It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN Millennium Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
UN Millennium Project

I am starting this thread to discuss the UN Mellennium Project and its possible effects. I do not know much about it. It was brought to my attention in a recent thread I was reading concerning 2nd Amendment rights(in the US). In that thread someone states that signing on to this treaty would lead to the loss of the 2nd Amendment.

This thread is meant to provide a place to discuss the various aspects of the UN Millennium Project, the pros, the cons, and what effects they will have on the "American way of life". Comments on how this will affect other areas of the world are also wanted and encouraged. At this point I do not consider it a good thing or a bad thing, as I have very little knowledge of it.

I would also like to discuss what the current Presidential candidates opinions on this are.

I dont want this to turn into a 2nd amendment arguement or McCain VS Obama type of thread, like I said I would like this to center around the UN Millenium Project.

Alright, what are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

They seem to be off to a poor start. But apparently it is a long term project as they have 1000 years to show improvement.

I have no doubt that what remains of the earths population in 50 years will be much better off than they are today, in a statistical sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Just wanted to add this that I found in Wiki:

Millenium Development Goals

The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) were developed out of the eight chapters of the United Nations Millennium Declaration, signed in September 2000. The eight goals and 21 targets include

1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
-Halve, between 1990 and 2015, the proportion of people whose
income is less than one dollar a day.
-Achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all, including women and young people.
-Halve, between 1990 and 2015, the proportion of people who suffer from hunger.

2. Achieve universal primary education
-Ensure that, by 2015, children everywhere, boys and girls alike, will be able to complete a full course of primary schooling.

3. Promote gender equality and empower women
-Eliminate gender disparity in primary and secondary education preferably by 2005, and at all levels by 2015.

4. Reduce child mortality
-Reduce by two-thirds, between 1990 and 2015, the under-five mortality rate.

5. Improve maternal health
-Reduce by three quarters, between 1990 and 2015, the maternal mortality ratio.
-Achieve, by 2015, universal access to reproductive health.

6. Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
-Have halted by 2015 and begun to reverse the spread of HIV/AIDS.
-Achieve, by 2010, universal access to treatment for HIV/AIDS for all those who need it.
-Have halted by 2015 and begun to reverse the incidence of malaria and other major diseases.

7. Ensure environmental sustainability
-Integrate the principles of sustainable development into country policies and programmes; reverse loss of environmental resources.
-Reduce biodiversity loss, achieving, by 2010, a significant reduction in the rate of loss.
-Halve, by 2015, the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation (for more information see the entry on water supply).
-By 2020, to have achieved a significant improvement in the lives of at least 100 million slum-dwellers.

8. Develop a global partnership for development
-Develop further an open trading and financial system that is rule-based, predictable and non-discriminatory. Includes a commitment to good governance, development and poverty reduction—nationally and internationally.
-Address the special needs of the least developed countries. This includes tariff and quota free access for their exports; enhanced programme of debt relief for heavily indebted poor countries; and cancellation of official bilateral debt; and more generous official development assistance for countries committed to poverty reduction.
-Address the special needs of landlocked and small island developing States.
-Deal comprehensively with the debt problems of developing countries through national and international measures in order to make debt sustainable in the long term.
-In cooperation with developing countries, develop and implement strategies for decent and productive work for youth.
-In cooperation with pharmaceutical companies, provide access to affordable essential drugs in developing countries.
-In cooperation with the private sector, make available the benefits of new technologies, especially information and communications.

At least at first glance it appears like a decent plan, though I do have to say that some of these timelines are gonna be fairly impossible to reach...

Once again what are your thoughts?

[edit on 28-7-2008 by XTexan]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I think they are off to fantastic start at the first goal. Eradicating the poor.

I would not be surprised, if they manage to exceed their goals.
H5N1 has about an 80% mortality rate. Their goal is only 50%.

Once hunger and general poor health have a chance to weaken immune systems. The flu should take off like wildfire through the world's population.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The goals seem good at first glance and I agree with them. Forgive me, I couldn't find much info on it, but who regulates the UN's methods of achieving these goals? What if "halving" proportions is achieved by eradication? The fact the people who designed this thing included world bankers (I googled un millennium project, looked at the first site)... well when have they ever helped the people as a whole?

Many make the claim that the UN has no real power, but if our governments sign it what powers would be granted? Most governments nowadays allow martial law (yes, now in the US). Some have alluded to a sort of martial law scenario, where the UN would go around setting up "governments" or institutions to provide these goals, or even going door to door around already developed nations in order to "make sure" that all the goals are met.

I don't think we have anything to worry about as there are many other ways to eradicate people, but history often shows that the bad steps taken to gain control are often dressed up in this way.

I'd LOVE MORE INFO as everything I search for on the subject doesn't really go into any detail... is it secretive or just good intentions without a real plan yet?

new topics

top topics

join