It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence report on weponized avian flu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by streakr
Influenza virus is notoriously susceptible to environmental inactivation (etc.)

Given a determined group of researchers, scientists and a BIG budget with a lot of secrecy, do you suppose they would have the resources to eventually figure out how to create a bug that was hardier, easier to spread, and MUCH deadlier...?

I'm thinking so...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by streakr
Influenza virus is notoriously susceptible to environmental inactivation (etc.)

Given a determined group of researchers, scientists and a BIG budget with a lot of secrecy, do you suppose they would have the resources to eventually figure out how to create a bug that was hardier, easier to spread, and MUCH deadlier...?

I'm thinking so...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
reply to post by seawolf197

She has some points, but unfortunately most of them are wrong. There is zero evidence of countries that have weaponized H5N1, yes we can say that chances are a country has, but it is just speculation. H5N1 has only killed around 400 people total and the definite upcoming mutation could make it easier or harder to catch. Right now there is zero proof of what she said. The only thing she is right about is the vaccine, a medical group made a vaccine called Tamiflu a while back which does poop all - that and 'Flu Mist' ... well you got to an idiot to willing take them. Just because they don't work, doesn't mean there weapons. Every bio-company is out there to make big money, they don't care weather it works or not. O eating healthy does nothing either there is zero proof for that, i briefly went over that in my sticky'd thread in this forum on a reply. Right now not one human immune system on the planet could with stand H5N1. I like the attempt at getting us to donate at the end though.

Fox

Tamiflu is not a vaccine, it is a suppressant. It helps you survive the infection. And there are already strains of Tamiflu resistant H5N1.

When influenza goes pandemic it begins a massive mutation rate stage.

It has already entered that stage.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

I guess I'm screwed then.... I had to take that flumist # for the military just this past year..... I wish I could refuse to vaccinate.... but unfortunately in the military they just kinda tell you what you need to be vaccinated on and they just kinda.... stick you with it.
I'm wondering if the stuff they give us in boot camp isn't gonna kill me.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
As i mentioned, there is no real Evidence that Tamiflu works, just tests done by the manufacturers who say its great. Tamiflu doesn't work, anyone can tell you that, Influenza A subtype H5N1 right now, is the deadliest thing on this planet and as i said before, not one person on the planet could withstand it right now If it mutated into a highly contagious human-to-human strain. Which as someone has mentioned, it is already doing.

Fox

top topics

<< 1   >>

join