It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Could You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have had a copy of this for a couple of years now, and as an animal lover it means a great deal to me.
I STRONGLY urge you to grab a tissue or two, because no one with a heart makes it through this without one.
I literally sob when I read this.

www.canadasguidetodogs.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Oh man... that's written well. It bothers me that people buy their pets as an accent to their social status. I truly believe that having a large pet in the city is cruel to the animal.

Thank you for sharing this

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh my gosh that's so true and exactly why all my critters are rescues. My 17 year old terrier has a forever home with me our big baby Brody was on his last day. He was scheduled to be put down the next day. He was considered difficult to adopt because he's huge and middle aged but if you look into his eyes how could I turn away from him. I prefer older dogs and when the sad day comes that I lose one of mine I will again adopt an older dog.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That was sad.

Reminded me of my old dog molly.
Who just followed me and my mom home from the park one day.
She was old and died like a year later.
But she was still my dog.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Oh that made me sad,

Im glad that in the UK they dont really put animals down in shelters,

But too many owners just get pets and get rid of them,

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

Yes I feel your pain. I have 3 and 2 are rescues. The oldest is 16 and I am preparing for the day when he leaves. Moving piece from the OP.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I really liked it, but it remeinded me of this, I thought you'd enjoy it.

A Cat Named Ugly

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Frank Spinelli

Oh gosh, now I'm a real mess..
When I was a child my aunt volunteered at a shelter in a big city.
They brought in this cat, that would have been a beautiful black fluffy thing, were it not for the missing fur on his back where he had been burned by some chemical. Figuring he would not be adopted, as his fur would never grow properly there again, she took him home, and affectionately called him "UGLY" or just "UG" for short. I loved to snuggle with him whenever I visited her.

Yep..I'm a complete wreck right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

Are you talking about Paris Hilton? I know a few people that carry a small dog around like that like it's a part of there outfit!

I'm not much of a dog person, great poem though!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wow.. that post and poem really made me tear up..It sickens me to hear that ppl dispose of animals when they become inconvenient.

I had stumbled upon a blog that i would like to share. i do not feel the author of this blog is being callous.. and i would hope that the day i need to put down any of my pets, that someone like this is there to hold them..

whatikilledtoday.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We're in the process of rescuing a kitty from the local trailer park, and trying to coax it out of hiding.

Poor thing is probably starving to death. The owners had to leave and go far away and gave it to someone who couldn't take care of it.

We had a vet appt today but the cat just wouldn't come out of hiding.

Sigh. We'll try again tomorrow.

Not sure how my current cat will handle a brother (or sister?).

(Fingers crossed)

top topics

join