It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Bless Helen Thomas!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
To "Bout Time":

In My Opinion; Some of your criticism of "Mason" was perhaps justified, for he does tend to get carried away with his critique of the Post and the Poster. But perhaps some of your criticism was excessive. But I must take umbrage with your cynical statement to Moderator Crowne, it was neither justified or pertinent. And I do believe that upon reflection you will see that to be true.

To: "Observer"

May I congratulate you on your excellent and thoughtful Post concerning the overall Iraq conflict. It was thought provoking and clearly states the RIGHT reasons for a conflict with Saddam .

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
We'd rather not have Bush's administration be critiqued by lies.

Sincerely,
no signature

And those lies are? No reporter has lied about anything in asking questions of the Bush Administration.

I suppose this is your standard for journalistic integrity

Not to linger on the obvious, but there is a certain Zig Heil quality to your choice of words.

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by Bout Time]

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Excuse me? It's "Sieg Heil" if I'm not mistaken, and it's your "Helen" whoms shouting it, not I.

Her words are no different than Nazi Slander, and you're blinded by them under the guise that she is "exposing" Bush. Well she's not, she's casting slander, and if this were a more sinister plot, it'd be no different than how the Nazis slandered the Jews and Communists.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the German clarification; I don't say it as often.
So your position is that Ari Fleisher has never been obtuse, noncommittal or opaque?
And before you give the response I think you will, I'll let you know that I have C-Span on in my office everyday and see his Press Briefings regularly.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well B-T I hate to tell you this but anyone who watches the T.V. Media is a fool, there is no more intelligence nor truth left in it

I don't like most reporters and journalists call them what ever, "informationalists" they all are mostly like Helen these days...sickening.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Bout time - you watch cspan all day, probably Bloomberg also, and spend countless hours spreading your empty demagoguery all around ATS, you can't be getting a whole lot of work done there! (uh, I wanna job like yours!)

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Freemason - do you know what Cspan is?

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yes I do, but I've never really watched it because I really don't watch much TV at all, unless a good movie is on
And it hast to be GOOOD!

Oh and the simpsons//futurama//king of the hill all that stuff on Sunday nights just rocks!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
of course you watch simpsons//futurama//king of the hill

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well B-T I hate to tell you this but anyone who watches the T.V. Media is a fool, there is no more intelligence nor truth left in it

I don't like most reporters and journalists call them what ever, "informationalists" they all are mostly like Helen these days...sickening.

Sincerely,
no signature

Helen Thomas: I'm sure you've not read her and your reactionary response is not based on a body of work, but what you some how have come to perceive as being a traitor to the Bush Reich by doing her job; yell as you might, we still are a democracy - not a fascist state.
Yet another point of education for you: C-Span is the purest most unadulterated view to our government available to us - no comment, no talking heads wrapping up their interpretation of what we thought the government official said - just a cold unopinionated camera focused on the weasels.
The Media Whores(informationalists is too kind), I strongly agree, have been using kid gloves and protecting of everything Bush. That's why there is a push to create a new, non-profit news source.

The part I don't get is that Press Secretaries are low lifes by definition of the job, no exceptions. Ari happens to be the worst in my lifetime. It is the most basic and necessary fight - the citizens advocate (reporter) taking to task the mouthpiece for the government who forgot it's the people they serve (Ari).

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
No I percieve her as a WORMTONGUE as was so elloquently put by J.R.R Tolkien. In this article she is doing nothing more than hissing with her forked tongue.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Bout time - you watch cspan all day, probably Bloomberg also, and spend countless hours spreading your empty demagoguery all around ATS, you can't be getting a whole lot of work done there! (uh, I wanna job like yours!)

Wilting under the facts, Buckeye-Boy!?!
You know the only 'empty' demagoguery floating around here is all, and I mean ALL, pro Bush!
As for my 12 hour + days, I make my bones!

I always have several windows open, and have my headphones on talking to IT folk.
You're one, you know they're not very deep thinkers or conversationalist!

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No I percieve her as a WORMTONGUE as was so elloquently put by J.R.R Tolkien. In this article she is doing nothing more than hissing with her forked tongue.

Sincerely,
no signature

Aaaaaaah, there we go!
Watch several Ari press briefings and we'll pick this back up, ok?
And just when you had me convinced you were a stark raving fool short a chromosone, you profess your viewership of the best show on American television....The Simpsons! Doh!

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think Helen T's question was similar to the old " so are you still abusing your wife?" I believe they are refered to as leading questions!! She sneers at Mr. F " so Mr Bush condones bombing innocent Iraqis?
I hate to blast you libs with the harsh light of reality but the only innocent Iraqis are their women and children. Our own founders advised us that it is the RIGHT AND THE DUTY of citizens to rise up and throw off the chains of tyranny. How long could Saddam and his minions last if the whole of the male population found the courage to rise up and remove the tyrant and his puppets? But that will not happen because to many of the citizens of Iraq are either afraid or approve of their dictator. They have licked his hand to long to know what freedom is. so the leader speaks the will of his people and thru their inaction they approve so they are just as cullpable as Saddam.
Too long the US has stood by and took the insults and venom hurled at it by the rest of the world. Too long the world has envied the US. Too long the US has slept and let the tyrants and dictators have their run .......WELL time has come for the rest of the world to get a good example of what happens when you poke the Giant. The mighty fist of liberty will make an example of Saddam and his Republican guard AGAIN!! Thats just so the rest of you dont get any crazy ideas!

Oh and who said we live in a DEMOCRACY anyway This is a REPUBLIC PAL!!!!

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by GRENADIER]

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
You'd rather that the Press Secretary of the United States be given full reign to lie as he sees fit?

Certainly not, the press is supposed to be the watchdog of the government, not the lapdog. The problem is, Helen is extremely tilting to the left and twists comments and warps questions to the the Republican politicians while largely giving those with whom she shares philosophies a free pass. This I've noticed for many years.
Warping and twisting a speaker's comments and putting words in someone's mouth is not necessary when not giving someone free rein at the podium.

I believe Grenadier put it well enough, but I felt the need to respond to you, B-T, so you'd know I still love you. Been kinda busy at work lately and not much time for here, but it shouldn't last more than a week or two more. The overtime $$ is nice, but 7 days a week gets old and really cuts into beertime!

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Aw Shucks! I hear you, here I am for most of my Saturday, sitting in my office, working & watching snowmobile riders at the end of my property going by, and fighting the urge to let 125lbs of Cane Corso bitch go rip out some parka stuffing! It's a six acre run, which she's almost caught some deer in before they reach the tree line ( she did catch a turkey!), but there's about two feet of snow back there and it would be moot. Having a two farms and Fed land as my borders gets me this sort of stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Grenadier

1) I'm Not a Liberal
2) Watch Ari for three press confrences, from the mundane to when something juicy comes out again, and you'll understand Ms.Thomas's ire over that scum bag. Besides using the tactic of picking only mediawhores in on the scam to ask questions, he'll then go to foreign paper reporters over real ones.....they're so happy to get a nod, they toss him a softball. That's how it goes all the time.

3) Iraq attacked us ....when? Funded what agrression? On scale, Saddam is no worse to his people than most of the regimes we call our buddies in the region, he's disobeyed less UN resolutions than Israel, North Korea and a host of African wingnuts, only has about 40% of his country to work with - the rest is nofly zones and the other two thirds of the three ethnic groups ( his group is the smallest of the three). Will folks rise up and topple him? Sure , the guys hourglass sand has been diminishing with each free Kurd strengthing Kurdistan, with each Shiite growing more Westernized in Iran.
Is it in our best interests? I don't believe so. This administration is talking the long term perspective to our economic problems....they should apply that same viewpoint to the Middle East, OPEC and overall Blowback against US interests globally, both terror and economic.

4) My bad, we are a Republic.

5) I'm a 100% Damn Yankee, don't let the fact that I am strongly Anti-Bush lead you to believe anything BUT that.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Background: George W. Bush was denied his first choice, the University of Texas, based on poor grades. He also later was denied Law School entry for the same reason. He got into Yale & Harvard based on a legacy admission - an affirmitive action for the dumb & rich. He obviously has no problem with that sort of affirmative action, just the kind that helps poor whites & minorities or country bumpkins.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Q You said the President is against racial preferences because they're divisive. Is he against other preferences that colleges and universities routinely grant that people see as unfair? Like the one he got?

MR. FLEISCHER: I understand -- I understand all the interest and the specific questions dealing with the review of the University of Michigan case --

Q That is not what I'm asking.

MR. FLEISCHER: -- and the implications that come from whatever decision is made. I'm not going to go beyond --

Q I'm asking a question about fairness.

MR. FLEISCHER: -- I'm not going to go beyond where I've gone, because --

Q All right. Let me --

MR. FLEISCHER: -- be able to base it on reason and judge for yourself once you see what the President has concluded and why he's concluded it. And he'll share his thoughts.

Q But the general question about his feeling about fairness in America. When he was 18, he got into Yale University, which had and still has a policy of granting very special preferences to children of graduates, like him. Is that preference okay, to give him a leg up, but other preferences are not?

MR. FLEISCHER: I think you're going to have a good understanding of how the President approaches the issue of opportunity and diversity when the President shares his thoughts publicly -- which is going to be, as I indicated, in some short period of time.

(*note: It seems Ms.Thomas has inspired some testicular fortitude in the Press Corp. !* )

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join