computer we are just a projected image for god to reveiw and edit!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rightwingnut
What I see is god did what he said he would do. He's condemned us to eternal darkness. We are not living we just beleive we are, when really darkness is our only surrounding. O.K. that's the only way I agree.

How about this. Do to the invention of magnetic film and the computer we are just a projected image for god to reveiw and edit!!

LOL, thanks for the humor.

On a more serious note. I've already tried explaining this, but it is up to each individual to choose their own path. If you want to be in hell then well, it is right here on earth. I really don't see this "eternal darkness" you are talking about, partly because I tend to stay in the light where it is sunny and I can see.

Oh, BTW I am alive I am living I am being I am

Religion is another subject that I really don't think adds to this conversation either. Look it's not for me to decide on how you make sense of the world around you. This conversation is about our Mind and the power of it, so I pose a question to you rightwingnut: Have you ever explored your mind?(Meditation, Yoga, or any other activity that allows you to clear your thoughts and focus on the outside world)

The mind and it's possibilities are endless, and if your not in control of your own mind who is? Your God? Your Devil? who? I know I control my own mind, how do I know this, well until you are on the path of mastering your mind's possibilities my explanation will fall on deaf ears.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The biggest thing to remember, however, when considering that we create reality from our own consciousnesses, is that we are not alone in creating this reality. Everything that lives has a point of view. From the tiniest bacteria, to every cell in a blade of grass or your earlobe, to all the critters on the planet, including the 6 billion plus other people. So for every quantum wave function you collapse with your conscious mind, there are also millions of individual cells in your own body doing the same thing, and limiting you as a result.

So we live in a kind of holographic reality creation of all life everywhere (including any that might be floating around in space somewhere), of which we are but a teensy, tiny little part. In that same regard, however, when I die, the Universe will end with me, since my part of the hologram will blink out, blinking everything else out (as least as far as I'm concerned).

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
The biggest thing to remember, however, when considering that we create reality from our own consciousnesses, is that we are not alone in creating this reality. Everything that lives has a point of view. From the tiniest bacteria, to every cell in a blade of grass or your earlobe, to all the critters on the planet, including the 6 billion plus other people. So for every quantum wave function you collapse with your conscious mind, there are also millions of individual cells in your own body doing the same thing, and limiting you as a result.

So we live in a kind of holographic reality creation of all life everywhere (including any that might be floating around in space somewhere), of which we are but a teensy, tiny little part. In that same regard, however, when I die, the Universe will end with me, since my part of the hologram will blink out, blinking everything else out (as least as far as I'm concerned).

Fantastic inspiring posts everybody

I agree wholeheartedly Nohup with you here.
As I understand that yes we are co-creators in this epic Dream Holographic we are a part off.
One may ask what is the point? Well the point is We Are All ONE. Then we can simply see the idea that we are here to learn to try to be forgiving, understanding and loving to everyone and everything as being a part of our oneselfs.
Well that can take the next instant to learn or a few hundred lifetimes. It is all up to our freewill whether or not we consciously choose to use our mind to actually see the good in our fellow living entity or the projected illusory "bad" .

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I love you guys! LOL No really, I continue to enjoy this discussion with you all.

Nohup couldnt have explained it better. Im glad he took it there first. That is the problem I have run into. In realizing that we are the SUM of this holographic illusion that ALL living organisms are part of. I can't individually change my perception of what Trees look like and have them change by myself.

What if 1 million people were focused really focused on changing the way trees looked or just one focused thought in general. How about 200 million. Which leads me to thought forms(i wont explain now as I assume you already understand this). This already occurs on a mass scale, think religion or some huge event. Millions of people reciting the Koran all facing the same way... creating that huge thought form. Then these thought forms can become powerful enough to manipulate peoples will and their thought, albeit they are weak minded people that allow others to control their thoughts.

Still to early not enough coffee....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think i did the right thing. For twenty years I beleived all of my thoughts. It was very scary. First I needed a bases for believing the thought. So I chose to believe in a past life. My horror was I had gone to some different place and there wasn't even dejavu to explain why somethings were true.

Going to that next level takes courage, the relief of inhibitions. A religion, as you can see, takes a belief in the unseen, very little, tangible proof exist today in those beliefs. I believe in a god because that belief, is what has carried me through some parts of life. I went on that trip because your "project your own existence" doesn't offer a life everlasting, a god almighty did.

So what can we believe about my trip scientifically. That I beleived these things so strongly that I projected them into other minds, making them reality.

How many times have you been under the power of suggestion? Simply, you are thinking of a song and someone else starts humming it.

Most of the things we think we've experienced by some extra power, have been thoughts laying dormant in our sub-concious. Scientifically, most of the things I experienced were things I already knew, so at some point I had to be exposed to them.

When we rationalize, take the facts and form a conclusion, we are doing our best projection of our lives. Interestingly enough we are true to form because we have used facts.

I agree that the mind is very powerful. I don't believe that construction of its delusions are neccessary for mental progress. Its simple use is for the monitoring of your anatomic functions, this ultra use is a distraction, often concurrent with stroke and the insuing heart attack.

Right now I'm in skits-ville, I believe I should be at the center of every notable happening. I'm cynical because I know that I'm not there nor will I do anything else. I am substituting the thought of loss or harm for something humorous.

The trip beyond reality has left me egotistical, I've found a place in my mind I truly enjoy, I'm just scared of those medical side affects. I think were all looking for the power to influence others with our minds, and the only answer to that is real. Just learn all that you can.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thank you rightwingnut for your honest and candid post on your experience in life.
From my own understanding from different readings of channelled and esoteric and metaphysical writings. I understand that there are at least 5 levels of consciousness that are seemingly adjacent to our own level of reality.
I believe these can sometimes be viewed in instantaneous moments as a flicker of light or as a percieved entity in your periphery of ones vision. This information may also help to explain why we sometimes feel things like Deja'vu etc and a host of other flashes of conscious alternate non-physical and physical Verses etc.
I believe the key is to always be centered within yourself and Open-minded to what your senses show you in any given moment of time and space

new topics

top topics

join