It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: Messiah Mentality and Hope will be our Undoing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Researching and digging for the truth takes many of us into strange places. We discover underground bases all over the world, connected by magnetic rail lines traveling faster than the speed of sound. Then there's the reptilians, like Bush and Martha Stewart.

Often times we read accounts of such detail and complexity that we may begin to believe in tales based purely on speculation.

There is plenty of information out there to sort through, and many members of this site have taken admirable steps to break it down and present it in a logical manner; citing sources all the way.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is much more going on than most people are aware of. Us plebes have been losing our freedom incrementally over the last couple of centuries. The loss appears to be speeding up, and there may come a time when it is no longer technically or strategically possible to regain our freedom.

I can not address what those of you living outside of the United States are experiencing, but I dare speculate that although you may not be heading down the same path as us in these United States, you share the same destination.

Here in these United States, we have experienced rigged elections, massive corruption, a major absence of accountability, extortion, manipulation, physical and psychological abuse, contempt, and exploitation. These actions have been brought upon the people either by direct or indirect action of the federal and various state and local governments. Evidence a bounds as to how this predicament has come to evolve; but the generic narrative is that rich and greedy people have infiltrated and/or influenced the government and proceeded to change policy to suit there machiavellian schemes.

A few examples are; the federal reserve bank, income taxes, the several wars and military actions, the energy market, the media, globalization, the war on drugs, the prison system, and the DMV.

Those topics are only the tip of the iceberg, the corruption runs deep and the usurpation is nearly complete. We're being dumbed down, poisoned, and enslaved. The constitution has not been followed as the supreme law of the land since at least 1861. The level of bureaucracy we face now is strangulating. The game has been rigged against us and it's almost over, so why aren't we lifting a damn finger to turn the tables?

I propose that a big part of our apathy stems from a belief; no matter how faint and subconscious; that something or someone is going to come along and change everything for us.

Christianity calls this event Armageddon, and many believe that it's on it's way thanks to their sociopathic leadership. The same could be said for many Muslims. Buddhist's, well, they typically like to wait things out. It could be said that most religions have a component built into them to prevent their followers from taking action against their tyrannical governments, it usually takes the form of cognitive dissonance.

But what about those of us that don't buy into the dogma and have done the work to prove to ourselves that we are facing a monumental crisis? It seems that too many good people have taken their research into the hazy metaphysical realms and have been absorbed into the 2012 cult. They have been infected with a mind virus that makes them wait just as those who believe in Armageddon do.

The evidence that is often cited for a 2012 event is the Mayan calendar. It truly is a remarkable calendar but there is no solid evidence that it predicts a 2012 event, there is not even any solid evidence that the calendar ends in 2012.

Some people reference Terrence McKenna's timewave zero, but his theory runs on numerology. McKenna was a brilliant man, but the primary basis of the claim that his theory validates a 2012 event because the graph zeros in 2012 is a shaky coincidence.

A magnetic pole reversal can not be predicted by science.

The noosphere and omega point are speculative, and the technological singularity probably won't be feasible for another century.

The frequency shift is a novel idea, and is even supported by quantum physics, but what indicator is there that 2012 will herald such a shift?
I'm surely leaving out a few of the theories, but in any case it should be clear that there is no substantial evidence that anything is going to occur to bail us out.

We need to stop waiting and take responsibility. Here in these United States it is everyones duty to discharge the government when it becomes tyrannical. The executive branch has failed in it's duty, as has the judicial branch, congress, and sadly, the states as well. The usurpers are counting on us to fail in our duty as well, we are no better than President Bush if we disregard the constitution and stand by as the concept of liberty dies. We the people are the last line of defense.

Here is the statue that makes our revolution legal, it is called the right of revolution.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

[edit on 28-7-2008 by wingman77]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

I fully agree with you on the "mentality of victim waiting for a savior" is indeed the problem, which I myself am guilty of.
While I understand what the "Right of Revolution" is saying, I don't understand the limits of the abuses which it speaks of. This is part of the problem I believe and where law becomes difficult. It seems to me that the "abuses" would only be qualified if they were shown in court, but then we know about how the legal system is don't we.If revolution, then how? Dead does not equal revolution as bloody revolution produces nothing, but the forcing of will over another and not the changing of mind needed from the individuals partsI like your post though it makes me consider. Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A revolution can take many forms, but the violent ones are traditionally more successful.

A total purge of the government is necessary. Laws need to be stricken from the books, and new ones must be created to prevent corporatism and cancer like growth in the government.

How is this possible in a system in which the media is controlled and the elections are rigged?

Perhaps we could just ignore the government, refuse to recognize its authority. Don't pay your taxes, don't purchase anything that brings profit to corporations, quit your job if you work for a corporation or a business that produces goods for a corporation, and form new community level councils to solve local issues.

The problem with that method of revolution is that it needs a large base of people in the beginning to ever get off the ground. It's not too pretty living that way if you're practically alone in it. I'm trying it myself.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
A revolution can take many forms, but the violent ones are traditionally more successful.

A total purge of the government is necessary. Laws need to be stricken from the books, and new ones must be created to prevent corporatism and cancer like growth in the government.

How is this possible in a system in which the media is controlled and the elections are rigged?

Perhaps we could just ignore the government, refuse to recognize its authority. Don't pay your taxes, don't purchase anything that brings profit to corporations, quit your job if you work for a corporation or a business that produces goods for a corporation, and form new community level councils to solve local issues.

The problem with that method of revolution is that it needs a large base of people in the beginning to ever get off the ground. It's not too pretty living that way if you're practically alone in it. I'm trying it myself.

Good Points. I believe boycotts would be one peaceful solutions, but as you say, you need to have a huge base to work from of committed individuals.
I can tell you that the hardest thing for me to do, is to look in the mirror, and truly ask myself if I am willing to make the changes, that I am hypocritical on to often.
Because I am the only example of true will (do or don't do) which I follow, I am the measurement for my own empathy and apathy towards others, hence my outlook on others positive or negative. What I see right now are a lot of people that are asleep...and happy being that way. I have tried waking some of these only to find, they are not ready to wake up.
As far as violence goes, it begets violence. True men and women need uphold justice between one another, otherwise, no law given by men or god will ever hold true, as only truth can ring with an individual. I saw someones signature on here and it made perfect sense, paraphrasing, "Truth can not be told, only perceived"

new topics

top topics

join