It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Jesus's Disciples cannibals?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
yea i guess i was once a symobolic cannibal. or symbolistic cannibal. whatever i like trying new types of meat. i like sushi, alligator, raccoon, cat, and i would imagine human flesh would be tasty.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
People have accused, with little or no basis of being canabals for nearly 2000 years. Christians weren't then, and they aren't now. Maybe there have a been a few sickos out there, but every group of more than one person will have some proportion of sickos (no, it's the other guy).

The communion table is to a reminder to the church of what Jesus suffered to make us right with God. We participate in his death. The symbolism is two fold. By participating in the communion, we particiapate in death for which we are responsible, and we participate in his suffering by which can be absolved from responsibility.

Both things, guilt and cleansing have already happend. Communion is a reminder. Not canabalism. There is no meat or blood involved, just wafer/bread and wine/juice, just like the first supper with our Lord.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
In a sense....he was implying cannibalism, but of the spiritual kind.....

Are you *also* getting a flashback to Heinlein's STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND and Michael Valentine...? Or did you grok that at all?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Back even before Christianity, pagan religions used to break bread as a sign of brotherhood. Christ knew that and did the same, linking the bread and wine of the communion with his own body and blood. What he is saying is 'Eat this bread, drink this wine and when you do so, think of what I did for you. Remember my body broken on the cross and my blood that flowed that you may be saved'.

Most Christians believe it to be a symbolic act. Catholics, however, believe in what they call the 'Miracle of Transubstantiation' whereupon the eucharist actually becomes Christs body and blood in the form of bread and wine (it doesn't actually change form).
To the Catholics, the communion wafer actually becomes Christ's body and is venerated as such.

Personally one of the reasons I left Catholicism (apart from seeing the imbalance in Monotheistic religions) was that I had a serious problem with transubstantiation.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
O.K i am not a religious person as you already know,but i was watching a movie(chinese movie) and there was a scene where people were singing about eating the body of Christ and drinking his blood. this suddenly struck me that the disciples might have been cannibals
i wanna hear peoples opinons on this.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by drunk]
My grammar sucks

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by drunk]

alrighty, i agree with you! interestingly, strange idea...but ive thought the same thing for along time.

in my good old catholic school (gag gag gag death gag!) they were talking about communion and were like "now is the eucharist the real body and blood of christ or a symbol?"

i, being a prick, said "a symbol, of course!"

in which they responded, "WRONG! The protestants may say that, but actually, you are truly eating the body and blood of christ, his soul."

THIS WEIRDED ME OUT SO BAD! but then it didnt, because i realized something a few years later. religion like that completely blows up the purpose of the stories of jesus and makes them into this corporate crap to support the church instead of believing in what you choose to believe. the bread and wine comes from boxes and bottles all mass produced and profited from. so it really is the body and blood of their jesus, their jesus being the god of money, power, and controll.

scary huh?!?!?!?1

but yeah, at first, until i made my multi-jesus theory, i was afraid the catholics were abunch of cannibals, freaked me the hell out!

pixy- hahaha you left catholicism too? i left it in about the....5th grade!

wait...no.....2nd

***and whoever said the thing about trying new types of meat and assuming that human flesh might be tasty...mmm......i agree!

its funny, earlier in a different thread i told the story of how i ate jesus for breakfast.

illpost the story up here.

[Edited on 3-12-04 by Scat]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
here we go, the story of Jesus Puffs......

it all started when I first saw this:

So, I decided to make a shirt that says "Jesus is my Breafast Cereal" and see if anybody notices...on the back its gonna say...mmmmm...Jesus......tastes like chicken!

ok ok ok, that might seem really weird to those of yall who arent familiar with the cereal im gonna make, its called "Jesus Puffs"

the slogans are-
"A Miracle in Every Box!"
and
"Why Have COmmunion Just Once a Week When You Can Have it Every Morning?!"

blasphemus? (if i could spell the word!)

NO!

why? because jesus is my homeboy, we keep it real, remember???

so does this make me a cannibal? hmm....in one word...YES!

well...not really.....im probably just gonnna be cheap and take a box of Pops! and paint it over....but fair enough right?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Maybe when Jesus told them to eat the bread and drink the wine, he meant for them to take him in. Like, take him in their bodies, souls, minds, and accept him.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I for one do believe it is the true body and blood of the lord. if it was his symbol he would of said it was just a symbol, but he told the apostles.

" This is my body "

Also in 1 corinthians it says that if you don't examine yourself before recieving this sacrafice you will be guilty of judgement and the body and blood of God, which would imply its much more than a symbol.

Also there have been alot of eucharistic miracles in wich the body and blod has turned into real body and blood on the alter like in italy in the 8th century.

www.christusrex.org...

This was an instant in which the priest doubted the real pesence, and upon consecration it literally turned into real human flesh and blood.

Its real flesh and blood, yet its still a clean offering talked about in Malachi, the new sacrafice of christ which would spread throughout the entire world.

God Bless.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
that's because jesus is down with the
string theory.

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
string theory.

huh????

i have no idea what youre talking about

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

Originally posted by panchovilla
string theory.

huh????

i have no idea what youre talking about

Neither does panchovilla

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
www.pbs.org...

i can't believe you've never heard of string theory.?
but surely being the intelligent wells of wisdom that you are you already inherently knew the gist it?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry but i fail too see the relevance here.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
infinite parallel universes simutaneously existing.

or a far away mirror world

where the cracker is actual human flesh and goblets of real veno(blood).

here it appears to be symbolic, but there which is actually reality just located somewhere else, but still the same or posibbly connected by the ceremonial consumption of bread(but really flesh) veno(really blood)

that is how it seemed relevant to me

sorry if that is too much of a stretch

peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Come to think of it good little theory there never thought of it like, glad you explained it for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join