It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D4rk Kn1ght, Two moons and me

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
reply to post by Essan

For the record, it was a very long time ago, but, I did receive an "A" in astronomy. My years on the planet as an observer can not be discounted when I say that the moon is visible more frequently in the daytime sky. You may not be old enough to have observed any differences.

So why don't astronomers notice the difference? And are you saying that the lunar cycle slows down in the first half and speed up in the second half so that the Moon is visible in the daytime more often that it would normally be expected to? How else would you explain the fact that the Moon goes through a 4 week cycle yet is visible more often by day than by night?

And presumably this changes according to time of year (obviously there are more daylight hours in summer, when the Moon can be seen by day, than in winter)?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
reply to post by Essan

Well, I am afraid that I don't have much excuse...I AM 50.

I'm a mere 42

But as a kid I lived in a remote spot where there was very little light pollution and developed quite an interest in astronomy. Seeing the Andromeda Galaxy with the naked eye and stuff
I do think kids miss out on a lot of that these days.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

All I can say is not so. Maybe you view the sky more at different times of the years (day length) or more in the day now.

I am probably a bit older then one would expect so I am not new to watching the sky and stars.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hey for those of you who might be interested, there is a team who run a live video feed of deep space objects about once a month out on the west, Utah and Cali, all you have to do is sign up for e-mail alerts and they'll send you the date and time of the next show, you can also request what objects you'd like them to view. It's pretty neat, I've done it a few times. It's a pretty sophisticated amateur astronomer with good equipment. They even have real time chat if you want to communicate with the team as it's happening.

Link: astrochannels.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

The web page listed will allow one to input their location and request a date or a range of dates and will provide the times they claim the moon should rise and set. According to the information they have provided the moon appeared on a date and time when it should have not. Of course, I may be dumb, but, you smart people can do it for yourself and then watch the sky to see if the two correlate. Note: It may be hard to convince anyone of what you saw because you can not provide any verifiable proof.

www.40-below.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

What was your date, time and location used? Remember, it is the rise and set listed. The moon will be crossing the sky in between. I suppose you are saying that the moon you saw was outside the rise to set time period.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I can not give you my location. What I am trying to say is that the time periods that used to be for moon rise have increased in regards to daytime rises. For the month of July, 2008 the moon was visible in the daytime sky from (counting from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.) July 13th up to July 28th. That would be 15 days, which I believe to be an increase. There have been months when it has been more than 15 days, ie. 18 which would mean that for 1/2 of any given month the moon is now visible during daylight hours. It is not like it is hard to see, it is and has been very observable, sometimes higher and sometimes lower.

I suppose you are saying that the moon you saw was outside the rise to set time period.

Only the one that looked like a biscuit sitting up in a toaster.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Siren]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren There have been months when it has been more than 15 days, ie. 18 which would mean that for 1/2 of any given month the moon is now visible during daylight hours. It is not like it is hard to see, it is and has been very observable, sometimes higher and sometimes lower

The lunar cycle is 28 days. Most months are 30 or 31 days. So normally we'd expected to see the Moon during the day for at least 15 days. However, this also depends on time of year and how far north you are.

As I've already said, the altitude of the sun varies according to phase.

So can anyone provide actual evidence of the Moon being visible when, according to astronomical date, it should not be? Otherwise this thread is a dead duck.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

Real nice InterWeb. I am sorry that you don't find my thread credible.

I find myself wanting to be very rude to you, but I think I will refrain, unlike you did. I would appreciate it if you would not ever reply to any thread I write.

Watch out! that's not very open minded

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The following website has a clear photograph of the full moon during the daylight.

www.vizero.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
From DK thread...

This summer gone, I was with my dad in the garden, and we were watching the moon. My dad said it was in the wrong area of the sky... and it sunk below the horizon.

It then rose, but backwards... only to swing and sway, and set again... five minutes later, the moon rose for real... in the east, and the 'moon' we were watching was in the north west.....

I saw a moon rise and set twice (as told we would)

So that was a set, rise backward, set action. This is not the same as what people are stating as an observation here.

Thanks for finding that bit for me. I had been looking for it. So not only was the moon in thr wrong area of the sky, but it rose backwards! swing and sway, and then set again???????????????????????????????????????

then the real moon rose? WTF???????????????????? thats some trippy s### right there!

As for it being relevant? ........ seems bloody relevant to me.

I saw a moon in the north, magnetic north. Thats very relevant.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Day time full moon.

Looking for pics with day time full moon in it? here is one for you with exif data on the linked piccie.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Notice the notes from the photographer. It said 2100 hr. So it was taken as it rose near sunset in the summer while there is still daylight. That is not unusual.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Good thread, I think that if with the current technology it's quite possible to produce holographics imagine what can be done with unlimited resources and budget. As for the poster I believe you because there's a lot between heavens and earth that cannot be explained yet and the most easy thing to do is to dismiss all the people's experiences as hoaxes, I bear with you not to show empathy but to keep this theme on the discusion table, all are just possibilities and we should explore as many as we can in order to get a better picture.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Siren

it was hardly middle of the day it was 9pm .

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
last night at 4:10am , the moon was in a North North East direction.

i have never sen the moon in that direction in the 6 years i have lived here.
anyone know where the moon `should` be at that time of night in the UK ??

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Stellarium. Best software for the budding sky watcher. FREE! yes sir, Stellarium is FREE!

Is that the size and shape you saw the moon?

Daniel.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

yes that is exactly like the moon i saw last night,

so was it in the correct place / direction ??

snoopyuk

thanks , i just downloaded that prog ,

it is an amazing bit of software !!!!!!

[edit on 30-7-2008 by snoopyuk]

[edit on 30-7-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Now when you see that i said the moon was in the wrong position, i really mean it was in the wrong position. Not that I mistook it, not that i don't know where it should of been. It was in the North. Dead straight magnetic north.

Daniel.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Now when you see that i said the moon was in the wrong position, i really mean it was in the wrong position. Not that I mistook it, not that i don't know where it should of been.

You're belief isn't proof of it being there. Why do you keep stating magnetic north?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join