It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D4rk Kn1ght, Two moons and me

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Because I got a damn compass out and the moon was at magnetic north thats why. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

But if it makes you feel better. The moon was in the direct north as my compass pointed to. That better?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
so the question still remains ....

is it normal for the moon to be in the north ???????

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Remember the way that you see the Moon may be seen differently depending on what hemisphere you are in.

If the moon were large enough everybody would see it in every hemisphere at the same time.

People around the world should gauge it by hemispheres, and update each other when it leaves from that hemisphere to see where it pops up.

I am sure we have every hemisphere here on ATS.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
last night at 4:10am , the moon was in a North North East direction.

i have never sen the moon in that direction in the 6 years i have lived here.
anyone know where the moon `should` be at that time of night in the UK ??

snoopyuk

It's a waning crescent - at this time of year it should rise to the NE

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Now when you see that i said the moon was in the wrong position, i really mean it was in the wrong position. Not that I mistook it, not that i don't know where it should of been. It was in the North. Dead straight magnetic north.

Daniel.

Were that the case, everyone else in the N Hemisphere would have seen it in the same position. Clearly you are mistaken.

What was your exact location at the time?

I know a number of amateur astronomers - I'm sure they can help verify your observations

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
reply to post by roadgravel

Because I got a damn compass out and the moon was at magnetic north thats why. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

But if it makes you feel better. The moon was in the direct north as my compass pointed to. That better?

Because it doesn't take a genius to know that a big survival or investigator type would not have a compass that is not adjusted for the magnetic declination of his locale. True north and magnetic north differ. Your compass pointing to mag north states that fact.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I found another web page that details the times when the moon should be visible during the daylight. According to their explanation, it does not cover what I saw or the timing for what I saw, or where I saw it.

Which causes me to wonder if, in fact, it was the moon or a giant orb.

To be clear, the one I said looked like a biscuit sitting in a toaster was in a cloudless clear sky. It appeared as a circle which was cut in half. The full top half in front of a blue sky, the bottom half hidden behind the blue sky. It was about 9:30 a.m. and West in the sky. There was nothing to obstruct my view.

home.hiwaay.net...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
To be honest, I fail to see how anyone could mistake the Moon for something else?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I did not say I was mistaken, but, because some posters believe it to be impossible, I was merely exploring other explanations for the strangeness.

(5) Full Moon - Two weeks after the new moon, the moon is now halfway through its revolution, and now the illuminated half coincides with the one facing the Earth, so that we can see a full disk: we have a full moon. As mentioned above, at this time the Moon rises at the time the Sun sets, and it sets when the Sun rises. If the Moon happens to align exactly with the Earth and Sun, then we get a lunar eclipse.

If the moon were large enough everybody would see it in every hemisphere at the same time.

For practical purposes, phases of the Moon and the percent of the Moon illuminated are independent of the location on the Earth from where the Moon is observed. That is, all the phases occur at the same time regardless of the observer's position.

home.hiwaay.net...

Edited to include more info and quote.
[edit on 30-7-2008 by Siren]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I originally posted this account in another thread, thinking it was this one.

I had a strange event this past month, I had an experience watching "the moon" rapidly descend the sky.
I was at my cottage near Kamloops, BC and was watching a beautiful sunset on Monday Aug. 4, 2008. A lovely crescent moon was traversing slightly above the horizon in the west following the sun. It was a really spectacular sight and I immediately went for my camera. Well, in the minute or so that I went inside, grabbed the camera and went back onto the deck, the crescent moon had moved very quickly, dropping its bottom edge behind the mountain. From there, it disappeared within 2 minutes. No joke. What would take the moon, normally a good 15 minutes of travel took less than 5.
I am reviewing the photos I took, but I fear that it was moving so fast that I did not get time to adjust shutter speed and iris properly.
Reviewing the moon phases for the month of August, it seems that the crescent shape was correct, but the speed at which it moved was very disconcerting. I have NEVER seen the moon travel through the sky with the type of speed it had on August 4 around 8-9pm.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solo32_98

Hi Solo,

Thank you for your post. I have been watching the moon much more since my experience. I must admit, I never paid that much attention to it before. Now I see it all over the sky in various phases and at different times than what I would think was normal although I do now think it is normal.

The quick descent seems strange though...but I don't know. Have you watched it much lately to know for sure if that was unusual?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

Absolutely, I have been watching it lately and it does not move nearly as fast as it did that night. Correcting an error: It was actually August 3, not 4 as I previously stated.
Honestly, I can't say that I have ever seen it move through the sky with such speed as that night. And I have been watching the moon for years, ever since I actually felt it's pull one night about 20 years ago.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Check out the moon times at the USNO using this link and Form B on the page for Aug 3.

I looked up you location as 120 20 W and 50 40 N.

You will see the time of moon set.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I believe you.

Would you mind elaborating on when you felt the moons pull? That sounds very interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I observed fast movement, I think it was Thursday night 08/14, early Friday morning. When I walked my dog the moon was East of my home. When I turned to come in the moon was pretty much in the same position. However, in less than 5 minutes time, the time it took for me to hang up the leash and return to my computer, it had moved to directly opposite my den window which is West of where it was originally. It moved in the right direction and I remember thinking to myself that somehow the moon speeded up.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
morning everyone,

i posted on this yesturday but cant find my post so had to join,

about 3 days ago now i realy did see 2 moons in the sky one moon was sitting in the same place it normaly does and the other was where the sun sets it was around 3 in the afternoon ,

when i typed the 2 moons in google all i got was a load of hoax rubbish which doesnt help explain whot i saw at all far from it,

has anyone seen this for real got pic or anything can someone please explain to me whot this is as i cant find anything thats real and not hoax

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by annalisse1981

Hi annalisse, Welcome to ATS.

I can't explain what you saw any more than I can explain what I saw. But I do believe you.

Tell me more about what you saw. Were the moons in the sky at the same time? Were they the same shape? What part of the country do you live in? What time of day was it?

I appreciate that you posted your story...makes me feel better when someone from this board sees the same thing. Dan Tanna may chime back in on the thread...I hope so.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
hay all glad someone belives me,

yes 4 days ago now i saw this,

and the time was around 3 oclock in the afternoon the real moon was in the sky just coming up in the place it should be the sun was in the 3 oclock postion,
and the second moon was where the sun sets in the 5 ocolck postion,

if this helps in anyway sorry i dont know how else to explain it,

i often see the moon in the sky in the day time right up thier near the sun around mid day dont know if this is normal,

i have also seen the moon rising near the same place the sun sets too,
i dont know if this is normal

i live near brighton in the uk ,

does anyone know or have some true answers for this ,

thnks zippy for ur reply ,

sorry for my very poor spelling hope everyone understands whot i wrote down

much love

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by annalisse1981

You told your story just fine. I understood what you were saying. I don't have any answers for you. I wish that I did. The moon cycles are all over the place. Sometimes it rises at night...sometimes during the day. But that does not explain two moons in the sky at the same time. Just know that you are not alone in what you saw.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
strange stuff. this question is aimed at anyone who saw the twin moons, were they the same approx size in the sky? also, how high in the sky did the first moon rise? what colour was it and how distinct were it's features?

with enough detail a possible logical explanation might present itself, at least i hope so, if dark knight really did know something i'm gonna crap myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join