It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Denies He Used 'The Word Timetable,'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

McCain Denies He Used 'The Word Timetable,'

thinkprogress.org

But on the heels Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s embrace of a 16-month timetable for withdrawal, McCain has been forced to change his tune. “I think it’s a pretty good timetable,” McCain told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Friday.

Now, however, McCain is denying his own words. “I didn’t use the word timetable,” he told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos in an interview airing today:

STEPHANOPOULOS: You shouldn’t have used the word timetable.

MCCAIN: I didn’t use the word timetable. That I did — if I did…

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, it’s a pretty good timetable.

MCCAIN: Oh, well, look. Anything is a good timetable that is dictated by conditions on the ground. Anything is good.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/27/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
ANYTHING is a good TIMETABLE?

What the heck does that mean?

This guy is just unbelievable!

So what is it?

"16 months sounds like a good timetable", or, "I never said timetable"?

This is a man who can just blatantly lie to the public and MSM (even when it's been recorded on video) about what he said a few does ago to the press and say he never said that and try to make THEM look like the idiots!

If he never said the remark about "16 months sounds like a good timetable", then why didn't his campaign put out a statement as soon as they saw this "misquote" in the press?

It's because he's lying! He did say "16 months sounds like a good timetable"!

McCain Denies He Used the Word Timetable

McCain: 16-Month Withdrawal Is 'A Pretty Good Timetable'

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/27/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I don't think he was "lying" to George S.

The scarier reality is that he just didn't REMEMBER saying it a couple days ago. This isn't the first time he's forgotten what he said. He clearly has some memory problems, which is a little alarming considering he wants to lead our country.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Its a political 'gotcha!' statement and McCain, stupidly, is taking the bait. Instead of denying that he said it, he should be concentrating on the fact that he also said it should be dictated by the conditions on the ground in Iraq. This is essentially his original position, anyway.

But, in a soundbyte world, the instant he acknowledged the word 'timetable', he screwed himself royally on the issue and he's compounding it by running from it.

new topics

top topics

join