It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Jesus's Disciples cannibals?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
O.K i am not a religious person as you already know,but i was watching a movie(chinese movie) and there was a scene where people were singing about eating the body of Christ and drinking his blood. this suddenly struck me that the disciples might have been cannibals
i wanna hear peoples opinons on this.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by drunk]
My grammar sucks

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
C'mon you religious dudes reply!!!!!!

PLEASE.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
They're trying not to laugh....they are referring to the Transubstantiation that occurs during communion...

I'll agree that Jesus' wording was pretty weird though....hehe....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Eating the bread and drinking the wine are symbolic. It is an overt act a person does to manifest their faith.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by piboy
Eating the bread and drinking the wine are symbolic. It is an overt act a person does to manifest their faith.

So its a hoax then>???????

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Go see "Passion of Christ" and you'll get it, hehe... Don't worry, I know you're in Hong Kong, so there likely isn't too much main stream Christianity there....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
We eat the host (small wafer thing) and drink wine, which symbolize Jesus' body and blood, respectively.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Go see "Passion of Christ" and you'll get it, hehe... Don't worry, I know you're in Hong Kong, so there likely isn't too much main stream Christianity there....

I might see it i like a Mel Gibson movie but Gaz i wanna hear what the other religious buffs opinions first.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Drunk, Are you for REAL drunk all the time?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Huh?

Just cos i post something like this you have to say this sort of thing

Besides do you have anything to contribute or not?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ok, in order to join Christ's kingdom in heaven, and absolve one's self, he invited his followers to symbolically drink of his blood, and eat of his flesh, to become more divine.

In the ceremony, the wine is spiritually transformed into the blood of Christ, whereas the wafer (or bread) is spiritually transformed into the flesh of Christ.

Does that help?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Huh?

Just cos i post something like this you have to say this sort of thing

Besides do you have anything to contribute or not?

I was just joking, sorry to up set you.

I thought from the sarcasm from the rest of the post you would have realized it. sorry

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is what Jesus says when they do that ceremony.

Take this all of you and drink from it. This is my blood of the new and ever lasting covenenant witch has been given up for you.

It goes soemthing like that. Jesus passes the cup of wine around the table and all of his disciples drink it. It symbols his blood and the new and ever lasting covenant. The disciples will follow him for eternity.

Then Jesus passes out a wafer and says the same thing. Take this all of you and eat from it. This is my body witch has been given up for you.

So its them pledging there ever lasting faith to them by accepting his "body"

Make sense chief?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ok, in order to join Christ's kingdom in heaven, and absolve one's self, he invited his followers to symbolically drink of his blood, and eat of his flesh, to become more divine.

In the ceremony, the wine is spiritually transformed into the blood of Christ, whereas the wafer (or bread) is spiritually transformed into the flesh of Christ.

Does that help?

Spiritually u say so was he imposing that he wanted his disciples tp be cannibals.

Spittin Cobra> i know most of the time i am sarcastic but i a can be sensible and serious(well try to be at times)

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
This is what Jesus says when they do that ceremony.

Take this all of you and drink from it. This is my blood of the new and ever lasting covenenant witch has been given up for you.

It goes soemthing like that. Jesus passes the cup of wine around the table and all of his disciples drink it. It symbols his blood and the new and ever lasting covenant. The disciples will follow him for eternity.

Then Jesus passes out a wafer and says the same thing. Take this all of you and eat from it. This is my body witch has been given up for you.

So its them pledging there ever lasting faith to them by accepting his "body"

Make sense chief?

Yaeh so it was a covern or a some sort sadistic cult then?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Drunk, I get the distinct feeling that you're somehow trying to belittle Christianity, make it look bad, or make people who believe in it look bad. All of your remarks have been negative, and it kind of seems like you're not looking for the info, you're just trying to pull it out of us so you can make Christianity look bad. I dont think that's a good thing to do at all, please have some respect. If this isn't your intention, I apologize, but that's what its starting to look like.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Drunk, I get the distinct feeling that you're somehow trying to belittle Christianity, make it look bad, or make people who believe in it look bad. All of your remarks have been negative, and it kind of seems like you're not looking for the info, you're just trying to pull it out of us so you can make Christianity look bad. I dont think that's a good thing to do at all, please have some respect. If this isn't your intention, I apologize, but that's what its starting to look like.

Its not my intention if you had read my original post i saw this in a movie wanna hera what others say since when have my posts been negative? O.k i am sorry if that's how this seems but i am just curious

And i am not making Chritianity look bad thats how you see it.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I could never see Christianity looking bad, your comments merely give me the idea that that's what you're trying to do. Things like:

"Yaeh so it was a covern or a some sort sadistic cult then?"
"Spiritually u say so was he imposing that he wanted his disciples tp be cannibals."
"So its a hoax then>???????"

Like I said, if that isn't your intention, I apologize. But the way you say things makes me think you're not probing us Christians merely for information.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I could never see Christianity looking bad, your comments merely give me the idea that that's what you're trying to do. Things like:

"Yaeh so it was a covern or a some sort sadistic cult then?"
"Spiritually u say so was he imposing that he wanted his disciples tp be cannibals."
"So its a hoax then>???????"

Like I said, if that isn't your intention, I apologize. But the way you say things makes me think you're not probing us Christians merely for information.

Hey these are the way i ask questions, with no malicious thoughts just curious.
I dont mean to make Christians look bad i just wann hear some views thats all i dont label people.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Spiritually u say so was he imposing that he wanted his disciples tp be cannibals.

In a sense....he was implying cannibalism, but of the spiritual kind.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join