It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D4rk Kn1ght, Two moons and me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Yes, and hopefully there are more. I really felt like I was setting myself up for riducule when I posted it. But, maybe it is more common than I thought.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

rare as Hens teeth methinks. Its just that ATS can cast out a huge net to reach far flung people.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The crescent you saw was probably the moon and the full "moon" you saw was probably Mars.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
The crescent you saw was probably the moon and the full "moon" you saw was probably Mars.

Thats f###### laughable. MARS? the planet mars mistaken for the moon? are you taking the pee? How can you mistake a tiny little glimmer of light in the sky for the moon?

Oh I have heard all debunker lines now. Mars mistaken for the moon... giggy goodness me.

Lug

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

I think you nailed it, except for one thing... the planet was likely Venus instead of Mars.

Venus looks really big just after rising because the atmosphere makes it look that way just like the moon.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lug

Nope, no way was this a planet. The first thing I saw right after sunset was a crescent moon in the west....About 2 or three hours later, I saw a FULL moon in the east. I KNOW what the moon looks like. I have seen it more than a few times in 50 years.

Lug

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If there were two moons, don't you think tides worldwide would have been affected?

Wouldn't just about every farmer in the world have noticed since farming depends on lunar cycles, especially in temperate zones?

Here's what I think you saw and you can take it or leave it-

The crescent moon you saw at sunset was a small high cloud.
The 'star' you saw was a planet since they show up earlier than regular stars and the rising moon was good old Luna.

You say it was full... that means if it was the last full moon, then it was around the 18th of July.

If you DID see two moons, where did the second one go since you saw it last?

Surely someone would have noticed the second one after 10 days.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lug

if you look at the sites provided about project blue beem,. then you will see where they are stating the second moon came from. as in it was not real only a hologram.

Edit to add: off topic,. but Dan Tann,. how have oyu been since your encounter? has there been anything else?,. sorry i haven't been to that thread in awhile i guess i should go catch up.

[edit on 7/27/2008 by keeff]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You slept a while then saw the moon again in another position.

The Earth is rotating all the time. It's nothing out of the ordinary. There are amateur astronomers tracking the moon and other celestial objects all the time too.

Lug

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

Well, if it WAS the 5.6 Airborne Holographic Projector, that would explain no gravitational pull, etc.

www.sweetliberty.org...

The question remains, then, which moon is the real one?

If the full moon rose the next night in the same place about the same time, then I'd say the crescent one was the projection.

On the other hand, if it wasn't a projection, who's to say it wasn;'t a UFO sighting? There's been plenty of triangle sightings over the years.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Some artful deflection going on here I see.

Loads of "reasons why two moons... tides... blah blah blah didn't read the post..... blah blah blah you saw venus ... blah blah you saw Mars" hot air wasting going on.

This isn't about two real physical moons. This is about some how TPTB are using some thing to make it appear as there are two moons. some kind of image projection test is a guess.

As for the posts where they say mars / venus van be mistaken for the moon, thats really calling the observer an idiot. The size difference alone kills that one dead straight off.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
This isn't about two real physical moons. This is about some how TPTB are using some thing to make it appear as there are two moons. some kind of image projection test is a guess.

More like blind belief in a wild theory.

If the government was capable and testing, why have only a couple of people seen this display. If this is the real thing, why are they doing such a poor job because only a couple people have seen it.

I say poor observation or simple mistake.

Lug

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
Does anyone have a theory as to what I saw and how that could have been possible? I did not dream this and I am 100% sure of what I saw.

Hey, I'm just trying to help out here and not putting anyone down. A crescent moon at sunset and a 'star' beside it made me think of Venus. It's not THAT far fetched, so I'm wondering why you're saying;

I'm not trying to deflect, I'm trying to understand what the OP saw.

calling the observer an idiot

huh?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Exactly Dan Tanna. I thought it was a test also. And what a great place to have a test....in Oklahoma. Who is going to believe some dumb Okie...not even another Okie. And obviously, not too many on this site. WE know though, don't we? Seeing IS believing.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Exactly Dan Tanna. I thought it was a test also. And what a great place to have a test....in Oklahoma. Who is going to believe some dumb Okie...not even another Okie. And obviously, not too many on this site. WE know though, don't we? Seeing IS believing.

Seeing is believing Zippy, and I feel for you. You stated plain and clear what you saw. Thats good for me, because I have seen 'a moon in the north' thats physically impossible. However, thats what i saw with my wife. A moon or image there of, of it setting below the sky line.

To have people tell you, not ask if you could of been mistaken, but tell you that you saw mars/venus is insulting. The size difference alone kills that idea dead.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I also saw a single star in the NW sky about even with the "moon". It was the only star in the sky. I thought it was early for a star to be out so I went in and got my binoculars to look closer at the star. It didn't appear to be anything but a star through the binoculars.

I think I see the same star your talking about all the time it always seems to be lined up with the moon and its extremely bright compared to any other 'star' , most of the time besides the moon its the only thing visible. I live in ny so im a pretty good distance from you, has anyone else noticed this wierd star?
I heard something about nasa installing new panels on some space station and now its brighter than venus , could that be it?

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Believe195]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Believe195

The only reason I mentioned the star at all is because it disappeared at the same time the crescent moon did. It was there one minute and gone the next. I have not seen the same star since then at sunset.

I think I know the star you are speaking of....in the southern sky? Mine was in the NE.

Thanks for your interest.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Believe195

The only reason I mentioned the star at all is because it disappeared at the same time the crescent moon did. It was there one minute and gone the next. I have not seen the same star since then at sunset.

I know the star you are speaking of....in the southern sky? Mine was in the NE.

From the first post.

I also saw a single star in the NW sky about even with the "moon". It was the only star in the sky. I thought it was early for a star to be out so I went in and got my binoculars to look closer at the star. It didn't appear to be anything but a star through the binoculars. I looked away from the sky for less than a minute and then looked up again and they were BOTH gone.

First it was the Northwest and now Northeast?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yeah probably nothing , the star always catches my attention though for some reason or another. Not really sure what direction im facing i think south sounds right, also in the same basic direction i sometimes see a faint orange star extremely low in the sky and usually only for about the first 30 minutes of the night, but im almost atop a mountain in the adirondacks

The moon is a strange greyy item indeed though, lots of different theories around about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Ok so I got my directions mixed up. Sue me. To clarify..the crescent moon was in the west, the star was in the NW and the full moon rose in the east. Sorry for the mix-up. I am not the best with directions.... I can barely read a map.

The point is: I saw what I believe to be two separate moons in one night. I can't prove it. Even if I had taken a picture, I don't think it would prove a thing.

I don't know what else to say except that I am not a liar.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join