It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Killer Whales and Animal Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hello All,

I was reading another thread on here about the concept of evil and evil members on ATS. One person in the thread said no animal kills for fun. I would say for the most part that seems to be correct, but i remeber when i was young seeing killer whales torturing still living seal on TV. I thought it was horrific. so i looked for it on you tube.

In watching the video i realized I was wrong. yes the killer whales do play volley ball with the still living seal pups. but they eat all the ones they catch. the scientist say that the killer whales are actually practicing for later in the season when the seals are older and faster and will be harder to catch.

And if at the end of the day when the whales are done practicing the seal is still alive, they will return the seal to shore! Simply Amazing!

so do the killer whales do this out of compassion? or do they do it out of some sort of grasping of the subject of karma knowing that if they return the pup instead of killing it for no reason they will have food later on in the year?

If so i would say killer whales are more spiritually mature than quite a few cruel people! just how much do animals really understad?

watch the video!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well in the video it says that each of the whales need to consume 3 pups a day, so in a way you could think of the whales as children, because it seems that just like a child when there done playing with something they put it away. So imho I think that they're just putting away the play thing

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

you must have been a good child then! i know i sure didnt normally put my toys away. if it was up to me i would have just left them wherever they fell. too much work to put them away.

at least till my mother came after me with the belt! haha.

but that is part of what i find so amazing about these whales. they had to go out of their way to put the battered seal back on land...they could have easily just left the seal deep in the ocean when they were done, leaving it to drowned. but they dont!

i wonder just what these whales are thinking. surely they must be thinking something. it does not seem like some sort of instinct to me. it seems like they are understanding creatures. really wild to think about.

join